PDA

View Full Version : very "funny "story because it is SO AWFUL!

lizajane
12-31-2004, 04:14 PM
my neighbor just told me that when she went to her inlaws house one time when her son was at crawling stage, he opened a cabinet in the kitchen (on the floor) and found...

A JAR FULL OF KNIVES!!!!!!!!!!! pointy side UP!!!!!!!!!!

can you imagine???????????

this is the same house where he OPENED THE GUN SAFE WHICH WASN'T LOCKED.

this isn't "funny" it is horrifying. but because it is so absurdly horrific, we got a chuckle out of the whole "inlaw" stereotypes.

i told her that if my son opened the gun safe (but wait, which one! there are TWO) at my inlaws, we would *$^&@ing pack up and leaving and NEVER COME BACK.

barbarhow
12-31-2004, 08:58 PM
OMG! How frightening. Here little boy....fall on this jar of knives. Yikes. Some people have no sense at all.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

californiagirl
12-31-2004, 11:27 PM
We went to Portland to visit friends -- we flew in with 9-month old DD and a friend flew in with her 15-month old DS to stay with her sister and mother. Her mother is a bit odd, in everybody's opinion, and her apartment is vastly un-baby safe (we didn't use the heat in it all the weekend because it's a free-standing woodstove where it can't be fenced off) But there was one low cabinet with OK stuff in it, we thought, until the 15-month old started rattling something that turned out to be a bottle of vitamins. My friend asked what the vitamins were doing in among the tupperware, and her mother said she'd hidden them to keep them away from the baby! My friend was flabbergasted. Her mother also suggested we could take a cab with both babies because a cabbie had told her it was OK, to which my friend said "Great! The cabbie can take his baby out without a car seat whenever he likes. But our babies aren't going."