PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Web hosting that's cheap/free? (For family photos.)

kristine_elen
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
We were using iVillage for a free Web site and place to post photos of Jack for out-of-town family. They shut down and moved it to Lycos, and that is not working for me.

Can anyone recommend a good site that's cheap or free? We have an iMac and I tried the trial of Mac's Web site and I can not figure it out, which is weird because ususally I find Mac stuff very user friendly.

(The board's search mechanism is not working for me, so I don't know if this has been posted before.)

Thanks!

kristine_elen
We were using iVillage for a free Web site and place to post photos of Jack for out-of-town family. They shut down and moved it to Lycos, and that is not working for me.

Can anyone recommend a good site that's cheap or free? We have an iMac and I tried the trial of Mac's Web site and I can not figure it out, which is weird because ususally I find Mac stuff very user friendly.

(The board's search mechanism is not working for me, so I don't know if this has been posted before.)

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

kristine_elen

Thanks!

tny915
03-09-2005, 06:24 PM
If you're looking for a standard build-a-site web hosting service, a friend of mine uses this.
http://www.doteasy.com/index.cfm?A=neeray
Being html-illiterate myself, I know nothing about how this works, but she's quite pleased with it.

I use www.funtigo.com for DD's photo scrapbook. It's more of a site for people like me who don't know how to build websites -- everything's pretty much click-and-drag. You do have the option of adding in some html, e.g. putting in a lilypie ticker, which is as advanced as it gets for me. Anyway, for just a couple bucks a month, I can upload up to 700 pictures onto their servers, choose backgrounds and music for web pages, add clipart and text boxes, and resize photos directly on the web page. I have hit counters and visitor counters for each web page and can add guestbook pages as well. This is DD's site: [DELETED]
They offer a free service as well with a lower photo limit and less functionality, but I can't recall the specifics on the differences between the free and the pay service.

tny915
If you're looking for a standard build-a-site web hosting service, a friend of mine uses this.
Being html-illiterate myself, I know nothing about how this works, but she's quite pleased with it.

I use www.funtigo.com for DD's photo scrapbook. It's more of a site for people like me who don't know how to build websites -- everything's pretty much click-and-drag. You do have the option of adding in some html, e.g. putting in a lilypie ticker, which is as advanced as it gets for me. Anyway, for just a couple bucks a month, I can upload up to 700 pictures onto their servers, choose backgrounds and music for web pages, add clipart and text boxes, and resize photos directly on the web page. I have hit counters and visitor counters for each web page and can add guestbook pages as well. This is DD's site: [DELETED]
They offer a free service as well with a lower photo limit and less functionality, but I can't recall the specifics on the differences between the free and the pay service.

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

kristine_elen
03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info and oh, my, your daughter is SO cute. I love that photo of her on the bouncy seat with the bandaids.

kristine_elen
Thanks for the info and oh, my, your daughter is SO cute. I love that photo of her on the bouncy seat with the bandaids.

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

Sarah1
03-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Kristine, you might try http:\\www.zoomshare.com. This is the company we have our website through.

You can get your own family website to post pictures on--and it's free. Not sure if it's Mac compatible, though...you'd have to check on that.

Good luck :)

Sarah1
Kristine, you might try http:\\www.zoomshare.com. This is the company we have our website through.

You can get your own family website to post pictures on--and it's free. Not sure if it's Mac compatible, though...you'd have to check on that.

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

Sarah1

kristine_elen
03-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Zoomshare was exactly what I had in mind. Not Mac compatible, though. Shoot! Thanks for the suggestion.

kristine_elen
Zoomshare was exactly what I had in mind. Not Mac compatible, though. Shoot! Thanks for the suggestion.

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen