PDA

View Full Version : My best friend stars in an Orkin commercial! Please watch for it.

american_mama
03-12-2005, 02:43 AM
duplicate post

american_mama
I hope you can all be my eyes and ears for me. My best friend, a professional actress, is starring in a commercial on cable for pest control. Please tell me if you see it, tell me if you think she does a good job, if it's funny, etc.

The commercial is currently airing only on cable. I know it's on TNT, for instance. She plays a mom, the pest control man is working in the background, and the dialogue is a joke or two related to not being able to hear because of her noisy son.

If you're interested, the commecial was shot in a real family's house. The production company paid the family to move out for 2 days, took extensive photos of the house, moved and removed what was necessary to shoot, and then replaced everything according to the photos. My friend said this is commonly done. I guess it's not worth their while to build set after set. Fascinating!

american_mama
duplicate post

american_mama
duplicate post

american_mama
duplicate post

american_mama
duplicate post

american_mama
duplicate psot

american_mama
duplicat psot

american_mama
duplicate psot

american_mama
duplicate psot

american_mama
duplicatet psot

american_mama
duplicdaete post

kathsmom
03-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I have seen it and think it's really cute! She did a great job!

That's interesting that they used a real home. I always thought they just used sets. I guess it makes more sense to pay someone to use their house than to build a set for one commercial.

kathsmom

That's interesting that they used a real home. I always thought they just used sets. I guess it makes more sense to pay someone to use their house than to build a set for one commercial.

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

kathsmom

american_mama
03-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks for telling me you saw it. My friend began her career as a singer and musical theater actress, but made the switch to more pure acting, so I really want to pass on compliments for her new direction.

american_mama
Thanks for telling me you saw it. My friend began her career as a singer and musical theater actress, but made the switch to more pure acting, so I really want to pass on compliments for her new direction.

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama

american_mama