PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to see we weren't the only ones in the ER Christmas Eve

ohiomom
12-24-2004, 10:36 PM
DD had a 105 temp this afternoon about 1/2 hr after waking up from her nap (was almost 103 degrees then!). No bladder infection or pnemonia, so probably a virus, but yikes! DD has never been ill like this, not even an ear infection. We were to go to PA today to spend next 2 days w/family. I was very, very bummed to not be going, but came to my senses about an hour later and realize how lucky we are not to be spending the holiday in the hospital. I just hope we can keep the fever down. It was back to 102 after we got home... Also, Walmart, etc closed at 6 and I'm just hoping we have enough ibu and tyelenol to see us through tomorrow.

NOw I need to figure out how to thaw a roasting chicken in 12 hours!!

If I've learned anything this past year w/DD, it's that I have no control whatsoever over my schedule.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Nicole's Mom 7/03

Marisa6826
12-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Soak the chicken in salt water in your (clean) kitchen sink. You might have to change the water a couple times, but it works.

As far as getting more ibuprofen or Tylenol, most CVS/Walgreens/chain pharmacies have a 24 hour store somewhere nearby. If not, you can probably get some if you call an emergency number from a Mom and Pop type of pharmacy.

I keep a ton of extra on hand just for those types of occasions.

I have had more than my fair share of hospitals to last me a LONG while!!

Hope Nicole feels better in short order. The actual temp level means nothing. If your kiddo is acting normally at 105, your Ped would be a LOT less concerned than if she had a 102 and was totally listless.

If all else fails, use that chicken to make a big pot of soup for your little one!

-m

jec2
12-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Hopefully you are all back to normal soon. Hopefully dinner thaws too. If not, there is always Chinese :)

ohiomom
12-25-2004, 06:18 PM
I soaked the chicken all night and changed the water when I got up to dose Nicole w/meds. My mom gave me the same thawing advice you gave-- thanks! It's in the oven now and smells good!! Gosh I forgot how hard it is to not get a full night's sleep. It took 11 months for her to sleep through, but i've totally adapted... I feel for you Marissa as a newborn's mom going through that again. Hope Amelia lets you get several hours in a stretch.

Nicole was scary yesterday. She's such an active kiddo normally, to see her lie around and just cry was terrible. This morning we see a molar popped through, so talk about a double whammy. No wonder she was so unhappy.

My girlfriend had extra tyelenol to lend. Thank goodness for good friends in a pinch.
Thanks for the encouragment!

Nicole's Mom 7/03

ohiomom
12-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks! and dinner is in the oven. Today turned out ok, even though it's not a normal traditional Christmas like I"m used to. At least she's feeling some better.
Nicole's Mom 7/03