PDA

View Full Version : Chrissyhowie!

jec2
12-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Chrissy, I've been trying to post all day on the BBHolidayExchange Yahoo Group Board, but NONE of my 8 posts have posted. It looks like my responses have all been eaten by cyberspace! Anyway, here it goes again :)

I am so glad that your gift found you! I was beginning to worry that the mailman obsconded with it and got himself drunk :) I must admit that the intended gift was a bit different--I wanted to get you an Annie Lennox Christmas CD, a bottle of Campari and a skiing Santa Claus ornament. However, Annie Lennox doesn't have a Christmas album, the bottles of Campari were H.U.G.E and there was no skiing Santa ornaments anywhere. I actually almost got you a pickle ornament because it was just too funny. but, I thought you seem the type that likes cool stuff so you can't get much cooler than Ben Harper! Glad you enjoyed your gift. It was so much fun to put together for you :)

Oh, and there should have been some lip balm in there too. I thought that it might get overlooked b/c it is small and wrapped in tissue, but hope that you found it.

Merry, Merry!

Juliet

chrissyhowie
12-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Juliet! Chloe just woke up from a bad dream and I was finally able to get her settled back into bed. So your friendly post couldn't have come at a better time :).

My goodness, you have done your homework! I used to wonder how the Brownie Fairies figured out what to send people -- now I get it! But I don't know how you knew about my weakness for macadamia nuts -- must be mom-to-mom intuition ;).

We usually have a nice, big real Christmas tree, but we had visions of Chloe running amok with pine needles. So this year we almost weren't going to have one at all. But I broke down and got this totally fake little tree (75% off!) on Monday.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18791.jpg
(I must admit I am growing quite fond of it and its ridiculously oversized ornaments as time goes on LOL!)

Here's a close up of Mr. Frog who has center stage:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18790.jpg
Frogs just happen to be Chloe's newest animal word -- how did you know that one ;)? And pickles, by the way, are one of her favorite foods (she's got funny food tastes LOL).

Honestly, I am blown away by your thoughtfulness. Your package definitely helped to finally get me in the Christmas mood! (And when I drink that champagne I'll have even more Christmas spirit :P!) Happy holidays to you and your family!

jec2
12-24-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm glad you broke down and bought it! It so pretty illuminated. And, I'm glad mr. frog found a happy place to hang.

Have a great day and a wonderful Christmas :)