PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the good wishes

nathansmom
12-28-2004, 11:20 PM
I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know how things are going in our house. The twins came on 12/20 at 4:20 and 4:22 pm. We knew we'd be having a repeat csection but this was rather sudden as I wasn't due until Jan. We went to labor and delivery thinking we'd be sent home but 40 minutes later we had an emergency csection.
Noah Kenneth was born first. He was breech and closest to the cervix. He weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 18 inches long. He was rushed to the NICU with breathing problems. Turns out his lungs weren't fully mature. As of today (12/28) he is still in the NICU and still on oxygen. He needs to learn to eat in order to come home. He has a feeding tube in his nose to fed him. I was told today that they would send him home on oxygen if he learns to eat. This morning they lowered his oxygen intake from 30% to 28%. He weighs 6lbs 1oz as of this morning.
Zachary Ryan was the second born. He weighed 5lbs 14 oz. Zachary had troubles learning to eat but caught on just hours before they had threatened to send him to the NICU. He came home with me on Christmas Eve. He has been a joy at home, he's a very easy baby and just like older brother Nathan pretty much sleeps through the night. As of yesterday he weighs 5lbs 3oz.
Big brother Nathan is thrilled. He loves his brother and makes sure that no one bothers his brother. I don't think he realizes he has another baby brother that hasn't come home yet. Nathan was the first person in the family to hold Nathan and still fights to hold him.
Its been very hard traveling back and forth to visit with Noah at the NICU. Nathan and Zachary aren't allowed in there and it gets harder and harder everyday to entertain Nathan as dad and I take turns visiting Noah. I leave the hospital in tears everyday.
Overall I'm happy with the way things have worked out. After my big scare at 13 weeks my goal was to make it to 36 weeks and I did, right to the day. Now I just need to take some time to recover although its hard when I have to get up to go visit my baby at the hospital.
God bless you if you made it all the way through this message. As a treat I'm posting a link to pictures from the hospital.
http://www.clubphoto.com/reward.php?id=2923812&mid=members19_norah676443&pwd=

mharling
12-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Norah!
It's so good to hear from you. I've wanted to call, but didn't know if I should or if you were even able to check e-mail for me to find out. I've been thinking about you tons and will continue to do so. Sending prayers your way that Noah can be home will all of you soon.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

momtoemma
12-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Norah,

I just wanted to write a quick note to tell you that I am thinking of your entire family and especially little Noah. I know how hard it is to be at home and have a baby in the NICU. It just doesn't seem fair for you to be home with the baby still in the hospital. I didn't have any other children at home when our first DD was in the NICU for a week, so I know that it is even more difficult for you. I remember breaking down and crying everytime we got home at night without the baby. I hope Noah will be able to join your family at home very soon! What a wonderful christmas blessing!

starrynight
12-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Congrats Norah!!! The boys are beautiful :). I'm thinking of you all and hoping Noah can come home quickly!

Vajrastorm
12-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Congratulations on the twins and all my wished for a speedy homecoming for little Noah.

vikivoly
12-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Norah,

First, congratulations! I was away from the boards during Christmas and missed the post of your new arrivals. I'm glad to hear that you and Zachary are both home and doing well. I'll pray for Noah. It sounds as though he is making some progress.

I understand how difficult it is to be away from your newborn, although for me it was the other way around. I'm sure that the holidays were filled with mixed emotions. Soon you will all be together.

Thanks for posting the pictures. They're all 3 precious.

kijip
12-29-2004, 01:51 AM
Yay! I am so glad that you are doing well and I wish Noah a quick trip home.

jubilee
12-29-2004, 02:28 AM
Norah- congratulations on such beautiful boys- all 3! I sure hope Noah comes home soon. It sounds like quite a struggle to visit- and an even bigger struggle to leave once the visit is over. :( You need your babies home! I love the pics- especially Zach with the Santa hat. Thank you for the update, I had been thinking about you.

darby24
12-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Congratulations! What beautiful boys you have - wishing that Noah will be home with you soon

ismommy
12-29-2004, 06:24 AM
Norah,
I am glad that you are home and hope Noah joins you soon. He and ZAchary and of course Nathan are too cute. Its wonderful to hear what a great big brother Nathan is.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

jk3
12-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Norah,

All 3 of your boys are beautiful. Nathan is a terrific big brother. I hope baby Noah comes home soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jd11365
12-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Congratulations! The boys are just adorable! Nate looks like a fantastic big brother...he's going to be afraid to go the the front dorr after Noah comes home, probably thinking every time it opens a new baby is going to come home! ;) Hope Noah is home soon!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030501/1/0/1/-5/.png

rrosen
12-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Thank you for the update! I hope that Noah will join his brothers at home very soon. The pictures are precious, Nathan looks like such a good big brother.

Congratulations and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you all!

Hugs,

sugarsnappea
12-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Norah the babies are so beautiful! I hope you can bring little Noah home today. I am sending you healing thoughts that you will recover quickly. :)

amp
12-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Oh Norah - I'm so glad to hear the story finally! All of your boys are absolutely beautiful, and Nathan does look like a very proud big brother! Those little guys are lucky to have him looking out for them!

I'm sorry that little Noah is still in the NICU and I hope that he joins your family at home soon!

Congratulations! And thanks for taking the time to share the pics and the story. I'm sure you'd rather be resting or being with your boys than sitting and typing. Take care of yourself and let us know when all your babies are home. Hugs!

missym
12-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Congratulations, Norah! What a beautiful family. Thanks for updating us and sharing pictures. Sending wishes for a quick homecoming for Noah!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
20 months and counting!

steph2003
12-29-2004, 09:23 AM
What gorgeous boys to add to your family! Wishing you well & that your 3rd little guy will be home soon.

momathome
12-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Norah!!! I am so glad to hear that your little boys are doing well. I will cross my fingers for you that Noah is able to join you at home soon. Take care and congratulations!

janeybwild
12-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh Norah, congratulations! So happy to hear of the safe arrival of your boys. They are quite the cutey pies. Nathan is the picture of a proud big brother. Think of the fun he'll have when Noah comes home too! Way to go momma.

ktdid74
12-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Congratulations and I hope your little guy comes home soon. Your family is beautiful :)

McQ
12-29-2004, 10:09 AM
All the boys are beautiful. And Nathan is too sweet.

Hope Noah continues to do so well and come home with you soon.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

kensjen
12-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh Norah, those photos are precious! Your babies are beautiful and Nathan looks like such the proud big brother! Too cute. I hope that Noah is able to come home soon. Take care mama, you deserve some rest! I'm hoping you can get some soon.
Enjoy those gorgeous boys!!

amazz
12-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh Norah! While I am sad that you have to leave one of your little guys at the hospital I am so happy that they are both going to be ok!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures. Nathan looks like a VERY proud big brother! I will be praying for you and your family, especially for little Noah to get to come home soon. Eat, Noah, eat!!! :)

Big hugs to you!
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

khakismom
12-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Congratulations Norah!! Your babies are gorgeous (and I love their names), and Nathan looks so proud to be a big brother. Lots of prayers for you and the babies and, esp. for Noah to be home with his family.

Looks like the new year will be wonderful for you!

mamaturk
12-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!!! I hope that you will all be home together very soon!!!

pritchettzoo
12-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Norah, we're thinking of you and your boys. Thank you for sharing the pictures, and please continue with the updates whenever you have a chance!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

deborah_r
12-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Norah,

Thank you for sharing the pictures and your story. I hope Noah can come home soon...that must be so hard for you. Nathan looks like the best big brother ever!!! Noah and Zachary are just beautiful!

Momof3Labs
12-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Congratulations again, Norah!! How are YOU doing? The boys are just precious, and their weights sound awfully good for twins that are a month early - that will definitely help them pull through this.

Sending healing hurry-home thoughts to Noah, and warm fuzzy thoughts to everyone else!

DDowning
12-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Thank you so much for posting Norah. Here's hoping you have your entire family at home soon! Congratulations again!

jamsmu
12-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Norah,

Congrats on the birth of your two cuties (to join the big bro cutie). Enjoy them!! I'll be thinking of you and Noah and hope he picks up the eatting idea soon!!

JLiebCamm
12-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Norah, thanks for sharing your pics. I hope little Noah gets home soon so you can all be together!

StaceyKim
12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Congratulations!
The pictures are wonderful and the boys are beautiful.
I hope Noah comes home soon so you can have your whole family together!

Dcclerk
12-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Congratulations, Norah. All your boys are just gorgeous. And I love all of their names, too!

I really hope that Noah figures that eating thing out soon and that your whole family can be home ASAP.

The pictures of Nathan are just precious; he is clearly a big brother any mom would be proud of.

new_mommy25
12-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Norah, your boys are all so beautiful. How lucky that you were able to bring Zach home for Christmas. And I love Noah's name ;)

calebsmama03
12-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Oh honey -
wishing I was closer and could do more for you!! I'm thinking of and praying for you daily. Congratulations on making it through SO MUCH with this pregnancy!! Here's hoping little Noah is home very soon to join his brothers. Big hugs :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

heidi_timms
12-29-2004, 06:45 PM
What cute babies! We will be keeping little Noah in our thoughts. Hopefully, he can come home soon! Congratulations. I have twin brothers that my Mom had when I was older (her second marriage) and I can't imaging having twins with a toddler in the house!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

marinkitty
12-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Norah - Thanks for the update - I'd been wondering how you all were doing. I hope that little Noah is able to come home soon. All three boys are precious! Congratulations!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

barbarhow
12-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Norah! They are absolutely beautiful! All three of them. Nathan looks so sweet -like the best loving brother. Hope Noah is home with you soon.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

mudder17
12-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Norah, I'm so glad Zach is doing well and Noah is on the mend. Congratulations on making it to the 36 week mark. I know it tears you apart to leave Noah in the NICU and pray for him to be able to come home soon. Nathan sounds like he'll make a great older brother. So neat that he can't wait to hold Zach. :) I love the pictures of him holding his younger brother. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Noah and further progress for Zach. Thanks for sharing the pictures--they're beautiful!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

brigmaman
12-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Congratulations! Zachary and Noah are beautiful! So glad Nathan is loving his new role!