PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to accomplish in your lifetime?

Corie
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
It may be something significant or it could be something trivial like my desire to take a tap-dance class.

Here are a few of mine!

*Take an adult tap-dance class. I took some classes when I was young and I loved it !! My husband thinks this is totally hysterical. But I am very serious!

*Compete in the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii. This would require me to start exercising though so it won't be happening any time soon.

*Learn how to cross-stitch. I would like to finish all my mom's cross-stitch projects. She passed away over 10 years ago and she had quite a few projects that she did not complete. She would get bored with one and then move on.

*Take a class about the Bible and go through it page by page with a highly qualified instructor in a very relaxed environment. I have never read the Bible and I am very curious. I am intriqued to learn and scared to start by myself.

*Take a cake decorating class. I would love to make my kids birthday cakes!! How fun!

Can't wait to hear what you have to say!!

Corie

Corie
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
It may be something significant or it could be something trivial like my desire to take a tap-dance class.

Here are a few of mine!

*Take an adult tap-dance class. I took some classes when I was young and I loved it !! My husband thinks this is totally hysterical. But I am very serious!

*Compete in the Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii. This would require me to start exercising though so it won't be happening any time soon.

*Learn how to cross-stitch. I would like to finish all my mom's cross-stitch projects. She passed away over 10 years ago and she had quite a few projects that she did not complete. She would get bored with one and then move on.

*Take a class about the Bible and go through it page by page with a highly qualified instructor in a very relaxed environment. I have never read the Bible and I am very curious. I am intriqued to learn and scared to start by myself.

*Take a cake decorating class. I would love to make my kids birthday cakes!! How fun!

Can't wait to hear what you have to say!!

Corie

ktdid74
01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I would love to--

Learn to play the cello
learn to speak Russian
travel to Europe- especially Russia and I'd love to go to Ireland
plant an exquisite garden (I've got 2 brown thumbs...)

I'm sure there are several others but that's the top of the list :)

ktdid74
01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I would love to--

Learn to play the cello
learn to speak Russian
travel to Europe- especially Russia and I'd love to go to Ireland
plant an exquisite garden (I've got 2 brown thumbs...)

I'm sure there are several others but that's the top of the list :)

Saartje
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Nice thread idea, Corie. :)

I would like to:

*Run in a marathon and/or bike in a century (100-mile race). (I'll be working towards this starting in mid-May -- when DS is old enough for the bike trailer/running stroller!)

*Learn to weave. (Santa's recent visit will let me achieve this one soon!)

*Adopt a child.

*Spend an extended time in another country.

*Hike the Appalachian Trail.

*Own my home. (Saving up.)

*Speak a language other than English fluently. (I've formally studied four languages, and informally a few more, but I can't claim fluency in any of them. Katie -- my Russian professor was one of the best I've had. It was a very good experience for me.)

Saartje
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Nice thread idea, Corie. :)

I would like to:

*Run in a marathon and/or bike in a century (100-mile race). (I'll be working towards this starting in mid-May -- when DS is old enough for the bike trailer/running stroller!)

*Learn to weave. (Santa's recent visit will let me achieve this one soon!)

*Adopt a child.

*Spend an extended time in another country.

*Hike the Appalachian Trail.

*Own my home. (Saving up.)

*Speak a language other than English fluently. (I've formally studied four languages, and informally a few more, but I can't claim fluency in any of them. Katie -- my Russian professor was one of the best I've had. It was a very good experience for me.)

kensjen
01-05-2005, 08:23 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day! Part of my new year reflection/goals, etc...
Anyway, here's mine:

*Learn to speak Italian and French fluently.

*Learn to play the piano.

*Be able to knit anything!

*Earn my master's degree

*Become a lactation consultant (IBCLC)

*Finish reading all of the literature classics...and re read some that I read in high school, because I didn't appreciate them then

*Finish, or become up to date on all of my scrapbooks!! (according to what I have done so far, I am not even married yet! LOL)

*Much more travel, there are so many places I want to visit and learn about.

Well, that should keep me busy for awhile! ;) LOL
Good thread!!

kensjen
01-05-2005, 08:23 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day! Part of my new year reflection/goals, etc...
Anyway, here's mine:

*Learn to speak Italian and French fluently.

*Learn to play the piano.

*Be able to knit anything!

*Earn my master's degree

*Become a lactation consultant (IBCLC)

*Finish reading all of the literature classics...and re read some that I read in high school, because I didn't appreciate them then

*Finish, or become up to date on all of my scrapbooks!! (according to what I have done so far, I am not even married yet! LOL)

*Much more travel, there are so many places I want to visit and learn about.

Well, that should keep me busy for awhile! ;) LOL
Good thread!!

mommd
01-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Here are some of mine:

*Finish medical school (halfway there!)

*Open a free medical clinic

*Learn to dance

*Learn how to rock-climb

*Go to Australia (I am terrified of flying, so this will be hard!)

I was just thinking of buying a book "100 places to visit before you die" or something like that, so maybe I'll get more ideas from there!

mommd
01-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Here are some of mine:

*Finish medical school (halfway there!)

*Open a free medical clinic

*Learn to dance

*Learn how to rock-climb

*Go to Australia (I am terrified of flying, so this will be hard!)

I was just thinking of buying a book "100 places to visit before you die" or something like that, so maybe I'll get more ideas from there!

crayonblue
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
* Take a cruise to Alaska with DH's whole family. The whole family part is the tricky part but I think it would be so, so fun.

* Take ethnic cooking classes- Indian, Thai, etc.

* Travel to New Zealand.

* Adopt several children.

* Most of all- I hope that during my lifetime, I am able to lead at least one person to accept Jesus as his/her personal Savior. I hope more than one, but one is my hope for now.

crayonblue
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
* Take a cruise to Alaska with DH's whole family. The whole family part is the tricky part but I think it would be so, so fun.

* Take ethnic cooking classes- Indian, Thai, etc.

* Travel to New Zealand.

* Adopt several children.

* Most of all- I hope that during my lifetime, I am able to lead at least one person to accept Jesus as his/her personal Savior. I hope more than one, but one is my hope for now.

crayonblue
01-05-2005, 09:31 PM
"I was just thinking of buying a book "100 places to visit before you die" or something like that, so maybe I'll get more ideas from there!"

We have this book and it is really interesting!

crayonblue
01-05-2005, 09:31 PM
"I was just thinking of buying a book "100 places to visit before you die" or something like that, so maybe I'll get more ideas from there!"

We have this book and it is really interesting!

nov02mom
01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I would like to:
1- Learn to play the cello
2- Learn a foreign language
3- Spend 6 months in Europe
4- Be a size 2 again....heck even a 4!
5- Become a Lactation Consultant

Kristen

nov02mom
01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I would like to:
1- Learn to play the cello
2- Learn a foreign language
3- Spend 6 months in Europe
4- Be a size 2 again....heck even a 4!
5- Become a Lactation Consultant

Kristen

jbowman
01-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Fun thread! I would love to:

*write a book (I've already written a dissertation, which is a book, but I'd like to write something else)

*travel to India, Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina--I dream of going to these places, especially India!

jbowman
01-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Fun thread! I would love to:

*write a book (I've already written a dissertation, which is a book, but I'd like to write something else)

*travel to India, Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina--I dream of going to these places, especially India!

mykidzmom
01-05-2005, 11:24 PM
This is really a neat thread! Well, here's my list:

1) Learn to speak Spanish fluently. I took Spanish in HS and college, but can't speak fluently. It would be so helpful at work, because we have a lot of Spanish speaking patients.

2) Learn sign language. I've always wanted to learn since I was a little girl.

3) Get in the best shape I have ever been in. I would love to start running, and enjoying it!! I just need to get out there and do it! :)

4) Travel, travel, and travel some more!! I want to go everywhere.

mykidzmom
01-05-2005, 11:24 PM
This is really a neat thread! Well, here's my list:

1) Learn to speak Spanish fluently. I took Spanish in HS and college, but can't speak fluently. It would be so helpful at work, because we have a lot of Spanish speaking patients.

2) Learn sign language. I've always wanted to learn since I was a little girl.

3) Get in the best shape I have ever been in. I would love to start running, and enjoying it!! I just need to get out there and do it! :)

4) Travel, travel, and travel some more!! I want to go everywhere.

barbarhow
01-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Oh this is fun. Some of mine are out there and some are achievable.

*relearn to read music and play the piano

*establish a private psychotherapy practice specializing in treatment of women

*ski the Vallee Blanche at Chamonix..........Aaahhhh I dream about it

*Take cooking lessons in Europe-either at Le Cordon Bleu or somewhere in Italy

*spend my next big birthday with all of my best girlfriends in a villa in Tuscany drinking really great Barbaresco wine and eating and cooking

*raise two happy and healthy children and be able send them off into adulthood happy and ambitious with dreams and desires of their own.

The last is my biggest desire in life. I have spent my adult life wanting to be really great at something. Most of my life I have gotten really good at things I am passionate about-but never achieved "greatness". This could be the one thing that I could be great at. I hope so-for my kids sake.

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

barbarhow
01-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Oh this is fun. Some of mine are out there and some are achievable.

*relearn to read music and play the piano

*establish a private psychotherapy practice specializing in treatment of women

*ski the Vallee Blanche at Chamonix..........Aaahhhh I dream about it

*Take cooking lessons in Europe-either at Le Cordon Bleu or somewhere in Italy

*spend my next big birthday with all of my best girlfriends in a villa in Tuscany drinking really great Barbaresco wine and eating and cooking

*raise two happy and healthy children and be able send them off into adulthood happy and ambitious with dreams and desires of their own.

The last is my biggest desire in life. I have spent my adult life wanting to be really great at something. Most of my life I have gotten really good at things I am passionate about-but never achieved "greatness". This could be the one thing that I could be great at. I hope so-for my kids sake.

expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

Sarah1
01-06-2005, 08:12 AM
*Raise two children to become successful, independent adults

*Travel extensively through Europe

*STAY HEALTHY!

Sarah1
01-06-2005, 08:12 AM
*Raise two children to become successful, independent adults

*Travel extensively through Europe

*STAY HEALTHY!

steph2003
01-06-2005, 08:52 AM
* Figure out what I want to be when I grow up! I feel stagnant/dead end in my current career :(

* Raise at least 2 children to be happy adults & wonderful spouses/partners one day

* Be the best wife & mom I can be

* Learn to successfully breastfeed my 2nd child

* Learn to cook really well

* Give back to my community

* If I were smarter & more science inclined I'd love to go to med school but not do straight western medicine - I'd like to mix homeopathic/alternative medicine & western medicine where appropriate....to treat women's health issues & children too

* Travel, travel, travel - Hawaii, New Zealand, a visit to the Holy Land, & African safari are all dream destinations of mine! Oh & ski the Alps or somewhere equally challenging one day!

steph2003
01-06-2005, 08:52 AM
* Figure out what I want to be when I grow up! I feel stagnant/dead end in my current career :(

* Raise at least 2 children to be happy adults & wonderful spouses/partners one day

* Be the best wife & mom I can be

* Learn to successfully breastfeed my 2nd child

* Learn to cook really well

* Give back to my community

* If I were smarter & more science inclined I'd love to go to med school but not do straight western medicine - I'd like to mix homeopathic/alternative medicine & western medicine where appropriate....to treat women's health issues & children too

* Travel, travel, travel - Hawaii, New Zealand, a visit to the Holy Land, & African safari are all dream destinations of mine! Oh & ski the Alps or somewhere equally challenging one day!

MelissaTC
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
What a fun thread!

Adopt at least 2 children. We are starting the process of adopting a DD from China. DH wants to adopt a DS from the Ukraine in 2007/2008.

I really want to speak Spanish fluently. My Spanish is not that good and I want to really learn it well. You would think all those classes and growing up in a Spanish speaking family would make me fluent but alas, I still conjugate verbs in my head before I speak. :(

I want to take cooking classes. I LOVE to cook and want to learn more about food and wine.

I want to run for a public office. It was always my dream to be an elected official and do good in the world. I am thinking maybe I could serve on the school board or be a Mayor. It could happen!

Travel, travel, travel! I am looking forward to our trip to China in 2006. I also want to go to Australia, Europe, Costa Rica, well, pretty much anywhere!

I want to see the entire US before I die. I need to convice DH to rent some sort of motor home and I want to drive and see all the sights. I think it would be awesome!

I want to spend as much time as possible with DH. I love him to pieces and I look forward to us engaging in more activities and spending quality time. I learn new things about him all the time and I want to support him in his endeavors...

My biggest goal is to raise my children to be the best people they can be, whatever that means for them. I want them to have the best life I can give them and I want to give them the tools to continue with that life and share it with the world.

MelissaTC
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
What a fun thread!

Adopt at least 2 children. We are starting the process of adopting a DD from China. DH wants to adopt a DS from the Ukraine in 2007/2008.

I really want to speak Spanish fluently. My Spanish is not that good and I want to really learn it well. You would think all those classes and growing up in a Spanish speaking family would make me fluent but alas, I still conjugate verbs in my head before I speak. :(

I want to take cooking classes. I LOVE to cook and want to learn more about food and wine.

I want to run for a public office. It was always my dream to be an elected official and do good in the world. I am thinking maybe I could serve on the school board or be a Mayor. It could happen!

Travel, travel, travel! I am looking forward to our trip to China in 2006. I also want to go to Australia, Europe, Costa Rica, well, pretty much anywhere!

I want to see the entire US before I die. I need to convice DH to rent some sort of motor home and I want to drive and see all the sights. I think it would be awesome!

I want to spend as much time as possible with DH. I love him to pieces and I look forward to us engaging in more activities and spending quality time. I learn new things about him all the time and I want to support him in his endeavors...

My biggest goal is to raise my children to be the best people they can be, whatever that means for them. I want them to have the best life I can give them and I want to give them the tools to continue with that life and share it with the world.

KrisM
01-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm still thinking of my list, but I wanted to say you should totally take a tap class. I keep looking for one that I would like. I took classes from age 6 to 22 and love it. Unfortunately, all the adult classes are for beginners or intermediates maybe and I find them very boring and slow.

KrisM
01-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm still thinking of my list, but I wanted to say you should totally take a tap class. I keep looking for one that I would like. I took classes from age 6 to 22 and love it. Unfortunately, all the adult classes are for beginners or intermediates maybe and I find them very boring and slow.

babymama
01-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I *did* one of the things I wanted to do in my life already...I wanted to complete a marathon. And I completed the Austin Motorola marathon in 2001. It was terribly exhausting (6 months of training), and it took me an embarrasingly long time to finish (last person to cross the finish line in my age group)...BUT I DID IT! Wait...I have to tell you that one guy was jumping rope (jump roping?) the entire 26.2 miles and HE finished before I did.

I can only think of 2 other things...

I want to be elected to Congress or (blush) maybe even U.S. Senate. I know I am naive about that goal bc I know it takes a substantial amount of personal wealth to fund a viable campaign (which I don't have) and/or an enormous amount of fundraising (which I don't feel is my strong suit), but looking past all that...it feels good to state publicly that that is my goal.

I want my son (and any future children I may have) to be a caring, gentle, loving, generous, compassionate human being. I want to pass on to him values so that he works to make the world a better place for future generations.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

babymama
01-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I *did* one of the things I wanted to do in my life already...I wanted to complete a marathon. And I completed the Austin Motorola marathon in 2001. It was terribly exhausting (6 months of training), and it took me an embarrasingly long time to finish (last person to cross the finish line in my age group)...BUT I DID IT! Wait...I have to tell you that one guy was jumping rope (jump roping?) the entire 26.2 miles and HE finished before I did.

I can only think of 2 other things...

I want to be elected to Congress or (blush) maybe even U.S. Senate. I know I am naive about that goal bc I know it takes a substantial amount of personal wealth to fund a viable campaign (which I don't have) and/or an enormous amount of fundraising (which I don't feel is my strong suit), but looking past all that...it feels good to state publicly that that is my goal.

I want my son (and any future children I may have) to be a caring, gentle, loving, generous, compassionate human being. I want to pass on to him values so that he works to make the world a better place for future generations.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

JulsL
01-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I would love to :

* Learn to make Fried Apple Pies like my Great Grandmother.

* Take photography classes and start my own small business one day.

* Go to Hawaii

* Be the Best Mother and Wife that I can be !!

Julie

JulsL
01-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I would love to :

* Learn to make Fried Apple Pies like my Great Grandmother.

* Take photography classes and start my own small business one day.

* Go to Hawaii

* Be the Best Mother and Wife that I can be !!

Julie

psophia17
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Have you looked into the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine? I had a friend who went there, and she was most definitely NOT science inclined, but she learned a ton of stuff. Sadly, we've lost touch, but in the meanwhile, maybe they have a location near you :)

psophia17
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Have you looked into the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine? I had a friend who went there, and she was most definitely NOT science inclined, but she learned a ton of stuff. Sadly, we've lost touch, but in the meanwhile, maybe they have a location near you :)

psophia17
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I want to:

Write a book that people really enjoy, and can enjoy for a long time

Finally weigh a good weight for my height, and maintain it

Take ballroom dancing lessons with DH (fat chance!)

Have a braid of hair that hangs down past my behind

Learn more about flowers and flower-arranging, I can't grow them, but they're so beautiful I'd love to work with them!

Have 4 children - natural or adopted, whatever

Maybe become a foster parent - I think this may be my calling

Figure out if the personal faith that I have can be translated into an actual religion that I can practice with a community and with DH's support

psophia17
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I want to:

Write a book that people really enjoy, and can enjoy for a long time

Finally weigh a good weight for my height, and maintain it

Take ballroom dancing lessons with DH (fat chance!)

Have a braid of hair that hangs down past my behind

Learn more about flowers and flower-arranging, I can't grow them, but they're so beautiful I'd love to work with them!

Have 4 children - natural or adopted, whatever

Maybe become a foster parent - I think this may be my calling

Figure out if the personal faith that I have can be translated into an actual religion that I can practice with a community and with DH's support

Corie
01-08-2005, 05:23 PM
I wish that I had someone to take the class with me!! It would be more fun to have a friend to laugh with! :)

Corie

Corie
I wish that I had someone to take the class with me!! It would be more fun to have a friend to laugh with! :)

Corie

Corie

Corie

Corie
01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
After reading Nancy's (BaileyBea) post regarding her "Me" list, I thought I would
revive a very old thread of mine.

Everyone needs to have their very own "Me" list. I made my list over 2 years
ago when I started this thread.

Add your list too!!

aliceinwonderland
01-11-2007, 10:06 PM
D'uh!

Edited, this thread is over 2 yrs old. I hate when that happens!

BaileyBea
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey Corie.. this is great.

I guess if I am looking long term in my lifetime and I wanted to post things that i want to do other than mold two wonderful, balanced, kind children who care about Mother Earth... Here's my long term list:

1) Take Cello lessons (Because I love YoYo Ma and I want to be like him)
2) Go to France
3) Go to Sommiers / wine tasting school
4) Learn to paint (even if the painting is really awful. I just need to try)
5) Learn to sculpt
6) Grow old and wear a big straw hat while I tend to my fabulous garden
7) Learn how to weld and use a blow torch so i can make cool outdoor metal sculptures.
8) Drink Lemoncello's while looking at Lake Como in Italy
9) Write an article for NPR/Latino USA
10) Grow old with my husband and still hold hands (especially while drinking lemoncellos overlooking Lake Como ;-) )

I love the arts......

Nancy

bisous
01-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd like to get my doctorate. I have one semester left for my Masters and I know that I cannot hack being in a PhD program right now but before I die I want that doctorate!

This sounds absolutely ridiculous but I quit ballet when I was young right before going "en pointe". I'd love to actually be able to go "en pointe". How ridiculous is the thought of a 30 year old beginner ballerina but I truly, truly love ballet. Maybe I'll pick up ballet after I get my M.A.

I'd like to figure out how to make a difference in the world. I spend a lot of time wishing I did something substantially and very little time actually doing anything. I like the idea of working with orphans that Aliceinwonderland just posted. If you find a great organization--let us all know!

That's all I can think of for now but I really enjoy the responses!

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
*lose and keep off that final 10lbs

*live abroad for at least 6 months

*learn Italian

*figure out what I really want to do with my life career wise and make it happen

*find a good recipe for brownies (my ideal brownie is like one of those mainstream mixes but I want something really homemade. I have tried dozens of recipes to no avail so far)

*I too would like to take a cake decorating class. I am great at making cakes that use props (teddy grahms, candies...) for decorating but I am terrible at frosting. I have made some great cakes despite that deficiency though out of Family Circle and Family Fun.

Beth

Corie- I joined up with an adult tap class and it has been so much fun. I have been to 2 schools since I left colleges. The 1st took it way too seriously but was a really good class (challenged me). After that I found a class that was me and 4 65+ plus seniors. It was so much fun but not very challenging. Go tap! It is great!! :)

denna
01-12-2007, 02:11 AM
These are always so tough for me to think of off the top of my head:

*Finish my degree (if I can ever get back to the US)
-use that degree to get a great *kid* friendly job

*Travel more
-Greece
-Ireland
-London
-Paris
-Moscow, St. Petersburg
-Chezch Republic
-Spain
-Africa (Egypt)
-Australia
-Japan
-Guam, Hawaii, or other Pacific islands

*Learn to speak Italian (since Ive been living here for almost 2 years and I have 20 more months to go)

*Learn to speak another foreign language *fluently

*Learn to play the guitar

*Own our own home (preferably in California (bay area) or in IL (Chicago area)

*Open our own restraunt/bar

*Have 2-3 more DCs and be able to stay at home w/ them before they start school and hopefully during summer vacations.

I cant really think of any more of the top of my head, but that is part of it.

Great Thread,

JoyNChrist
01-12-2007, 02:24 AM
It's not ridiculous - I too quit ballet about a year before I would have gone en pointe, and I've always dreamed about going back to it. I didn't realize I missed it so much until I watched that show "Center Stage" a few years ago, and ever since then I've been thinking about taking classes again.

Now, squeezing myself into a leotard is another matter altogether...:P

JoyNChrist
01-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Great thread!

*Stay happily married. I know that sounds really simple, but I want to be one of those couples who still holds hands at 60, ya know?

*Do at least one Peace Corps assignment when we retire.

*Learn to play piano (I can already read music, so this shouldn't be too hard to actually accomplish).

*Have my writing published somewhere (I don't care if it's a 5-line poem in a Reader's Digest, I just want to see my name in print).

*Raise happy, kind children (6 if I get my way, although DH says I might have to settle for 4).

karolyp
01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Corie - I think this is a great thread and am glad you revived it.

Here's some of mine:

Learn to speak Arabic fluently as that's my husband's native language

Learn how to fly

Get back into horseback riding and perhaps one day own a horse and a barn!

pittsburghgirl
01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
*Lose the weight, get in shape and compete in a triathlon. Any triathlon will do, I just want to say I managed to run and bike any sort of distance (swimming I have down.)

*Become a yoga instructor

*Travel to Australia, Africa, and South America so I can say I've been to almost all of the continents. (My mom did that before being diagnosed with ALS and I would love to do the same someday.)

*Find a new career that can be the rest of my life's work. The first two I have had just aren't it.

*Raise my son to be a loving, responsible adult. Some days I despair of being able to accomplish this but I keep trying every day.

*Continue to try to be a better partner to my DH so we can grow old together.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
1. When I wake up in the night needing to go to the bathroom I would like to be smart enough to just get up and do it and not lie there forever telling myself "Oh, just go back to sleep, you can hold it til morning".

2. Go one day with no talk of poop in my house
Dog poop " The dog pooped in the back hall again"
DH poop " Wouldn't go in there if I were you (bathroom)" Yes honey after 8 years I get it.
Any kid poop.

3. I would like the paint in my house to look nice again someday.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

Corie
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Susan,

What big dreams you have! :)

Good Luck!!

trumansmom
01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Well shoot, I think I did it today! I can officially chicken dance and drive a minivan at the same time. What more could I hope to accomplish? :P

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Corie
01-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I revived this old thread with all the talk asking if you are happy with your life.

So, please repost your responses! I actually saw them last night and I was going
to respond to them.

I especially liked your goal about wanting to remain "hot". :) I'm sure my husband
would like it if I had this goal too!!

Corie
01-12-2007, 02:36 PM
doublepost

wencit
01-12-2007, 03:55 PM
"Center Stage" is one of my favorite movies, and watching it actually inspired to fulfill one of my goals and take a ballet class. I loved the class, but it made me realize that I am not an elegant person by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

wencit
01-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Here are a few of my goals, in no particular order:

1. Return to Paris for a "Nothing But Eating And Shopping Vacation." No sites, no museums, nothing but stuffing my face with delicious food and browsing through the department stores for food to bring home with me, LOL!

2. Fit back into my "skinny jeans" one day. (Probably not until after my Paris trip, hahaha!)

3. Have one more child.

4. Raise DS and possible future child to be loving, successful, happy, healthy, well-adjusted adults.

5. Keep myself and DH alive & healthy to dance at our childrens' weddings (if they so choose to get married, of course).

6. Finish the cross-stitching project before my sister gets married. It is a Thomas Kinkade portrait of a warm, inviting home, and my intent is to give it to her and her future husband when they get married as a wedding gift. Well, she is still single and dating, so I have a few years. (I knew it was going to take me a while to finish!)

ETA: P.S. Corie, if I ever find myself in RI, I'll look you up and give you those cross-stitching lessons! :)

MartiesMom2B
01-12-2007, 04:43 PM
I've never been to Paris before, but can I go with you on your trip? It sounds heavenly.

I also agree with #2 & #3 &#5

I also hope to become a moderator of the BBB and create world peace. Just joking. But I would like to:

-Get this kid out of me soon.
-Travel the world
-Run a marathon
-Be one of those funny old ladies who just don't give a damn anymore

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie
& Li'l Girl Bunny to come Feb. 2007
http://bd.lilypie.com/Kchhm4/.png (http://lilypie.com)

candybomiller
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Sonia,

No joking about my dream! I want to be a mod!! And I'm going to work on it every single day until my dreams come true.

Just a warning to the current mods. ;)

wencit
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
>I've never been to Paris before, but can I go with you on
>your trip? It sounds heavenly.

Oui oui! The more, the merrier! BBB 2008 retreat, perhaps? ;)

Corie
01-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Beth,

I would so join your tap class! I took a little bit of tap when I was growing up
and I am always in the kitchen in my socks doing my moves. I've got Carson
doing them too!

I really need a pair of tap shoes for everyday wear! Now, that would be fun!
Can you imagine me tapping my way through Target?? I think my husband would
divorce me! :)

heytootsy
01-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Learn to play the piano(we just inherited a player piano my Great Grandfather built while working for a company)

Speak fluent Italian

Teach yoga to adults and kids

Travel (Japan, India, Cambodia, Nepal, New Zealand, Egypt, etc...)

Allow my kiddos to attend any college they choose w/o having to worry about paying for it

Join the peace corps

Change someones life for the better

Maybe someday take over my Mom's flower shop and create a "you pick" tulip garden in the back.

Finish my Masters degree in Art History and possibly finish Interior Architecture degree.

SnuggleBuggles
01-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I catch myself doing flaps all the time when waiting in line at stores and such. I'm sure people think I am weird. :)

Your dh would probably just pretend he doesn't know you. :) Mine just ignores it but maybe by this point he doesn't even notice anymore.

I hope you find a good class someday!

Beth

barbarhow
01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
So as I am reading the thread thinking, "Hey we had a thread like this in the past but I'll answer again anyway." I started to build my list in my head. Scrolling down I come to a list that lists my dreams-ACK! and it has a picture of my kids on it! Yikes.
My dreams are all the same with the exception of the private therapy practice-that is up and running strong! Still dreaming of the Vallee Blanche. Couple more years for that one.
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

bisous
01-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, I LOVE that movie too and I absolutely love ballet. True, I'm not the queen of grace but honestly during the class I have the best time. I'm looking forward to finishing my Masters so I can take a class again. Incidentally in case anyone else has aspirations to take ballet as an adult I cannot recommend highly enough taking community college ballet classes. For sixteen weeks of 3 hour lessons it cost me a whopping $34. I was concerned that I'd be in a class of lithe 18 year olds and there were some but about half of my class was considerably "older" and like me, less graceful.

elliput
01-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Too funny! I was just thinking I don't remember seeing this thread before and checked out the post date. DOH! I was a bit pre-occupied and had no internet access- in L&D. LOL!