PDA

View Full Version : Can I save this small rug????- PBK backing is wrinkly

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I was wondering before I give it up and trash it...
I have a small bathroom size rug that is done in wool with animals on it- I bought it from a garage sale and it was in perfect condition. She bought it from PBK.

My cat about 2 years ago pee'd on it when he had his stone in his pee pee and I washed it in the machine and now the back is wrinkly and it does not sit flat. I have left it in the closet since and now would like to use it or toss it...any ideas????

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
I have a small bathroom size rug that is done in wool with animals on it- I bought it from a garage sale and it was in perfect condition. She bought it from PBK.

My cat about 2 years ago pee'd on it when he had his stone in his pee pee and I washed it in the machine and now the back is wrinkly and it does not sit flat. I have left it in the closet since and now would like to use it or toss it...any ideas????

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN

Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
:)
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

NEVE and TRISTAN
Neve

aliceinwonderland
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
good deal...I wanted to suggest ironing wool as a last resort, but i was afraid of the plastic backing...

Digging up stuff for the beach-house, are we? ;)

aliceinwonderland
good deal...I wanted to suggest ironing wool as a last resort, but i was afraid of the plastic backing...

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

tarabenet
06-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Congrats on saving it! Now, if the back is cracking or peeling, you can get liquid rubber to paint on it. This is used to make rugs non-skid. I'd probably try to get rid of the loosest bits first. I've found the stuff at Hobby Lobby and at Lowe's -- shouldn't be too hard to track down! Great way to make floor cloths that stay put, etc. And I like it better than those cut-to-fit rug pads, personally.

tarabenet
Congrats on saving it! Now, if the back is cracking or peeling, you can get liquid rubber to paint on it. This is used to make rugs non-skid. I'd probably try to get rid of the loosest bits first. I've found the stuff at Hobby Lobby and at Lowe's -- shouldn't be too hard to track down! Great way to make floor cloths that stay put, etc. And I like it better than those cut-to-fit rug pads, personally.

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

tarabenet

Calmegja2
06-02-2005, 12:38 PM
You know, I'd probably soak it in water, and then stretch it out as flat as I could get it, with heavy things on it, until it was beyond dry.

Calmegja2
You know, I'd probably soak it in water, and then stretch it out as flat as I could get it, with heavy things on it, until it was beyond dry.

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2