PDA

View Full Version : Waaay OT: Need song advice for DVD gift...

jd11365
06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm making a DVD for my dad's 60th birthday. My dad is a former biker dude (though not your typical black leather...just liked going cross country with his buddies as a hobby).

I thought I'd start with "Bad to the Bone" and have his baby pictures go with:
On the day I was born, the nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder, at the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up, and she said leave this one alone
She could tell right away, that I was bad to the bone

Then when it comes to this part I'd flash the pictures of his current and (ahem) 3 former wives. (He'd actually get a kick out of that...and his current wife actually gave me the pics.)
I broke a thousand hearts, before I met you
I'll break a thousand more baby, before I am through
I wanna be yours pretty baby, yours and yours alone
I'm here to tell ya honey, that I'm bad to the bone

Then for his motorcycle pics, I'd have "Born To Be Wild" in the background...
You know, Get your motor runnin'....head out on the highway...

But I have a bunch of pics of he and I and he and my half-sister as well as pics of he and his family and friends. What song should I have in the background. There aren't enough pics to have a different song for each, so it would have to somehow combine something about friends and family?? Or maybe I could split them up into somthing "Daddy" for my sis and I, then something friends/family for the others...

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365
I'm making a DVD for my dad's 60th birthday. My dad is a former biker dude (though not your typical black leather...just liked going cross country with his buddies as a hobby).

Then when it comes to this part I'd flash the pictures of his current and (ahem) 3 former wives. (He'd actually get a kick out of that...and his current wife actually gave me the pics.)

But I have a bunch of pics of he and I and he and my half-sister as well as pics of he and his family and friends. What song should I have in the background. There aren't enough pics to have a different song for each, so it would have to somehow combine something about friends and family?? Or maybe I could split them up into somthing "Daddy" for my sis and I, then something friends/family for the others...

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

jd11365

Any suggestions? TIA!

alkagift
06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Jamie I have NOOOOO advice but I wanted to bump this up since it sounds like a neat idea! My taste in music just wouldn't work with
it.

Maybe you can look at early Tom Petty (Breakdown, The Waiting--which would be good for a tribute to the current wife, or something off the "Damn the Torpedoes" album. I especially like "I Won't Back Down"--check out www.gonegator.com) or the lyrics to Wild Horses, which is a Rolling Stones tune and pretty good.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

alkagift
Jamie I have NOOOOO advice but I wanted to bump this up since it sounds like a neat idea! My taste in music just wouldn't work with
it.

Maybe you can look at early Tom Petty (Breakdown, The Waiting--which would be good for a tribute to the current wife, or something off the "Damn the Torpedoes" album. I especially like "I Won't Back Down"--check out www.gonegator.com) or the lyrics to Wild Horses, which is a Rolling Stones tune and pretty good.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

alkagift
it.

Allison

MelissaTC
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
For family/friend pics, I am a huge fan of 10,000 Maniacs' "These Are the Days"...

These are days you'll remember.
Never before and never since, I promise,
will the whole world be warm as this.
And as you feel it, you'll know
it's true that you are blessed and lucky.
It's true that you are touched by something
that will grow and bloom in you.

When May is rushing over you
with desire to be part of the miracles you see in every hour.
You'll know

These are days.

These are the days you might fill with laughter until you break.
These days you might feel a shaft of light make its way across your face.
And when you do you'll know how it was meant to be.
See the signs and know their meaning.
It's true, you'll know how it was meant to be.
Hear the signs and know they're speaking to you, to you.

MelissaTC
For family/friend pics, I am a huge fan of 10,000 Maniacs' "These Are the Days"...

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

MelissaTC

You'll know

These are days.

jd11365
06-02-2005, 06:58 PM
DONE! Melissa, that is just perfect!!! My dad is just going to love this! Of course he asked for a new sports car, but I'm going to get him a card with a sports theme and say I misunderstood. ("Oh, I thought you said Sports Card, not Sports Car!" :P

jd11365
DONE! Melissa, that is just perfect!!! My dad is just going to love this! Of course he asked for a new sports car, but I'm going to get him a card with a sports theme and say I misunderstood. ("Oh, I thought you said Sports Card, not Sports Car!" :P

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365
06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I have a whole set of pics...just him over the past 10 years or so, and I think "I Won't Back Down" would be perfect for these. Heck, after 4 wives... ;) Great suggestion!

jd11365
I have a whole set of pics...just him over the past 10 years or so, and I think "I Won't Back Down" would be perfect for these. Heck, after 4 wives... ;) Great suggestion!

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jbowman
06-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Jamie,

I've been thinking about this today & couldn't think of anything, except "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" ;), LOL!

jbowman
Jamie,

I've been thinking about this today & couldn't think of anything, except "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" ;), LOL!

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jbowman
Jamie,

jd11365
06-02-2005, 08:03 PM
LOL! That will have to go on my DVD... Though I hope it's never really appropriate!

jd11365
LOL! That will have to go on my DVD... Though I hope it's never really appropriate!

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365

jd11365