PDA

View Full Version : Need a florist recommendation for NW Atlanta suburbs

KBecks
03-25-2005, 09:53 AM
I am sending flowers to my birth mother (who I recently found and connected with) for my birthday in early April. Would like the flowers to be special, and need a good florist recommendation.

If anyone knows a good florist in the NW Atlanta suburbs, please let me know. My birth mom lives in Powder Springs.

Or, if you know of a very good national service, let me know. I am a little hesitant to purchase flowers without a good recommendation.

Thanks!

KBecks
I am sending flowers to my birth mother (who I recently found and connected with) for my birthday in early April. Would like the flowers to be special, and need a good florist recommendation.

If anyone knows a good florist in the NW Atlanta suburbs, please let me know. My birth mom lives in Powder Springs.

Or, if you know of a very good national service, let me know. I am a little hesitant to purchase flowers without a good recommendation.

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

KBecks

Thanks!

DebbieJ
03-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I have always had very good luck with ProFlowers.com. We sent my MIL some roses for her birthday and she said they were the most beautiful flowers she had ever received. DH's Grandma said the same thing.

They often have deals for a free vase. Go to their site and sign up to receive emails and you'll be getting those special offers in no time.

~ deb
DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

DebbieJ
I have always had very good luck with ProFlowers.com. We sent my MIL some roses for her birthday and she said they were the most beautiful flowers she had ever received. DH's Grandma said the same thing.

They often have deals for a free vase. Go to their site and sign up to receive emails and you'll be getting those special offers in no time.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS 12/03

alkagift
03-25-2005, 11:38 AM
My husband always sends me flowers from Carithers. They are located in the north Midtown (sort of) area, but have delivered to Alpharetta for me before, so they deliver all around the metro area. They also have locations in Marietta which is closer to you, but I've not been to those locations. They aren't cheap but are very dramatic (if you tell them what you want) and are really gorgeous.

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

alkagift
My husband always sends me flowers from Carithers. They are located in the north Midtown (sort of) area, but have delivered to Alpharetta for me before, so they deliver all around the metro area. They also have locations in Marietta which is closer to you, but I've not been to those locations. They aren't cheap but are very dramatic (if you tell them what you want) and are really gorgeous.

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

alkagift

www.carithersflowers.com

Allison

KBecks
03-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Thank you, that sounds just like the type of place I'd like to work with. I live in Wisconsin, never been to Georgia... thanks for your help!

P.S. How great that your DH works with a great florist!

KBecks
Thank you, that sounds just like the type of place I'd like to work with. I live in Wisconsin, never been to Georgia... thanks for your help!

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

KBecks

pritchettzoo
03-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I was going to say Carithers too. Looking at their website, wow--they've fancied up! They've been a family-owned business forever. I believe the Marietta (close to your mom) was the original location, but I could be off. I've never seen an individual arrangements (only weddings and funerals), but everyone raves about them.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

pritchettzoo
I was going to say Carithers too. Looking at their website, wow--they've fancied up! They've been a family-owned business forever. I believe the Marietta (close to your mom) was the original location, but I could be off. I've never seen an individual arrangements (only weddings and funerals), but everyone raves about them.

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

alkagift
03-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I know, isn't it funny about men? DH is SOO horrible about jewelry--has the most atrocious taste. But flowers he does very much right!

Allison

alkagift
I know, isn't it funny about men? DH is SOO horrible about jewelry--has the most atrocious taste. But flowers he does very much right!

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

pritchettzoo
03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Allison, if you ever want me to take DH jewelry shopping, LMK. ;)

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

pritchettzoo

Anna

phirey
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I'll be the lone dissenting opinion about Carithers. Carithers is the "right" place to do weddings around here, so my best friend picked them to do her wedding. Problem was, her flower budget was "ONLY" $3000 in 1995. They gave her a lot of attitude about such a small budget -- said they couldn't do a wedding for that. Still, she stuck with them and when we all showed up on the wedding day (early September), the flowers wre browned and many were crushed. The representative from Carithers who was there to set up couldn't understand what we were all upset about -- even made a comment that "you get what you pay for!"

A second example is less dramatic. The first birthday of mine that DH and I were dating, he ordered flowers from there, not even knowing their reputation -- they were just down the road from my old place. The flowers were pretty enough, and fresh, but the bouquet was small -- maybe 10-15 stems. I thought it was sweet until I inadvertantly learned that he's paid well over $100. I still though it was sweet, just that the poor guy's been taken.

Soooooo, my recommendation is for the florist I used for my wedding. Foxgloves & Ivy worked with me so much when our flower plans had to change 3 weeks before the wedding -- can't say enough about them. I will say their website doesn't do them justice but if you call Greg or Larry, they'll really work with you!

http://www.foxgloves.biz/philosophy.html

HTH

phirey
I'll be the lone dissenting opinion about Carithers. Carithers is the "right" place to do weddings around here, so my best friend picked them to do her wedding. Problem was, her flower budget was "ONLY" $3000 in 1995. They gave her a lot of attitude about such a small budget -- said they couldn't do a wedding for that. Still, she stuck with them and when we all showed up on the wedding day (early September), the flowers wre browned and many were crushed. The representative from Carithers who was there to set up couldn't understand what we were all upset about -- even made a comment that "you get what you pay for!"

A second example is less dramatic. The first birthday of mine that DH and I were dating, he ordered flowers from there, not even knowing their reputation -- they were just down the road from my old place. The flowers were pretty enough, and fresh, but the bouquet was small -- maybe 10-15 stems. I thought it was sweet until I inadvertantly learned that he's paid well over $100. I still though it was sweet, just that the poor guy's been taken.

Soooooo, my recommendation is for the florist I used for my wedding. Foxgloves & Ivy worked with me so much when our flower plans had to change 3 weeks before the wedding -- can't say enough about them. I will say their website doesn't do them justice but if you call Greg or Larry, they'll really work with you!

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

phirey

HTH

HGraceMom
12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Any alpharetta-specific florists? Foxgloves & Ivey looks like what I'm searching for (non-FTD type arrangement!) but the delivery charge would be 30% of my budget for this gift!