PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at the retreat - BBQ and Balloons (pics included).

Pages : [1] 2 3

papal
05-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I am taking a break at home before meeting up with the remaining retreaters at Neve's parents place this evening.
I thought I would post pics from yesterday.
Saturday we had a BBQ in the afternoon. Allison (McQ) was the principal organizer and did a fabulous job along with all her helpers who grilled, brought sidedishes and desserts and plates and everything else.

We had at leat 30 families at the BBQ and it was a gorgeous day. I hope someone can come up with a better description but it was so awesome meeting everyone IRL... you know? I mean, I felt like i KNEW everyone already, but to be able to see them and talk to them and give them a hug was just fabulous.

Later the same afternoon, Cindy (cinrein) organized a balloon release to remember precious baby Leah. A way for all of us to come together and say farewell. Thank you Beth, Adam and Sarah for coming.. honestly, this was the most 'central' thing in the retreat for me. It just brought home the fact, that regardless of our differences, we are all the same, we are a community and we are all moms and dads and our children are what brings us together.. not our 'stuff' or our parenting styles. We formed a large circle and read out a poem together and then we all released our white balloons and cried. I am getting a lump in my throat as I type this.. so let me end for now and share some pictures.

papal
Hi everyone,
I am taking a break at home before meeting up with the remaining retreaters at Neve's parents place this evening.
Saturday we had a BBQ in the afternoon. Allison (McQ) was the principal organizer and did a fabulous job along with all her helpers who grilled, brought sidedishes and desserts and plates and everything else.

We had at leat 30 families at the BBQ and it was a gorgeous day. I hope someone can come up with a better description but it was so awesome meeting everyone IRL... you know? I mean, I felt like i KNEW everyone already, but to be able to see them and talk to them and give them a hug was just fabulous.

Later the same afternoon, Cindy (cinrein) organized a balloon release to remember precious baby Leah. A way for all of us to come together and say farewell. Thank you Beth, Adam and Sarah for coming.. honestly, this was the most 'central' thing in the retreat for me. It just brought home the fact, that regardless of our differences, we are all the same, we are a community and we are all moms and dads and our children are what brings us together.. not our 'stuff' or our parenting styles. We formed a large circle and read out a poem together and then we all released our white balloons and cried. I am getting a lump in my throat as I type this.. so let me end for now and share some pictures.

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

papal
Hi everyone,

rrosen
05-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures. The BBB children are honestly among the most beautiful (and well dressed) I have ever seen. And the mamas are gorgeous too.

Wish I could have been there in person but, thank you for sharing this piece of the retreat with me.

rrosen
Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful pictures. The BBB children are honestly among the most beautiful (and well dressed) I have ever seen. And the mamas are gorgeous too.

Wish I could have been there in person but, thank you for sharing this piece of the retreat with me.

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

rrosen

lmintzer
05-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Wow, Rashmi. Thank you for taking the time to share all of this. What a beautiful way to remember Leah together. I hope it was helpful and felt comforting to Beth, Adam, and Sarah as well.

I so wish I could be there. I made such a brief "appearance" at the Chicago retreat, but I am smiling seeing the faces: Trish and Brig, Candy and Matt, Jamie and Kayla, Pam (with a different little one this time--she's so cute).

Maybe next year . . .

You ladies are wonderful! I hope you're having lots of fun.

lmintzer
Wow, Rashmi. Thank you for taking the time to share all of this. What a beautiful way to remember Leah together. I hope it was helpful and felt comforting to Beth, Adam, and Sarah as well.

I so wish I could be there. I made such a brief "appearance" at the Chicago retreat, but I am smiling seeing the faces: Trish and Brig, Candy and Matt, Jamie and Kayla, Pam (with a different little one this time--she's so cute).

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

lmintzer

Maybe next year . . .

new_mommy25
05-15-2005, 02:03 PM
It looks like you all had a awesome time. I love seeing pictures and puting names to faces.

new_mommy25
It looks like you all had a awesome time. I love seeing pictures and puting names to faces.

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

new_mommy25

jec2
05-15-2005, 02:05 PM
thanks for sharing the pics rashmi! It is so great to see these lovely faces :)

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

LD92599
05-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Rashmi:

Thanks so much for sharing the multitude of photos! It looks like everyone had a super time & we're sorry we couldn't be there - hopefully next year!

It's so wonderful to put faces to screen names!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

LD92599
Rashmi:

Thanks so much for sharing the multitude of photos! It looks like everyone had a super time & we're sorry we couldn't be there - hopefully next year!

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

LD92599
Rashmi:

Laura
mom to William

billysmommy
05-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Rashmi,
Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks like everyone is having a great time :)

billysmommy
Rashmi,
Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks like everyone is having a great time :)

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

billysmommy
Rashmi,

amp
05-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Rashmi - Thanks for taking time to post the pics, as well as to do such a great job putting all the names on them. I felt like I was just staring at each picture, trying to remember everyone's faces! I so wish I was there this year! The balloon release sounds like a wonderful tribute to baby Leah. I'm so glad that you guys did that!

amp
Rashmi - Thanks for taking time to post the pics, as well as to do such a great job putting all the names on them. I felt like I was just staring at each picture, trying to remember everyone's faces! I so wish I was there this year! The balloon release sounds like a wonderful tribute to baby Leah. I'm so glad that you guys did that!

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

COElizabeth
05-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks for sharing, Rashmi! Looks like so much fun.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

COElizabeth

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

jamsmu
05-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us, Rashmi. What a wonderful community. I'm touched.

jamsmu
Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us, Rashmi. What a wonderful community. I'm touched.

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

jamsmu

Corie
05-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Rashmi,

Thank you so much for sharing all those great pictures! :)
I love being able to put the name to the face!
Wish I could have been there!

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

Corie
Rashmi,

Corie

laretce6
05-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Rashmi, thanks so much for sharing in such detail for those of us who couldn't make it this year.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

laretce6
Rashmi, thanks so much for sharing in such detail for those of us who couldn't make it this year.

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline