PDA

View Full Version : Hurray! After working full-time since Toby was born....

kijip
06-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I am going down to .8FTE this month AND have the option of going down to 3 or less days in September. If they don't cut my hours again in September as I have planned, I am quitting outright. Toby starts a 3 day per week "school" in September and I have decided to only work when he is in school or to not work at all. Further excitement- my job role is changing a bit and is getting a bit more interesting with writing and web resource stuff. And in the Fall I start a class to get a bit closer to my end goal of law school. Not rushing with school full-time since we are thinking about TTC again.

Tomorrow I am going to my first ever tot and mommy playgroup- they are all during the day and I mostly work days! I am SO excited to get to spend more time at home with Toby. I have never regretted working (it was by choice not absolute need) but now that I and adapted to mamahood a bit better and such, I want more time at home with Toby and more time focusing on getting me to law school.

kijip
I am going down to .8FTE this month AND have the option of going down to 3 or less days in September. If they don't cut my hours again in September as I have planned, I am quitting outright. Toby starts a 3 day per week "school" in September and I have decided to only work when he is in school or to not work at all. Further excitement- my job role is changing a bit and is getting a bit more interesting with writing and web resource stuff. And in the Fall I start a class to get a bit closer to my end goal of law school. Not rushing with school full-time since we are thinking about TTC again.

Tomorrow I am going to my first ever tot and mommy playgroup- they are all during the day and I mostly work days! I am SO excited to get to spend more time at home with Toby. I have never regretted working (it was by choice not absolute need) but now that I and adapted to mamahood a bit better and such, I want more time at home with Toby and more time focusing on getting me to law school.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

brigmaman
06-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Katie, I'm so glad things are working out as you'd like them to. You always seem to be looking out for those around you. Glad things are going your way!!

brigmaman
Katie, I'm so glad things are working out as you'd like them to. You always seem to be looking out for those around you. Glad things are going your way!!

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

brigmaman

Saartje
06-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Yay, Katie! So glad things are moving in the direction you want them to. :D

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

Saartje

cvharris
06-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Katie,

What exciting changes for you! Have fun at your playgroup tomorrow!

P.S. How did those hourglass fuzzi bunz inserts work out for Toby? ;)

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
Expecting #2 in December!

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

cvharris
Katie,

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)

kijip
06-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Are you confessing, Miss Brownie?

I love the inserts (use both together) and if you know what they are (Brownie or NOT) I need to know what the heck they are so I can buy some more! ETA - a big thanks for getting me to convert to FBs!

kijip

I love the inserts (use both together) and if you know what they are (Brownie or NOT) I need to know what the heck they are so I can buy some more! ETA - a big thanks for getting me to convert to FBs!

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

JLiebCamm
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Katie, I am so happy for you and am right there with you. I asked my boss yesterday about going down to 3 days a week and she was very accomodating. I never thought I'd work less than full time but have done a lot of soul searching and realized that I don't want to let precious years slip away faster than they already are! I have to wait until September because of two co-workers being on maternity leave but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Isn't it exciting!?!?

JLiebCamm
Katie, I am so happy for you and am right there with you. I asked my boss yesterday about going down to 3 days a week and she was very accomodating. I never thought I'd work less than full time but have done a lot of soul searching and realized that I don't want to let precious years slip away faster than they already are! I have to wait until September because of two co-workers being on maternity leave but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Isn't it exciting!?!?

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

kijip
06-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Glad that it worked for you too! I am waiting to go from .8 to .5 or .6 till September due to a co-workers leave that I did not want to see denied. I have alreadys had a considerable amount of flex time but going from 1.0 to .8 is SOOOOO exciting and September is right around the corner.

kijip
Glad that it worked for you too! I am waiting to go from .8 to .5 or .6 till September due to a co-workers leave that I did not want to see denied. I have alreadys had a considerable amount of flex time but going from 1.0 to .8 is SOOOOO exciting and September is right around the corner.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

hez
06-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm so happy for you! A 4 day work-week (I'm at 80%, too) has been wonderful for us. If I ever get pregnant again, and ever go back to work afterwards, I don't think it will be for more than 60%. There's a little part of me that thinks maybe I'll ask for an 18 year leave of absence!

Glad things are working out for you, and it's so nice to 'hear' you excited about this :)

hez
I'm so happy for you! A 4 day work-week (I'm at 80%, too) has been wonderful for us. If I ever get pregnant again, and ever go back to work afterwards, I don't think it will be for more than 60%. There's a little part of me that thinks maybe I'll ask for an 18 year leave of absence!

Glad things are working out for you, and it's so nice to 'hear' you excited about this :)

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

HannaAddict
06-03-2005, 01:19 AM
That is great news. Glad your job is working with you on this. Can you disclose what class (or kind of class )you are taking to focus on law school?

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict
That is great news. Glad your job is working with you on this. Can you disclose what class (or kind of class )you are taking to focus on law school?

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

HannaAddict

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

kijip
06-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Just going to take an class heavy on the writing to beef up my writing skills- haven't picked it out for sure yet but after not writing much (mostly math and science courses since Toby was born) I need it to get back into the swing of things. Not going to make any solid full-time plans until we hammer out our TTC plans/see how it goes.

....and a year long seminar at UW on Fundraising Management (I am in non-profit work and I do political fundraising). Mainly to have an extra thing for my resume and to build some fundraising contacts!

kijip
Just going to take an class heavy on the writing to beef up my writing skills- haven't picked it out for sure yet but after not writing much (mostly math and science courses since Toby was born) I need it to get back into the swing of things. Not going to make any solid full-time plans until we hammer out our TTC plans/see how it goes.

....and a year long seminar at UW on Fundraising Management (I am in non-profit work and I do political fundraising). Mainly to have an extra thing for my resume and to build some fundraising contacts!

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

zuzu
06-03-2005, 08:01 AM
What wonderful news! I'm so happy things are moving in the direction you want. Enjoy your extra time with Toby!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

zuzu
What wonderful news! I'm so happy things are moving in the direction you want. Enjoy your extra time with Toby!

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

zuzu

chlobo
06-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

chlobo
Congratulations!

aliceinwonderland
06-03-2005, 08:50 AM
That awesome when things work out the way you want them too! Congrats!

I wrote a long post about infants and law school, and then I realised you did not ask nor do you likely need my advice :) Feel free to PM anytime, though.

aliceinwonderland

I wrote a long post about infants and law school, and then I realised you did not ask nor do you likely need my advice :) Feel free to PM anytime, though.

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

kijip
06-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh, but I DO need your help! I will PM you about the whole thing sometime!

kijip

kijip