PDA

View Full Version : Need some Happy Thoughts

amazz
12-19-2004, 03:59 PM
If you think about it, could you send me some happy thoughts tomorrow (Monday)?! My mom is leaving and I'm going to have Kami on my own again. I'm pretty nervous b/c my mom has been here since I went into the hospital the first week of this month. I still get worn out really easily and I'm just scared that I'm not going to be able to do this on my own.

I don't begrudge my mom going home at all. I completely understand that she needs to go (there is no telling how many bills have piled up--my dad doesn't feel it's his job to pay bills), I just wish she lived across the street instead of 4 hours away. I really do know how lucky I am to have her in my life (esp. with the Hydras of the world out there) and I try to thank her several times a day for helping us. I just don't want her to go...I really like having her around for the company and b/c she is my best friend besides Tim and she loves my baby girl so much. I know that is selfish, but I can't help wanting to beg her to stay. I won't, but I really want to. :)

So if you've stuck with me this far, thanks for letting me whine a little bit.

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

redhookmom
12-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Angela,
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I am sure Kami is going to miss her too.

jamsmu
12-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Angela,

I'm sure it will be an adjustment--I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you :)

brigmaman
12-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Angela, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I'm sure once you get used to being on your own, you'll be fine! I remember with Brig (my first) my dh was home for about 3 weeks before returning to work. I was petrified of being by myself with the baby. I think a lot of it was just wondering what I was going to do the whole day by myself with such a little, helpless babe.
It sounds like your situation is more about you missing your mom. It's nice that you let her know how much you appreciate her being around.
Good luck- we're here for you!

jbowman
12-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Texas-sized hugs, Angela!!!

I'm sorry that your mom is leaving--that must be very difficult for you. It will be very hard tomorrow and next week; but it will get easier, I promise! And ask for support from the ladies on the board. As you know, they are the best!

bluej
12-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Happy thoughts to you Angela! Just remember to take it easy. I'm sure your mom has been keeping the house going while you care for little Kami and you will probably feel overwhelmed at first. The laundry does not need to get done, Tim doesn't need a hot meal (he can pick up carry out for the two of you), nothing needs to be dusted...you get the idea. Just take things slow and focus on taking care of yourself while you care for your babe. Eventually you will have the strength to add household chores, but there's no sense in wearing yourself out if you don't have the energy to do them right away. And have yourself a good cry. I cry after every visit with my family b/c I know I'm going to miss them so much. I think that's a good thing :)

McQ
12-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear that your mother is leaving. She sounds like an awesome lady. Will she be back for Christmas???

Don't try to do anything tomorrow. Just cuddle with Kami on the couch and you'll be fine.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

StaceyKim
12-19-2004, 10:41 PM
My mom lives far away too (a plane ride away) and it sucks. She comes to visit quite frequently but I hate it when she leaves.

Hang in there!

Marisa6826
12-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Girlie-

I know how you feel. I'm already freaking at the thought of being left home with TWO kiddos when Jonathan has to go back on 1/3. Eeeeeeek!

-m

lukkykatt
12-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Oh I remember all too well that sinking feeling when left alone for the first time! It'll really be fine!

Hugs,

barbarhow
12-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Angela-I'm thinking about you today. Take it slowly. rest as much as you can and give us a holler if you need some support. Hang in there.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

steph2003
12-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Take it easy & don't push yourself too much!!! No matter how old we are we always need our moms :) (with a few exceptions here & there of course!)

Just one hour at a time & then one day at a time....give your little girl lots of snuggles & kisses, instant pick me up!

cinrein
12-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Angela,
I hope your day is going well. I spent most of those early days by myself, just me and Anna cuddled on the couch. Oddly enough, the days went fast! It is scary, but I know you will do just fine.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

toomanystrollers
12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
You can do it mama!!! Sounds like your mom is a wonderful example :)
Big Hugs!!