PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop talkin' 'bout Mirena

kath68
06-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Did anyone out there with a Mirena get it covered by Blue Shield?

I just called them and they said they don't cover it, or any IUD. That can't be right. Did I just get a stupid customer service rep, or did she speak the truth?

kath68

I just called them and they said they don't cover it, or any IUD. That can't be right. Did I just get a stupid customer service rep, or did she speak the truth?

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

kath68

asha
06-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I am not too surprised. SHe was probably right. I contemplated getting Mirena soon after DS was born. AT the time I was informed that I would have to pay for it myself. AT the time I had Blue Cross & Blue Shield throuhg my work and DH's work. Both of them denied coverage for Mirena. It is pretty expensive also. I remember the number was a few hundred dollars.
I postponed it a little for whatever reason. THen we decided we would get it after we had another one.

asha
I am not too surprised. SHe was probably right. I contemplated getting Mirena soon after DS was born. AT the time I was informed that I would have to pay for it myself. AT the time I had Blue Cross & Blue Shield throuhg my work and DH's work. Both of them denied coverage for Mirena. It is pretty expensive also. I remember the number was a few hundred dollars.
I postponed it a little for whatever reason. THen we decided we would get it after we had another one.

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

asha

colleenfs
06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
I have BC/BS and I was interested in Mirena too, but they don't cover it...

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

colleenfs

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05

daniele_ut
06-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't have Blue Cross, but when I went in to talk to my doc last month about getting a Mirena, they called to preauthorize and I found out that my new (since last year, started the job pregnant) insurance doesn't cover ANY BC!! I was pretty peeved to find that out, but not terribly surprised since I work for a large self-insured church. There is no law in Utah requiring coverage for BC, which stinks!

I've pretty much decided to deal w/the $450 it will cost, assuming my doc will waive the insertion fee. If not it will be $605! We had been using a diapragm and I am just sick of it!

I hope you can get some answers!

daniele_ut
I don't have Blue Cross, but when I went in to talk to my doc last month about getting a Mirena, they called to preauthorize and I found out that my new (since last year, started the job pregnant) insurance doesn't cover ANY BC!! I was pretty peeved to find that out, but not terribly surprised since I work for a large self-insured church. There is no law in Utah requiring coverage for BC, which stinks!

I've pretty much decided to deal w/the $450 it will cost, assuming my doc will waive the insertion fee. If not it will be $605! We had been using a diapragm and I am just sick of it!

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

daniele_ut

kijip
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I am in WA and my company is Regence Blue Shield (a PPO plan) and they cover it. It was specifically offered to me since my insurance covers it but we moved into TTC mode!

kijip
I am in WA and my company is Regence Blue Shield (a PPO plan) and they cover it. It was specifically offered to me since my insurance covers it but we moved into TTC mode!

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

Timmersmom
06-01-2005, 07:36 PM
I have BC/BS for federal employees (DH is a civil servant), and Mirena is considered a level 2 drug, which means that I will have to pay a $25 copay when I go to get mine (waiting until I wean DD).

I thought it was kind of strange that it was listed as a drug, since I would think of it as a "device". But there it was, listed on the formulary, next to the BC pills. Is it possible that maybe your plan has it listed as a drug?

Timmersmom
I have BC/BS for federal employees (DH is a civil servant), and Mirena is considered a level 2 drug, which means that I will have to pay a $25 copay when I go to get mine (waiting until I wean DD).

I thought it was kind of strange that it was listed as a drug, since I would think of it as a "device". But there it was, listed on the formulary, next to the BC pills. Is it possible that maybe your plan has it listed as a drug?

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

Timmersmom

lisaE
06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I have BCBS of TX and they covered my copper IUD at 100%.

Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me now...

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

lisaE

tarahsolazy
06-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Mine was paid for by Regence BC/BS of Oregon, the same parent company as Katie's insurance. Seriously, though, I'll just pay if I have to after #2, whenever that is. (not PG or TTC) I really hate the idea of going back on BC pills, and condoms aren't gonna cut it for me. The cost of BC pills for two years is the same as the Mirena, with my Rx plan. I really want to do whatever I can to control the eventual # of kids I'll have, or I'd strongly consider FAM/NFP.

tarahsolazy
Mine was paid for by Regence BC/BS of Oregon, the same parent company as Katie's insurance. Seriously, though, I'll just pay if I have to after #2, whenever that is. (not PG or TTC) I really hate the idea of going back on BC pills, and condoms aren't gonna cut it for me. The cost of BC pills for two years is the same as the Mirena, with my Rx plan. I really want to do whatever I can to control the eventual # of kids I'll have, or I'd strongly consider FAM/NFP.

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

jamierush
06-01-2005, 09:27 PM
It is covered in my state. Health Insurance is regulated by your state and you might want to check with your state Insurance Commisioner (they usually have a website) regarding what their policy is. Another weird thing is that if you have Individual coverage vs Group coverage from a job, that also can determine weather or not they do not cover BC.

jamierush
It is covered in my state. Health Insurance is regulated by your state and you might want to check with your state Insurance Commisioner (they usually have a website) regarding what their policy is. Another weird thing is that if you have Individual coverage vs Group coverage from a job, that also can determine weather or not they do not cover BC.

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jamierush

jubilee
06-02-2005, 01:09 AM
I have a Mirena- and I believe my insurance (which is not BC/BS) covered it at 80%. They considered it Durable Medical Equipment. Call your OB- they will know what the standard payment is for an IUD.

jubilee
I have a Mirena- and I believe my insurance (which is not BC/BS) covered it at 80%. They considered it Durable Medical Equipment. Call your OB- they will know what the standard payment is for an IUD.

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee

jubilee