PDA

View Full Version : Cute ways to announce PG??

Emmas Mom
06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have a cute idea as far as announcing your pregnancy to extended family & friends?? Like maybe via e-mail with an attached picture or something?? What creative ways have you used?

Emmas Mom
Does anyone have a cute idea as far as announcing your pregnancy to extended family & friends?? Like maybe via e-mail with an attached picture or something?? What creative ways have you used?

Emmas Mom

Emmas Mom

Emmas Mom

Emmas Mom

nfowife
06-03-2005, 11:56 AM
If it's your second, why not get or make a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister" for your first DD? Then you send out the picture with a message like "Emma has something to share with you".

nfowife
If it's your second, why not get or make a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister" for your first DD? Then you send out the picture with a message like "Emma has something to share with you".

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

nfowife

amp
06-03-2005, 12:37 PM
We used the "I'm the Big Brother" shirt and the emailed pic of big brother holding the pg test, captioned, "Jacob has a secret to tell you".

Are congratulations in order?! Do tell!

amp
We used the "I'm the Big Brother" shirt and the emailed pic of big brother holding the pg test, captioned, "Jacob has a secret to tell you".

amp

amp

amp

amp

wencit
06-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Here is a thread I bookmarked on MDC that has some really cute ideas:

http://mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=272491&page=1&pp=20

wencit

wencit

wencit

wencit

wencit

laretce6
06-03-2005, 01:32 PM
For my family it was my mom's birthday and I'd just hit twelve weeks (we only told a few close friends at first because I knew my mom couldn't keep her mouth shut). I gave my mom a wrapped picture frame with this poem:

I do not have a face to see or put inside a frame
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I don't yet have a name
It's still to soon to sing me songs or whisper in my ear
You can't yet hold my tiny hands or cuddle me so near

Yet all will change come Summer time, that's when they say I'm due
I'll be your second grand-child, I can't wait to meet you

All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait because of all the love we'll know.

Happy Birthday
Love Baby S, due August 2004

I know it's super cheesy, but everyone loved it. What's odd is that we were at a restaurant we don't go to much, but I found out that night that it's the same place where my cousin told her parents she was expecting her first.

For the ILs DH didn't want to do anything cute, so he ended up saying to FIL casually at a family dinner "do you like this grandparent stuff (our nephew, the first grandchild was about 5 months at the time)" FIL said "of course, why", DH said "cause you're gonna have another one". It was totally in tune with their personalities cause they're both very laid back and quiet. Then MIL jumped up and down and screamed :-)

ETA: I see now that you asked about extended family and friends. So ignore the above if it's not helpful!

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

laretce6
For my family it was my mom's birthday and I'd just hit twelve weeks (we only told a few close friends at first because I knew my mom couldn't keep her mouth shut). I gave my mom a wrapped picture frame with this poem:

Happy Birthday

I know it's super cheesy, but everyone loved it. What's odd is that we were at a restaurant we don't go to much, but I found out that night that it's the same place where my cousin told her parents she was expecting her first.

For the ILs DH didn't want to do anything cute, so he ended up saying to FIL casually at a family dinner "do you like this grandparent stuff (our nephew, the first grandchild was about 5 months at the time)" FIL said "of course, why", DH said "cause you're gonna have another one". It was totally in tune with their personalities cause they're both very laid back and quiet. Then MIL jumped up and down and screamed :-)

ETA: I see now that you asked about extended family and friends. So ignore the above if it's not helpful!

Caroline

laretce6

Happy Birthday

Caroline

laretce6

Happy Birthday

Caroline

loewymartin
06-03-2005, 01:38 PM
I had a t-shirt made up that said "Big Sister Alia" on it. I took a picture of DD in it and emailed it to friends/family once we passed the 12 week mark. I told them in the first line to look at the attached picture first. Then I scrolled down and said something like "Well, she's not a big sister yet, but she will be in mid-August" or something like that. Everyone loved it :)

Michelle
Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and the GIRL! peanut due 8/13/05

loewymartin
I had a t-shirt made up that said "Big Sister Alia" on it. I took a picture of DD in it and emailed it to friends/family once we passed the 12 week mark. I told them in the first line to look at the attached picture first. Then I scrolled down and said something like "Well, she's not a big sister yet, but she will be in mid-August" or something like that. Everyone loved it :)

Michelle

loewymartin

Michelle

loewymartin

Michelle

Gena
06-03-2005, 01:53 PM
We got pregnant our wedding night. At 12 weeks we had an ultrasound done and got a lot of pics from the tech. So we put all the pics in a cute little album. When we visited with various family members and friends, we would casually say, “Want to see some pictures from our honeymoon?�

We had a lot of fun watching people’s reactions.

Gena
We got pregnant our wedding night. At 12 weeks we had an ultrasound done and got a lot of pics from the tech. So we put all the pics in a cute little album. When we visited with various family members and friends, we would casually say, “Want to see some pictures from our honeymoon?�

Gena

Gena

Wife_and_mommy
06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
THAT is awesome!!! What an great way to tell. :)

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Hooray for us! We've made it 13 months.

Wife_and_mommy

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

Wife_and_mommy

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

Wife_and_mommy

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

Emmas Mom
06-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Cute, cute ideas. :D I'm too chicken to say anything yet...but maybe soon! ;)

Emmas Mom

Emmas Mom

Emmas Mom

amp
06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok, well, we'll look forward to news when you have some to share!

amp

amp

amp

c2lane
06-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I made a shirt for DD that said "I'm going to be a big sister" and took a picture of her wearing it. I then emailed to all our family and friends - everyone thought it was a great announcements. Wish I had a picture of it on my computer at work to show you.

Carrie & Dillan Rose 01/02/04

Our 2nd blessing is due 10/6/05
http://lilypie.com/days/051006/0/6/0/-8/.png[/img][/url]

c2lane
I made a shirt for DD that said "I'm going to be a big sister" and took a picture of her wearing it. I then emailed to all our family and friends - everyone thought it was a great announcements. Wish I had a picture of it on my computer at work to show you.

c2lane

c2lane

Mommy_Again
06-03-2005, 04:08 PM
what a great poem! Did you write it yourself? you are very talented!

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

Mommy_Again

laretce6
06-03-2005, 04:29 PM
LOL, no I got it from a message board (I think wedding channel's parenting section, but it could have even been here), I did change some of the wording though.

Caroline

laretce6
LOL, no I got it from a message board (I think wedding channel's parenting section, but it could have even been here), I did change some of the wording though.

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

laretce6

Caroline

jadamom
06-03-2005, 09:43 PM
For close family, we sent personalized mugs that said "Grandpa", "Grandma", "Uncle Harry", "Aunt Sara", etc. For friends, we sent an ultrasound picture with a multiple-choice question: Is this a picture of...A. Lydia's gallbladder. B. Sam's spleen. C. Our new baby at 5 weeks!

jadamom
For close family, we sent personalized mugs that said "Grandpa", "Grandma", "Uncle Harry", "Aunt Sara", etc. For friends, we sent an ultrasound picture with a multiple-choice question: Is this a picture of...A. Lydia's gallbladder. B. Sam's spleen. C. Our new baby at 5 weeks!

jadamom

mysweetboy
06-03-2005, 10:18 PM
DH sends out a Charlie update email w/pics and cute captions (coming from Charlie). In one of the updates, the last pic was of the pregnancy test with the caption that he was going to get a baby brother or sister in October. Family and friends were very surprised!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04
and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

mysweetboy
DH sends out a Charlie update email w/pics and cute captions (coming from Charlie). In one of the updates, the last pic was of the pregnancy test with the caption that he was going to get a baby brother or sister in October. Family and friends were very surprised!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mysweetboy

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 5/04

mharling
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
I didn't do this myself, but...

I always thought it would be fun to mail out a postcard with only a website on it and then have the announcement on that site.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

mharling

I always thought it would be fun to mail out a postcard with only a website on it and then have the announcement on that site.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

mharling

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

R2sweetboys
06-04-2005, 01:04 AM
We announced our second pregnancy on the 4th of July. I decided to make my son a patriotic shirt with a message. I bought a red
t-shirt, a flag iron-on(placed on the front)and letters, and some fabric paint. On the back I made a big "03" in block style numbers like the numbers on the back of a football(or whatever) shirt. Where the name traditionally goes above the numbers, I put "Big Brother". The "03" was for the year that the baby was to be born. It was a big hit.

It was so much fun to watch Ryan walk around and to see people's reactions. It took most everyone a moment to figure out what it meant because we had planned to wait until later in the summer to TTC again.

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

R2sweetboys
We announced our second pregnancy on the 4th of July. I decided to make my son a patriotic shirt with a message. I bought a red
t-shirt, a flag iron-on(placed on the front)and letters, and some fabric paint. On the back I made a big "03" in block style numbers like the numbers on the back of a football(or whatever) shirt. Where the name traditionally goes above the numbers, I put "Big Brother". The "03" was for the year that the baby was to be born. It was a big hit.

It was so much fun to watch Ryan walk around and to see people's reactions. It took most everyone a moment to figure out what it meant because we had planned to wait until later in the summer to TTC again.

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

R2sweetboys

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

HeatherW
06-04-2005, 02:21 PM
My DH and I had fortune cookies made dipped in chocolate, with pink and blue sprinkles with a fortune that said we were expecting. We took each side of the family out for Chinese food and had the waiter bring the cookies with the bill...it was great fun to see everyone's reaction!

We spent about $55.00 on two dozen cookies. You can do a search on line for custom fourtune cookies.

Have fun!

HeatherW
06-04-2005, 02:21 PM
My DH and I had fortune cookies made dipped in chocolate, with pink and blue sprinkles with a fortune that said we were expecting. We took each side of the family out for Chinese food and had the waiter bring the cookies with the bill...it was great fun to see everyone's reaction!

We spent about $55.00 on two dozen cookies. You can do a search on line for custom fourtune cookies.

Have fun!