PDA

View Full Version : HELP need answer FAST

TraciG
12-24-2004, 11:23 AM
My father is supposed to pick up me & Sydney & take us back to my parents house for the weekend ( hubby will meet us later ) anyway worried because I have a kitten, 4 months, we have her since November, is it ok to leave her 2 nights ???????

Should I instead go tomorrow morning so at least it's only for 1 night???????????????

ktdid74
12-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Do you have a neighbor that could come play with her and feed her? If so I would, otherwise I'd only stay out one night. That's just me though. Leave a radio on for her for company. My cat flipped out when we left him for a couple of days and he was older. Just my experience- I'm sure someone will have better advice.

jd11365
12-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Personally, I think the cat will be fine. Leave plenty of food and water, and the radio on... It's only 2 nights.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030501/1/0/1/-5/.png

TraciG
12-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I'll leave the TV on, no neighbor, only live her a few months, no body I trust

Momof3Labs
12-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I've left my cat for two nights with no problem, but he's an adult and fairly predictable in his behavior. I do have a feeder that feeds him on schedule since he will otherwise binge and purge and I'll come home to a hungry cat and a lot of puke to clean up! The feeder is available at Petsmart.

kristenk
12-24-2004, 11:55 AM
I definitely wouldn't leave a kitten for 2 nights. I'd have no problem leaving my older cats alone for 2 nights (we have an auto kitty feeder), but there's no way I'd do it to a kitten. Kittens are just so curious and it would be easy for her to get into trouble or knock over a water dish or something. I think it would be much better to just be away from her for one night.

TraciG
12-24-2004, 12:09 PM
because i'm so worried ( worry wart ) my hubby volunteered to stay home tonight & come come to my parents tomorrow morning, still dont know what to do, bring her maybe ?

Melanie
12-24-2004, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't bring her. Unlike dogs, cats are more attached to their enviroments than their owners. She's be more upset to be with you elsewehere, then without you at home.

kristenk
12-24-2004, 12:52 PM
I agree that leaving the kitten at home is probably the best thing as long as she won't be by herself too long. However, now that I think about it, both of my adult cats much prefer to stay home, but they traveled with me a lot when they were kittens and they did fine. There weren't a whole lot of people the places I took them, though, so it was more of a change of scenery for them than a change of everything (place, people, other animals, etc.).

ktdid74
12-24-2004, 01:31 PM
can you confine her to one room in your house? That way she can't get into too much trouble overnight. We did have to bring our cat when we moved and he stayed in the hotel with us for a few days. He did fine with the transition- just get a disposable litter box, etc. I would keep her in one room at your parents house if you bring her.

TraciG
12-24-2004, 03:29 PM
THANKS I didn't bring her but left out 3 bowls of dry food & 3 bowls of water & left the TV on, maybe my SIL will stop by even though she lives 20 minutes away.

have a good Christmas