PDA

View Full Version : My decorator NATE BERKUS is in Sri Lanka! (updated)

StaceyKim
12-27-2004, 09:45 AM
He survived the tsunami!!!!

Story on CNN.com!!!! He was also on CNN but I didn't see him yet.
Here is the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/26/tsunami.survivor/index.html

ETA: he was hanging onto a telephone pole!
ETA#2: I just heard him on CNN. He talked for a while about the experience and how they are desperate for water & food. He is on a small island off the big island. He is with about 50 survivors from different countries and locals. He had to sleep in a field and it is early in the morning there. I still am in shock over the whole thing!

http://www.gfn.com/features/story.php?sid=16616

etwahl
12-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Stacey, was just looking at the pictures of your kids rooms and think they are adorable. If he's the same decorator, he's talented!!!! So glad he survived the tsunami!

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

StaceyKim
12-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Tammy,
Actually, he didn't decorate either of those rooms but we helped me decorate the rest of the house.

I *still* cannot believe he was there!!!

toomanystrollers
12-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Woah - he's a very lucky man!! And he's the decorator who's on Oprah all the time! I personally think he's a hottie :)

g-mama
12-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Oh wow, that's amazing. I have seen him on Oprah several times and love him. I can't believe he's your decorator - lucky you! His designs always look amazing.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

jd11365
12-27-2004, 12:12 PM
OMG...this is just so awful...seeing someone you know (or psudo-know like me from watching Oprah) really makes this hit home. Unbelieveable...thank goodness he is alright.

ETA: Now you realize you MUST post pics of your home!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030501/1/0/1/-5/.png

babymama
12-27-2004, 02:08 PM
I can't imagine the horror of going through this. So glad he's safe. it makes me cry to think about all the devastation this caused. I think I heard on the news this AM that people weren't warned to evacuate. I am so sad about this.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

ethansmom
12-27-2004, 02:39 PM
So I saw your post a while ago, but just now clicked on it! Nate Berkus?!?

I'm so glad he survived and only hope that Oprah will tell his story, which will hopefully result in much needed aid to all the victims.

I'm just at a loss to this devestation....I keep thinking of the loss of life in terms of the WTC...10 times?!? (not to make less of that loss, I'm just trying to comprehend numbers...)

new_mommy25
12-27-2004, 03:03 PM
OMG, Stacey, your decorator is LUCKY!! I am so glad he is ok. I can't imagine the horror if something had happened to him. God Bless everyone who was injured.

Vajrastorm
12-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Sad thing is, the friend he was with is missing. :(
I'm sure he is grateful to be alive, but I imagine it is heartbreaking to not know if his friend made it.

wagner36
12-27-2004, 09:43 PM
One of my colleagues (who apparently went to college with Nate Berkus) said that it was his boyfriend who was killed / is missing. Isn't that sad? Poor Nate Berkus.

Stacey - do you have trouble saying just "Nate" - Berkus is not a particularly attractive last name, but it just rolls of your tongue - I feel like it is physically impossible to say the "Nate" without the "Berkus"

StaceyKim
12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
(pak)

tara,
lol! you are so right about his name.
he said the guys name on tv...i think hernandez or something. pretty sure it was his bf...the area is a BIG gay tourist attraction.
it is just awful! i can't even imagine what he must be going through.