PDA

View Full Version : Does your child play on restaurant playgrounds?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LucyG
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
We are at the age where DD notices and wants to play on the playgrounds at fast food restaurants. We don't eat at these types of places often, but were at Chick-Fil-A yesterday with some friends. I noticed, for the first time, just how gross the playground really was. Maybe it was the particular restaurant, but I realized that I really didn't want her to play on the play structures at all. They seemed safe enough, but very dirty. So, I was just wondering how others feel about restaurant playgrounds, and whether or not you allow your child to play on them. Thanks!

LucyG
We are at the age where DD notices and wants to play on the playgrounds at fast food restaurants. We don't eat at these types of places often, but were at Chick-Fil-A yesterday with some friends. I noticed, for the first time, just how gross the playground really was. Maybe it was the particular restaurant, but I realized that I really didn't want her to play on the play structures at all. They seemed safe enough, but very dirty. So, I was just wondering how others feel about restaurant playgrounds, and whether or not you allow your child to play on them. Thanks!

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

LucyG

wagner36
06-01-2005, 01:06 PM
We drive past a McDonald's with a playland pretty often, and the last time we did, Charlie yelled out "Mama, dog house" from the backseat, while pointing at the restaurant. DH confessed - apparently he has been so scared that Charlie was going to beg him to take him there every day (he's a SAHD, and they drive/walk past it fairly often), he told him it was a special house for dogs. Oh boy, is he going to regret that one when Charlie realizes it is for kids!

wagner36
We drive past a McDonald's with a playland pretty often, and the last time we did, Charlie yelled out "Mama, dog house" from the backseat, while pointing at the restaurant. DH confessed - apparently he has been so scared that Charlie was going to beg him to take him there every day (he's a SAHD, and they drive/walk past it fairly often), he told him it was a special house for dogs. Oh boy, is he going to regret that one when Charlie realizes it is for kids!

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

wagner36

LucyG
06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
LOL! That reminds me of a friend of mine, who told her then-toddler daughter that Toys R Us was only open at Christmas. Unfortunately, the grandparents didn't get the memo on that one, and took the child to TRU at a non-holiday time! Boy, was my friend upset that she'd been busted!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

LucyG
LOL! That reminds me of a friend of mine, who told her then-toddler daughter that Toys R Us was only open at Christmas. Unfortunately, the grandparents didn't get the memo on that one, and took the child to TRU at a non-holiday time! Boy, was my friend upset that she'd been busted!

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

LucyG

2 years and counting!

kristine_elen
06-01-2005, 01:40 PM
We never eat at fast-food restaurants, so I hadn't given this much thought until I saw "Supersize Me" -- the documentary where the guy eats nothing but McDonald's for a month and his docs tell him to stop or he might die.

He points out how the fast-food places, especially McDonald's, try to indoctrinate kids at an early age and it just gave me the creeps. Even when Jack watches Sesame Street on PBS, I try to distract him when the picture of Ronald McDonald comes on during the sponsor spot.

kristine_elen
We never eat at fast-food restaurants, so I hadn't given this much thought until I saw "Supersize Me" -- the documentary where the guy eats nothing but McDonald's for a month and his docs tell him to stop or he might die.

He points out how the fast-food places, especially McDonald's, try to indoctrinate kids at an early age and it just gave me the creeps. Even when Jack watches Sesame Street on PBS, I try to distract him when the picture of Ronald McDonald comes on during the sponsor spot.

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

amp
06-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, I did once, but DS crawled up into the tunnel, and promptly screamed for me to come and get him. Thank goodness he was still in a place where I, the big huge mama, could still get to him. I can't imagine my fat self trying to climb any further into one of those contraptions (especially with an audience) than I did that day. We just avoid them as best we can. Plus, my fav fast food is Wendy's or Taco Bell. No play areas at those!

amp
Well, I did once, but DS crawled up into the tunnel, and promptly screamed for me to come and get him. Thank goodness he was still in a place where I, the big huge mama, could still get to him. I can't imagine my fat self trying to climb any further into one of those contraptions (especially with an audience) than I did that day. We just avoid them as best we can. Plus, my fav fast food is Wendy's or Taco Bell. No play areas at those!

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

dr mom
06-01-2005, 01:48 PM
My (vegetarian) sister made me watch that movie and I haven't been able to eat at McDonald's et al ever since. I did learn, however, that you can just buy the Happy Meal toy separately for a dollar or so, and when DS gets old enough to want the toy, we may just do that and go play at the park, skipping the fast food altogether.

dr mom
My (vegetarian) sister made me watch that movie and I haven't been able to eat at McDonald's et al ever since. I did learn, however, that you can just buy the Happy Meal toy separately for a dollar or so, and when DS gets old enough to want the toy, we may just do that and go play at the park, skipping the fast food altogether.

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

dr mom

sntm
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Agreed! That movie should be required viewing. I won't watch PBS Kids at all anymore and turn the TV off when the commercials come on Disney.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 23 months & countin

sntm
Agreed! That movie should be required viewing. I won't watch PBS Kids at all anymore and turn the TV off when the commercials come on Disney.
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

deborah_r
06-01-2005, 02:24 PM
This is why I think Noggin was sent straight from heaven!!! No commercials at all! Love it!

Of course, it does give me uncontrollable urges to buy Laurie Berkner and Dan Zanes CDs...love those songs!

I was shocked the first time I saw Sesame Street when Kai was younger, and saw all those advertisements in the beginning. They are toned down from a normal commercial, but I still don't like it.

deborah_r
This is why I think Noggin was sent straight from heaven!!! No commercials at all! Love it!

Of course, it does give me uncontrollable urges to buy Laurie Berkner and Dan Zanes CDs...love those songs!

I was shocked the first time I saw Sesame Street when Kai was younger, and saw all those advertisements in the beginning. They are toned down from a normal commercial, but I still don't like it.

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

deborah_r

jubilee
06-01-2005, 02:25 PM
My 2 year old is too little to play in the playgrounds by himself, but a few weeks ago my older son, Jacob, took Logan into the playground for the first time and they both thought it was great fun! We RARELY go to fastfood places, but when we do I go to resturants that are very clean- including the play area. Our area is really growing up, so there are lots of new fastfood joints that are clean, with safe sturdy indoor playareas. Plus I keep a bottle of Purel in my purse and have the boys rub some on their hands afterwards- and then run to the restroom too.

jubilee
My 2 year old is too little to play in the playgrounds by himself, but a few weeks ago my older son, Jacob, took Logan into the playground for the first time and they both thought it was great fun! We RARELY go to fastfood places, but when we do I go to resturants that are very clean- including the play area. Our area is really growing up, so there are lots of new fastfood joints that are clean, with safe sturdy indoor playareas. Plus I keep a bottle of Purel in my purse and have the boys rub some on their hands afterwards- and then run to the restroom too.

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

redhookmom
06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
It went 2x this past winter. The kids drank a milk and picked at some french fries and then I get to sip coffee and read a book for 45 minutes. Now that the weather is nicer we can go to the regular park.

The one near us is very clean. I worry more about germs at the Children's Museum.

My fav part of that movie is when the man says that when he has children he is going to punch them in the arm everytime they pass McDonalds just to establish a negative feeling about the place.

redhookmom
It went 2x this past winter. The kids drank a milk and picked at some french fries and then I get to sip coffee and read a book for 45 minutes. Now that the weather is nicer we can go to the regular park.

The one near us is very clean. I worry more about germs at the Children's Museum.

My fav part of that movie is when the man says that when he has children he is going to punch them in the arm everytime they pass McDonalds just to establish a negative feeling about the place.

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

redhookmom

cinrein
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
That is exactly why I avoid those play places. I'm certain I would have to climb up or in a tunnel to rescue a frightened Anna, giving all the onlookers a good laugh for the day. We just go to the old-fashioned playground. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

cinrein
That is exactly why I avoid those play places. I'm certain I would have to climb up or in a tunnel to rescue a frightened Anna, giving all the onlookers a good laugh for the day. We just go to the old-fashioned playground. :)

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein