PDA

View Full Version : BFing and cough drops

mcdonald29
06-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi all!
DS was kind enough to pass around his most recent cold, and I seem to have developed a worse case. No big deal, just sinus congestion and I can feel it moving into my chest, resulting in a cough. I just purchased some menthol cough drops, like Halls, and of course it says to ask a doctor if breastfeeding before use.

Have any of you received the OK from your doctor before using? I can't imagine that it's too bad, but better safe than sorry. Thanks!

mcdonald29
Hi all!
DS was kind enough to pass around his most recent cold, and I seem to have developed a worse case. No big deal, just sinus congestion and I can feel it moving into my chest, resulting in a cough. I just purchased some menthol cough drops, like Halls, and of course it says to ask a doctor if breastfeeding before use.

Have any of you received the OK from your doctor before using? I can't imagine that it's too bad, but better safe than sorry. Thanks!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

mcdonald29
Hi all!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
The only thing I know for sure is to avoid the Ricola herbal ones, they contain sage which will affect your milk supply.

stillplayswithbarbies
The only thing I know for sure is to avoid the Ricola herbal ones, they contain sage which will affect your milk supply.

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

kristenk
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I found this on the kellymom site:

"Sore throat sprays or lozenges are generally considered safe, as are cough drops. Avoid eating excessive amounts of cough drops containing menthol. Large amounts of menthol can reduce milk supply."

I think that I found some fruit-flavored ones that didn't have menthol. Maybe they were fruit breezers or something like that... They seemed to help.

kristenk

"Sore throat sprays or lozenges are generally considered safe, as are cough drops. Avoid eating excessive amounts of cough drops containing menthol. Large amounts of menthol can reduce milk supply."

I think that I found some fruit-flavored ones that didn't have menthol. Maybe they were fruit breezers or something like that... They seemed to help.

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk

kristenk