PDA

View Full Version : FOUND! Somewhere in our domicile lies an old milk sippy cup!

deborah_r
12-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I just know it is around here somewhere. I remember him having his orange insulated sippy cup with milk in it, and I went to look for it and never found it. That was several days ago. I guess eventually we will be able to track it down by smell (ewwwwww).

Update: Found it. Fortunately I found it before Kai did! I think the cup is salvagable. It was under the one little corner of the bed I did not check... :)

new_mommy25
12-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Yup, we had that happen with a cup that had his little juice/water combo. I found it a few days later in the oven of his play kitchen. Actually the ant trail led me to it. Eeewww...

brigmaman
12-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Hmmm...was beginning to think we were the only ones this happens to. Just found a milk cup under the bed. Brig hasn't had a milk cup at bedtime in months! :o

C99
12-19-2004, 09:11 PM
I usually lose them and then "remember" (smell) them in the car! I've thrown out at least 2 that were just too gross to dump and clean. Now at least it's cold out, so they don't curdle. But I've lost them under the couch as well.

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't post this because I'm sure it says things about my housekeeping skills.

Momof3Labs
12-19-2004, 09:30 PM
I think that it passed through my DH's car - there is a sour milk smell that we have not been able to pinpoint, and we've covered every inch of the car (not to mention that milk sippies don't go in the car in the first place).

Ewwwww....

ethansmom
12-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Ewww...we found one last week that was really old! That's the bad (or good!) thing about those insulated sippies....I couldn't smell it even while holding it!

I think they hide out with those missing toy parts and odd socks! ;-)

psophia17
12-20-2004, 12:07 PM
I was babysitting once, way back when, when the little girl (she was about 2) started howling. She had found a sippy cup of milk (I don't know where, we were all in the living room and it wasn't under the couch) and drank it, probably thinking "oh boy, I love milk and just found some."

It was not all she dreamed it would be, and she was very, very surprised. When the Mom came home, she said that the sippy had been missing for more than a month, and she was an anal-retentive housekeeper, so there's no telling where the cup was for that time...and let's just say that the milk was most definitely "off" ;)

toomanystrollers
12-20-2004, 02:23 PM
I just love finding cottage cheese sippy petri cups!!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!