PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that have Mikasa English/French/Italian countryside service

MelissaTC
06-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I am considering buying a service for 4 (or convincing my DH to let me buy for 8) and I was curious to see if everyone still enjoyed their sets...I did a search and read that some people were not happy with their set or it didn't fit well in their dishwasher, etc..

Thanks!

MelissaTC
I am considering buying a service for 4 (or convincing my DH to let me buy for 8) and I was curious to see if everyone still enjoyed their sets...I did a search and read that some people were not happy with their set or it didn't fit well in their dishwasher, etc..

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

MelissaTC

Thanks!

alkagift
06-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I have English Countryside and like mine. My ONLY beef is that the cereal bowls are absolutely huge--they're more like pasta bowls. Everything fits in my 6-year old Kenmore dishwasher just fine. The only pieces that I don't have are the coffee mugs (I have the teacups instead).

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

alkagift
I have English Countryside and like mine. My ONLY beef is that the cereal bowls are absolutely huge--they're more like pasta bowls. Everything fits in my 6-year old Kenmore dishwasher just fine. The only pieces that I don't have are the coffee mugs (I have the teacups instead).

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

alkagift

Allison

Mamma2004
06-01-2005, 06:45 PM
I have the Italian countryside and LOVE it!!! The cereal bowls are small - just perfect - and my set came with dinner and salad plates plus the nice cups and saucers. I put mine in the DW every night and it's still beautiful!

Stephanie

Mamma2004
I have the Italian countryside and LOVE it!!! The cereal bowls are small - just perfect - and my set came with dinner and salad plates plus the nice cups and saucers. I put mine in the DW every night and it's still beautiful!

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

Mamma2004

Stephanie

jbowman
06-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Melissa,

We've used Italian Countryside as our everyday china for almost 5 years and we still love it! We received everything as wedding gifts, but I remember that I registered for the cereal bowls separately (they are smaller than the bowls that come with the place setting--Allison is right, those bowls are more like pasta bowls). They came in boxes of four and were inexpensive as I recall.

jbowman
Melissa,

We've used Italian Countryside as our everyday china for almost 5 years and we still love it! We received everything as wedding gifts, but I remember that I registered for the cereal bowls separately (they are smaller than the bowls that come with the place setting--Allison is right, those bowls are more like pasta bowls). They came in boxes of four and were inexpensive as I recall.

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

jbowman
Melissa,

urbanmama
06-01-2005, 08:59 PM
I've had the Italian Countryside set for a few years now. I love it!! I'm not tired of it yet! I don't have any problem with fitting anything in my dishwasher.

urbanmama
I've had the Italian Countryside set for a few years now. I love it!! I'm not tired of it yet! I don't have any problem with fitting anything in my dishwasher.

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

urbanmama

cinrein
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I have the French Countryside and love it. We've used it daily for the past 7+ years and it looks great. My Mom bought it first and I liked it so much I bought the same thing. I don't regret my purchase at all.

I may have posted that it doesn't fit in the dishwasher. The pieces fit well in my dishwasher, but they do not in my Mom's. She has a GE Profile dishwasher. And it's just the large dinner plates that are a problem in the washer.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

cinrein
I have the French Countryside and love it. We've used it daily for the past 7+ years and it looks great. My Mom bought it first and I liked it so much I bought the same thing. I don't regret my purchase at all.

I may have posted that it doesn't fit in the dishwasher. The pieces fit well in my dishwasher, but they do not in my Mom's. She has a GE Profile dishwasher. And it's just the large dinner plates that are a problem in the washer.

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

cinrein

nc_hope
06-02-2005, 02:14 PM
I have had the Italian countryside for almost 5 years now and I still love it! It fits just fine in my dishwasher. I actually have two sets of bowls. The soup bowls that came w/ the place settings and a set of cereal bowls that I purchased separately later. I use both - depends on what I'm serving. I think one of the things I love the most about this set is that it goes with ANYTHING! (placemats, tablecloths, napkins, etc)

nc_hope
I have had the Italian countryside for almost 5 years now and I still love it! It fits just fine in my dishwasher. I actually have two sets of bowls. The soup bowls that came w/ the place settings and a set of cereal bowls that I purchased separately later. I use both - depends on what I'm serving. I think one of the things I love the most about this set is that it goes with ANYTHING! (placemats, tablecloths, napkins, etc)

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

nc_hope

kransden
06-02-2005, 02:59 PM
The French was my wedding set. I used it daily for about 5 or 6 years. My big complaint with it was it chipped and shattered rather easily. I lost a $60.00 platter (which was a lot of money to me 8 years ago) and the top of the coffee server. Otherwise, they are beautiful classic dishes. They finally made some larger serving pieces that were a lot less expensive. You can find them in the outlets. They make Xmas dessert plates. I think mugs too, but I didn't buy them.

I got tired of just the white and bought HLC Fiesta instead. It is inexpensive, virtually indestructible and can go in the oven. I like the color. I still have the Mikasa in my basement though.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden
The French was my wedding set. I used it daily for about 5 or 6 years. My big complaint with it was it chipped and shattered rather easily. I lost a $60.00 platter (which was a lot of money to me 8 years ago) and the top of the coffee server. Otherwise, they are beautiful classic dishes. They finally made some larger serving pieces that were a lot less expensive. You can find them in the outlets. They make Xmas dessert plates. I think mugs too, but I didn't buy them.

I got tired of just the white and bought HLC Fiesta instead. It is inexpensive, virtually indestructible and can go in the oven. I like the color. I still have the Mikasa in my basement though.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kransden

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

smkinc
06-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Melissa,

I just ordered the Italian countryside (after researching and trying to decide for about 6 months) and have loved it for the last 2 months. I purchased off the Mikasa website, which if you do a web search for coupons usually has 15-20% off in addition to the list price if you order more than a certain $ amount (although you do need to pay shipping, the Mikasa web price is the same you find in the Mikasa outlets). You can order 20 pc place setting with plate/salad plate/soup bowl/cup/saucer or the 16 pc place setting with plate/salad plate/cereal bowl/mug. We went with the 16 pc set because we use mugs much more often than cups/saucers. I ordered a set of fruit bowls as well, which are a nice size especially for a toddler--the cereal bowl is huge--I often use them for small serving bowls.

HTH,
Mary