PDA

View Full Version : Questions about making photo holiday cards

Lucia
12-19-2004, 03:39 AM
I have been so impressed by all of the wonderful photo cards. We usually just get ours done on Ofoto,but we are too late this year and we are now trying to figure out how to send a nice e-mail version of a photo card. Any suggestions would great!

We don't own a photoshop program, but would like to get one...any suggestions about which version would be easiest to use? Is it possible to just create a card on photoshop and e-mail it to friends and family?

Thanks for your help! And thanks for sharing all of your hard work...the cards are beautiful!

Happy Holidays!
Lucia

mom to Noah 2/2003

deborah_r
12-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I haven't used it, but it seems that a lot of people here use Photoshop Elements and I don't think it is that expensive.

You could certainly send it as an email attachment easily. I usually use the "save for web" feature to make the file smaller so it doesn't take a long time to load. If you send it as the same file that would be good enough quality for printing, the file will probably be huge, and cause problems to those with older computers.

Good luck!

octmom
12-19-2004, 09:26 PM
You can download a free trial of Photoshop Elements from the adobe web site. I think it lasts 30 days. HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

Lucia
12-19-2004, 10:15 PM
What great advice! Thanks for the feedback! We will try out the photoshop elements free trial. Hopefully we will be able to figure out something before New Year's!

Lucia