PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I got to spend $500 bucks on today...

Pages : [1] 2

jd11365
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
A generator! Yes friends, it's June 1st...the first day of hurricane season. DH and I felt we'd be sorry if we didn't have it...since we wished we'd had one last year! Of course we'll probably (hopefully) never use it. It just kinda stinks that I had to spend $500 bucks on something like a generator. After last night's storm...just a heavy rainstorm...we were reminded of the fear we had during the 4 major hurricanes last summer...one of which blew most of my father's house away...all of which caused 3-12 days of power outages at a time. That meant food spoilage and hotel costs since it was unbearable to be in a house in Florida without a/c (or at least fans) in August.

I still would have preferred to spend that $ on a Dyson...sigh.

Hoping for a calm season, even though they predict a busy one... BTW fellow Floridians, it's tax free week for all hurricane supplies!

jd11365
A generator! Yes friends, it's June 1st...the first day of hurricane season. DH and I felt we'd be sorry if we didn't have it...since we wished we'd had one last year! Of course we'll probably (hopefully) never use it. It just kinda stinks that I had to spend $500 bucks on something like a generator. After last night's storm...just a heavy rainstorm...we were reminded of the fear we had during the 4 major hurricanes last summer...one of which blew most of my father's house away...all of which caused 3-12 days of power outages at a time. That meant food spoilage and hotel costs since it was unbearable to be in a house in Florida without a/c (or at least fans) in August.

Hoping for a calm season, even though they predict a busy one... BTW fellow Floridians, it's tax free week for all hurricane supplies!

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

DebbieJ
06-01-2005, 11:23 PM
My MIL lives in St. Lucie Co. and just bought hurricane shutters. Her roof was FINALLY fixed just last month.

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

DebbieJ
My MIL lives in St. Lucie Co. and just bought hurricane shutters. Her roof was FINALLY fixed just last month.

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

Oh joy.

~ deb
DS 12/03

Marisa6826
06-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh Geez. I thought of you when I read that the NWS is forecasting a worse than normal Hurricane Season.

Wanna come visit till it's over?!

hugs

-m

Marisa6826
Oh Geez. I thought of you when I read that the NWS is forecasting a worse than normal Hurricane Season.

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

Marisa6826

hugs

-m

candybomiller
06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Jamie,

We very rarely have hurricanes in Montana. ;)

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

candybomiller
Jamie,

jd11365
06-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Roofs are a big issue here still. So many STILL need replaced/repaired, and we're into the new hurricane season. I can't imagine how those people feel going into this again, and not having a proper roof! There just aren't enough contractors to do the job since most of Florida had some kind of roof damage last summer.

I'm just hoping this is all just unneeded preparation. I waited in line for 8 hours in the hot sun for plywood last year, so now I'm thinking about buying some in advance since it's tax free week for hurricane supplies...but DH thinks that's going a bit far and too much to store. Of course I guess if I had my way we'd have a bunker out back. ;)

And don't be surprised if I'm on your doorstep Candy or Marisa if another big one comes my way! (I'll be sure to bring brownies! :P)

jd11365
Roofs are a big issue here still. So many STILL need replaced/repaired, and we're into the new hurricane season. I can't imagine how those people feel going into this again, and not having a proper roof! There just aren't enough contractors to do the job since most of Florida had some kind of roof damage last summer.

I'm just hoping this is all just unneeded preparation. I waited in line for 8 hours in the hot sun for plywood last year, so now I'm thinking about buying some in advance since it's tax free week for hurricane supplies...but DH thinks that's going a bit far and too much to store. Of course I guess if I had my way we'd have a bunker out back. ;)

And don't be surprised if I'm on your doorstep Candy or Marisa if another big one comes my way! (I'll be sure to bring brownies! :P)

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

amp
06-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Well, it may not be the most fun money you ever spent, but I'm glad you did it. You really needed it last year, and couldn't have gotten one if you tried at that point, so now you're covered.

Here's hoping for a very safe and calm season. fingers are crossed!

amp
Well, it may not be the most fun money you ever spent, but I'm glad you did it. You really needed it last year, and couldn't have gotten one if you tried at that point, so now you're covered.

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

amp

McQ
06-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey, hey. Party at your house :)

Allison
~ mama to Declan and Meghan

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

McQ

Allison

caridura
06-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm thinking we should go get one too. We were lucky last year, but it's good to have that generator. ;)

caridura
I'm thinking we should go get one too. We were lucky last year, but it's good to have that generator. ;)

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

caridura

stillplayswithbarbies
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Hopefully, the generator will be a talisman that protects you from hurricanes.

(if I were you, I would want to buy plywood too. And my husband would say the same thing.)

stillplayswithbarbies

(if I were you, I would want to buy plywood too. And my husband would say the same thing.)

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

dowlinal
06-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Jamie,

Girlie I will keep my fingers crossed for you. My great aunt lives near Tampa so I know how much hurrican season sucks for you.

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

Girlie I will keep my fingers crossed for you. My great aunt lives near Tampa so I know how much hurrican season sucks for you.

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

dowlinal
Jamie,

A

mysweetboy
06-02-2005, 10:59 AM
It stinks that you had to spend that money, but I hope that it never gets used. :)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

mysweetboy
It stinks that you had to spend that money, but I hope that it never gets used. :)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04