PDA

View Full Version : Cheap plane tickets??

aliceinwonderland
06-02-2005, 11:12 AM
We basically have to fly back and forth almost every-weekend from now till mid July...with Erik...Do I just do the random Expedia/orbitz/etc price check??

And, another question: what is the consensus on how far in advance is optimal for getting the best price on international air tickets? When should we start planning our Xmass trip?

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland
We basically have to fly back and forth almost every-weekend from now till mid July...with Erik...Do I just do the random Expedia/orbitz/etc price check??

And, another question: what is the consensus on how far in advance is optimal for getting the best price on international air tickets? When should we start planning our Xmass trip?

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

aliceinwonderland

Thanks in advance.

knaidel
06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

knaidel
I PMed you!

-Rachel

lmintzer
06-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Eri,
Check out Southwest Airlines if you haven't yet. The prices are often very cheap between Philly and Chicago. You do have to fly out of Midway airport, though, which is slightly furher away. You can get to Midway by public transp. I've done it before.

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,
Check out Southwest Airlines if you haven't yet. The prices are often very cheap between Philly and Chicago. You do have to fly out of Midway airport, though, which is slightly furher away. You can get to Midway by public transp. I've done it before.

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

lmintzer
Eri,

HTH.

mudder17
06-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I second the rec for Southwest. Plus, if you stick with the same airline, you can build up free tickets. DH has always done the Southwest thing when flying btw Chicago and Baltimore.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

mudder17
I second the rec for Southwest. Plus, if you stick with the same airline, you can build up free tickets. DH has always done the Southwest thing when flying btw Chicago and Baltimore.

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

Momof3Labs
06-02-2005, 12:18 PM
This isn't quite kosher, but no one will stop you...

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the tickets in an odd pattern. For example, if you are flying out every Friday and back on Sunday, don't just automatically buy one set of tickets for each weekend. Try different combos - buy a Chicago-Philly round trip for, say, Friday 6/3 and your return the following weekend 6/12 and then buy a Philly-Chicago round trip for 6/5-6/10.

Momof3Labs

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the tickets in an odd pattern. For example, if you are flying out every Friday and back on Sunday, don't just automatically buy one set of tickets for each weekend. Try different combos - buy a Chicago-Philly round trip for, say, Friday 6/3 and your return the following weekend 6/12 and then buy a Philly-Chicago round trip for 6/5-6/10.

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

steph2003
06-02-2005, 12:59 PM
My DH did this all the time when traveling each week to the same spot...even though it was for work his company wanted him to cut corners when he could.

steph2003
My DH did this all the time when traveling each week to the same spot...even though it was for work his company wanted him to cut corners when he could.

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

steph2003

kristenk
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I just heard about this Southwest thing called "DING" (maybe everyone else already knows about it, but it was news to me). If you go to the homepage iflyswa.com, you can download it. Evidently you download the ding to your desktop and it alerts you to sales and stuff and you might have a certain time limit to respond to an offer but I'm not sure. I've never used it, but people on a Disney board were all excited about it, so I think it could be really cool. If Southwest is a viable option for you, you might want to see about getting it.

kristenk
I just heard about this Southwest thing called "DING" (maybe everyone else already knows about it, but it was news to me). If you go to the homepage iflyswa.com, you can download it. Evidently you download the ding to your desktop and it alerts you to sales and stuff and you might have a certain time limit to respond to an offer but I'm not sure. I've never used it, but people on a Disney board were all excited about it, so I think it could be really cool. If Southwest is a viable option for you, you might want to see about getting it.

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

Jen841
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, SWA! The rapid rewards rack up fast, and they are easy to use. I am flying to MDW from PHL tomorrow, we'll pass each other in the air!

It is easy to take the El from there to downtown, even with a stroller. I have done it a number of times and even transfered to the Red Line to get up north. I just hate driving!

If you don't want to El it I highly recommend Chicago Private car to get you home in Chicago. DH gave up on taxis and loved these guys. Our friends got addicted too. For $5 or so more they are totally worth it especially with a child.

Jen841
Yes, SWA! The rapid rewards rack up fast, and they are easy to use. I am flying to MDW from PHL tomorrow, we'll pass each other in the air!

It is easy to take the El from there to downtown, even with a stroller. I have done it a number of times and even transfered to the Red Line to get up north. I just hate driving!

If you don't want to El it I highly recommend Chicago Private car to get you home in Chicago. DH gave up on taxis and loved these guys. Our friends got addicted too. For $5 or so more they are totally worth it especially with a child.

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

Jen841

aliceinwonderland
06-10-2005, 08:42 AM
They have a pretty good reward system too! So at the end of this crazy summer we should have at least a free ticket or two!

e.