PDA

View Full Version : Helping DH with his New Years Resolution...

emilyr
12-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Well, DH has decided that he needs to get back on the fitness wagon. (He did an Ironman in '93 but has been severely unmotivated since, so I know he has potential.) We would like to take advantage of the treadmill sale at Sears this week but I don't know much about shopping for treadmills, only that I need to spend a little money ($1000+) to get one that lasts. Our store had mostly Nordictrac and a couple of Pro Forms. Is anyone familiar with these or know if they are worth the $?

Any help is appreciated, I am left to do the research for him (the story of my life....)

Emily

Momof3Labs
12-28-2004, 03:44 PM
We're in the midst of this research, too. The fitness director at DH's work said that whatever you do, avoid Pro Form. He also mentioned things like getting one with a long enough track (or whatever it is called) for DH's stride, which is quite long at his height. DH is doing the research so I don't have much more input at the moment, but those were two things that I retained from our quick conversation about it on Sunday.

NancyJ_redo
12-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Don't know much about the Sears treadmills, but just an FYI that I think Ebates offers a 2% discount at Sears. I think you can order online at Sears and pick it up in the store, and if you go through Ebates you can get the 2% discount. I'm not positive about all of this, but it's worth checking out for this large purchase. There may be other discount sites that give more money back (don't recall the others, is it epromise and fatcash??).