PDA

View Full Version : Help, dog burn stains on the lawn! How do I fix the lawn?

heidi_timms
05-29-2005, 02:53 AM
My large doggies potty on our lawn and it's getting the yellow stains and in some spots the grass has died. Last year, we got a recommendation from our neighbor's gardener (we use a different service) to feed our dogs garlic pills. It has helped, but I was hoping that now the snow has melted, that the burn stains from last year would be gone. So the damage is done, does anyone know how I can fix the lawn to make it look better???

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms
My large doggies potty on our lawn and it's getting the yellow stains and in some spots the grass has died. Last year, we got a recommendation from our neighbor's gardener (we use a different service) to feed our dogs garlic pills. It has helped, but I was hoping that now the snow has melted, that the burn stains from last year would be gone. So the damage is done, does anyone know how I can fix the lawn to make it look better???

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidis2girls
05-29-2005, 06:42 AM
Heidi, I have no idea how you can fix the lawn, but I wanted to tell you what my dad does. They have an English Setter and when my dad sees her pee on the lawn he goes out and puts water on it! It's pretty funny to see him walk out with the watering can and water the area! It has helped, though, supposedly it dilutes the urine so it doesn't burn the grass. Of course, my dad is retired and they only have one dog, you have a toddler and it sounds like more than one dog so it would be harder for you to do. He doesn't do this every time she goes, it's not like he is following her or anything! :-)

I hope you find a solution!

heidis2girls
Heidi, I have no idea how you can fix the lawn, but I wanted to tell you what my dad does. They have an English Setter and when my dad sees her pee on the lawn he goes out and puts water on it! It's pretty funny to see him walk out with the watering can and water the area! It has helped, though, supposedly it dilutes the urine so it doesn't burn the grass. Of course, my dad is retired and they only have one dog, you have a toddler and it sounds like more than one dog so it would be harder for you to do. He doesn't do this every time she goes, it's not like he is following her or anything! :-)

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

heidis2girls

kensjen
05-29-2005, 10:54 AM
My DH just did the patch job last weekend. He reseeds the area and covers it with this special stuff (?? LOL) and it is already growing back. I have never heard about the garlic pills, may have to try that. Although, my dogs are little and it takes a long time and a lot of peeing in the same spot to leave a mark.

kensjen
My DH just did the patch job last weekend. He reseeds the area and covers it with this special stuff (?? LOL) and it is already growing back. I have never heard about the garlic pills, may have to try that. Although, my dogs are little and it takes a long time and a lot of peeing in the same spot to leave a mark.

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

kensjen

heidi_timms
05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks ladies! LOL on rinsing it off. I take the dogs out when DD is sleeping and I'm not much of a "yard" person. I'm sure it would work if I was diligent enough!

I will try and maybe dig the areas up and reseed? Our poor lawn looks soooo bad!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms
Thanks ladies! LOL on rinsing it off. I take the dogs out when DD is sleeping and I'm not much of a "yard" person. I'm sure it would work if I was diligent enough!

I will try and maybe dig the areas up and reseed? Our poor lawn looks soooo bad!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
I forgot where I heard this and evidently the burns are from female dogs if I remember correctly...
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
I forgot where I heard this and evidently the burns are from female dogs if I remember correctly...
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve