PDA

View Full Version : Fingernails Sharp as Claws - Any Secret Cures?

randomkid
06-03-2005, 08:32 AM
My DD's fingernails are soooo sharp! I clip them, file them and they are nice and smooth for about two days, then they are sharp again. I've tried just filing them with those baby emery boards, but to no avail - they just stay sharp. She scratches me, herself, etc. Looks like we all have battle wounds around here - well, not really, but you know what I mean,. LOL! Any magic tricks out there?

randomkid
My DD's fingernails are soooo sharp! I clip them, file them and they are nice and smooth for about two days, then they are sharp again. I've tried just filing them with those baby emery boards, but to no avail - they just stay sharp. She scratches me, herself, etc. Looks like we all have battle wounds around here - well, not really, but you know what I mean,. LOL! Any magic tricks out there?

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

sarahsthreads
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm only just now - at 7 months - able to go longer than 2 days between trimmings for Carrie. Those teeny nails just grow so darned fast! Sorry I don't know any magic tricks, but they do seem to stop growing quite so quickly after a while.

Oh, and Carrie doesn't accidently scratch people (herself included) quite so often anymore...but she does grab at mouths and noses, so I have to keep her nails super short still.

Sarah :)

sarahsthreads
I'm only just now - at 7 months - able to go longer than 2 days between trimmings for Carrie. Those teeny nails just grow so darned fast! Sorry I don't know any magic tricks, but they do seem to stop growing quite so quickly after a while.

Oh, and Carrie doesn't accidently scratch people (herself included) quite so often anymore...but she does grab at mouths and noses, so I have to keep her nails super short still.

sarahsthreads

sarahsthreads

sarahsthreads

sarahsthreads

sarahsthreads

sarahsthreads

randomkid
06-03-2005, 04:50 PM
That's exactly why we have so many scratches! She loves to grab at noses, mouths and chins, esp when you are talking or singing to her!

randomkid
That's exactly why we have so many scratches! She loves to grab at noses, mouths and chins, esp when you are talking or singing to her!

randomkid

randomkid

mudder17
06-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Hmm...I think Kaya wore mittens until she was 4 months old and then we tried trimming them more often. But I agree, they seem to grow very quickly. These days, even though she grabs for things, it's not as bad, so we can go a few days between cuttings. But yes, those early days meant if you didn't trim them often, you got scratches.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

mudder17
Hmm...I think Kaya wore mittens until she was 4 months old and then we tried trimming them more often. But I agree, they seem to grow very quickly. These days, even though she grabs for things, it's not as bad, so we can go a few days between cuttings. But yes, those early days meant if you didn't trim them often, you got scratches.

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen