PDA

View Full Version : Do language explosions affect sleep?

tny915
06-02-2005, 06:51 PM
We're going through a little of a nap strike around here - about a half hour tops each day for the past week. Today's was only 20 minutes. I have no idea where she gets the energy to function! Anyway, in the past couple weeks, DD's been learning new words and is now talking ALL the time with words we can actually understand. I'm wondering if she's decided there's just no time to sleep and would rather spend all her time chattering away. Has anyone found that a language explosion affects sleep?

tny915
We're going through a little of a nap strike around here - about a half hour tops each day for the past week. Today's was only 20 minutes. I have no idea where she gets the energy to function! Anyway, in the past couple weeks, DD's been learning new words and is now talking ALL the time with words we can actually understand. I'm wondering if she's decided there's just no time to sleep and would rather spend all her time chattering away. Has anyone found that a language explosion affects sleep?

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

jec2
06-02-2005, 07:19 PM
I posted last week about the lack of sleep in our house lately. Naps are getting unpredictable and night waking have been on the up and down the past few weeks. A lot of mamas of 18-20 month toddlers were going thru somehting really similar. A lot of my mommies in my mommy group are experiencing similar things as well. It sucks doesn't it?

jec2
I posted last week about the lack of sleep in our house lately. Naps are getting unpredictable and night waking have been on the up and down the past few weeks. A lot of mamas of 18-20 month toddlers were going thru somehting really similar. A lot of my mommies in my mommy group are experiencing similar things as well. It sucks doesn't it?

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

tny915
06-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks for letting me know, I found the post.

Guess this is just another of those phases where I should just go with the flow and wait for it to pass. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

tny915

Guess this is just another of those phases where I should just go with the flow and wait for it to pass. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

tny915

squimp
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
I definitely found this to be true, with both physical and verbal explosions. DD would also sit in her crib and say all the words she knew, all the names of her friends and family, everything she saw in her room....it was like she was practicing.

squimp
I definitely found this to be true, with both physical and verbal explosions. DD would also sit in her crib and say all the words she knew, all the names of her friends and family, everything she saw in her room....it was like she was practicing.

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

squimp

DebbieJ
06-02-2005, 11:23 PM
It's 11:20 p.m. here and my DH is upstairs trying to coax my little 18 mo to sleep. I tried for the last 2.5 hours to no avail.

He is talking like crazy now. That's the only reason I can come up with.

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

DebbieJ
It's 11:20 p.m. here and my DH is upstairs trying to coax my little 18 mo to sleep. I tried for the last 2.5 hours to no avail.

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

DebbieJ

I give up.

~ deb
DS 12/03

jec2
06-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Wow, that is late! The latest we've been up is 8:45 with this but the no naps and nightwakings are driving me bonkers!

jec2
Wow, that is late! The latest we've been up is 8:45 with this but the no naps and nightwakings are driving me bonkers!

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2

jec2