PDA

View Full Version : Using Cleaning Service for the 1st time......Do I Tip Them Afterwards?

Kungjo
06-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi,

After the birth of my DD in May 05, I am finally (at my husband's urging) going to treat myself and have a cleaning service come in to clean, dust, straighten up, etc. my house. I am using a company called The Maids. Does anyone have any experience with them? I was also curious since I have never used a cleaning service before, whether I am expected to tip them or not. There will be 4 people coming to my house to clean. Do I tip them? If so, what's the going rate?

Thanks
Joyce

Kungjo
Hi,

After the birth of my DD in May 05, I am finally (at my husband's urging) going to treat myself and have a cleaning service come in to clean, dust, straighten up, etc. my house. I am using a company called The Maids. Does anyone have any experience with them? I was also curious since I have never used a cleaning service before, whether I am expected to tip them or not. There will be 4 people coming to my house to clean. Do I tip them? If so, what's the going rate?

Thanks
Joyce

Kungjo
Hi,

Thanks
Joyce

Kungjo
Hi,

Thanks
Joyce

Kungjo
Hi,

Thanks
Joyce

Kungjo
Hi,

Thanks
Joyce

Marisa6826
06-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Nope. I don't tip my cleaning ladies unless they've done something above and beyond. I think I've done it a couple times. Once when they helped me clean up after a big dinner the night before and another when they helped me clean after moving into the house. It was a total mess from construction.

-m

Marisa6826
Nope. I don't tip my cleaning ladies unless they've done something above and beyond. I think I've done it a couple times. Once when they helped me clean up after a big dinner the night before and another when they helped me clean after moving into the house. It was a total mess from construction.

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

Marisa6826

-m

wagner36
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
We do tip, but because we LOVE our cleaning lady and she always brings little presents and lots of kisses for Charlie. She's also extremely tolerant when he follows her around the house copying what she does, and she always stays longer than she is supposed to.

She comes every 2 weeks, though - if I was just doing a big one-time cleaning (ahhh, a dream of mine) or if multiple people were coming, I do not think that I would tip - nor would it be expected.

Hope that helps!

wagner36
We do tip, but because we LOVE our cleaning lady and she always brings little presents and lots of kisses for Charlie. She's also extremely tolerant when he follows her around the house copying what she does, and she always stays longer than she is supposed to.

She comes every 2 weeks, though - if I was just doing a big one-time cleaning (ahhh, a dream of mine) or if multiple people were coming, I do not think that I would tip - nor would it be expected.

Hope that helps!

wagner36

Hope that helps!

wagner36

Hope that helps!

wagner36

Hope that helps!

luvmypeanut
06-03-2005, 01:47 PM
If it's a cleaning service then I do not tip. If it's a cleaning lady I usually give a xmas bonus but again, do not tip every week. Unless she's done something extra as Marisa stated.

And I have used the Maids and they were good.

luvmypeanut
If it's a cleaning service then I do not tip. If it's a cleaning lady I usually give a xmas bonus but again, do not tip every week. Unless she's done something extra as Marisa stated.

luvmypeanut

luvmypeanut