PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Kiss Me mascara?

kristine_elen
12-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't wear much, if any, makeup but my mom and I went to the Bobbi Brown counter to get our eyes done over the holidays and the woman insisted on putting mascara on me. I kind of liked the way it looked, but it was a bit clumpy and flaky and a PITA to get off. The BB woman recommended Kiss Me mascara that forms tubes on your lashes and comes off easily. She said it's what she uses. I've not seen it in real life. Any thoughts? Does it come off easily? Work well? Flake? (I feel kind of guilty even asking about this as people are dealing with issues like tsunamis and war and ...)

Thanks for your help.

kathsmom
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Kristine,

I have never tried the Kiss Me mascara. I do love the Lancome Definicil mascara. It's the best! When the budget gets tight, I get L'Oreal Lash Out mascara (and I also use one of the other L'Oreal mascaras, but can't remember which one).

Good luck!

hwin708
12-30-2004, 03:47 PM
I use it!!
I love this mascara. It is just like tubes around the lashes. All you have to do it get your eyes wet and rub them and it comes off. If you don't, it'll just stay on forever.
It does not flake or smudge at all. I don't really know how to describe it, but it's not like a typical mascara. It's not just like putting "paint" onto your lashes. It's like rubber.
It isn't a very dramatic mascara, so I still use a lengthening type for going out. But for everyday wear, this one can't be beat.

khakismom
12-30-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm intrigued. Where do you get it?

(I've been using mascara from Victoria's Secret and have been pretty happy with it, but am always looking for something better. :))

kristine_elen
12-30-2004, 04:56 PM
It's at http://www.blincinc.com -- I don't know which bricks-and-mortar stores carry it.

psophia17
12-30-2004, 06:32 PM
I like using Maybeline Great Lash (in the pink tube) mascara, when I use it at all. I've had issues with very sensitive eyes, and this is the one that is the least irritating to me. Now I'm going to be on the lookout for Kiss Me, but in the meantime, here's a trick for removing mascara (and all eye makeup). BABY SHAMPOO!!! It takes it all right off, and doesn't sting even if you get it in your eyes. I've only been doing this for a few months, but it's made me actually not mind wearing makeup regularly, which I've never done before.

HTH :)

JMS
12-30-2004, 08:13 PM
IT'S ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE MAKEUP PRODUCTS!!!

Like you were told, and as a PP stated, it is as if you have tiny tubes around your lashes. I am able to get great length without looking like I have mascara caked on (think Tammy Fae). I bought it at a small high end beauty product speciality store after hearing and reading about numerous times but I also think I saw it at my Sephora.

I wear the Brown/Black for what it's worth and I can't say enough how much I love it...

No flaking, clumping... Good Luck!

crayonblue
12-30-2004, 08:15 PM
I second the Baby Shampoo as an eye make-up remover. That's what my opthamologist told me to use. Convenient since I have so much of it around anyway and it is very inexpensive!

StaceyKim
12-30-2004, 08:20 PM
I tried it once and tbhwy I didn't like it very much. I probably will not buy it again. With that being said, you may want to try it and see if you like it. It does come of easily with make-up remover and it is a totally different texture than regular mascara that I have used.

hwin708
12-30-2004, 08:23 PM
I get it at a makeup boutique near me called Makeup 101. There are several other boutiques near me that carry it. I don't think any big stores carry it, though I could be wrong. And I'm certain you can find it many places online.