PDA

View Full Version : (Don't read if you're sensitive!) Just saw on the news: Baby cut from mother's womb

peasprout
12-18-2004, 12:30 AM
This is so horrible,...I can't believe anyone would do this! At the end of the story they say several pregnant women have had this happen to them. This is so sick and I am so saddened right now.

http://www.kron.com/Global/story.asp?S=2707276&nav=5D7iUKM6
JP

psophia17
12-18-2004, 12:48 AM
This is a case where I think "Oh my God" definitely applies...Oh my God...

brubeck
12-18-2004, 10:42 AM
I heard about this on the radio while driving on the highway. I almost had to pull over because I was starting to become faint. This would totally be my worst nightmare as a pregant Mom. I knew there were people out there who would kidnap pg women, wait unti lthey give birth and then kill the Mom, but this somehow seems so much worse!

Apparently the woman who did this had mc'd and she found the pg woman on internet chat boards. She took the baby for herself, not to sell.

Can you imagine the poor Dad being given his 1 month preemie back and Mom is dead?

tinkerbell1217
12-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Sounds like something from a movie! How terrible. At least they found the baby okay. Just awful!!!

ohiomom
12-18-2004, 11:25 PM
It seems like these are copycat crimes. This happened a few years ago about 45 miles from here... the murdered mother was selling a car. Horrid, horrid people.... It's hard to see how someone can be so deranged to do this. How very sad for the families involved.

Nicole's Mom 7/03

bostonsmama
12-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Why would the story article read "fetus" if the BABY is alive and expected to live? This ranks right up there for journalism stupidity with "insurgents" instead of "terrorists." How about bringing charges against Lisa Montgomery for kidnapping a CHILD, first degree murder, child endangerment, unlawful entry, malicious wounding, taking a hostage, lying under oath, endangering her own children, etc, etc, etc. This case outrages me...and frankly it makes me nervous about announcing any sort of pregnancy "news" on this site and others. YIKES!

calebsmama03
12-19-2004, 06:25 AM
FWIW, the story does refer to the baby in question as "baby", "child" and "little girl". The reference to a "fetus" was regarding another case in which the mom was said to be 6 months pg - putting the fetus somewhere between 24-28 weeks GA - a point at which, without intensive lifesupport measures the baby would die. You are correct, though, in that they should still have referenced that child as a "baby" after it had been "born". They would, however, be grammatically correct in referring to the "fetus" being cut from it's mother's womb, but once it is born, it is a baby :)

I, too, would hope that once the DA gets the case there will be harsher charges filed!!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

ddmarsh
12-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Ohiomom you must live not too far from me, as I too live about 45 miles (in the eastern direction) from where this happened a few years ago :).

bostonsmama
12-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I did read the entire article, but it must have slipped my mind that they referrenced another case. I just have an aversion to the media's incessant desire to whitewash and be politically correct. I guesss if you think about it...it is a fetus, but they referred to "the fetus" after it was born, which is strange brew to me. :)

Dcclerk
12-20-2004, 02:52 PM
That is horrible. The kind of thing that you don't believe could possibly happen outside of the movies/TV. I am very sad.