PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch Bill Clinton on Talk of the Nation (NPR) today?

kristine_elen
06-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I only heard the last half (I plan to listen to the replay online), but it really made me miss him. It was so wonderful to hear a president who had a very firm grasp on all the issues, and on world history, and who could express very well-reasoned thoughts in an articulate and interesting way. (No simplistic one liners followed by a nervous giggle.)

kristine_elen
I only heard the last half (I plan to listen to the replay online), but it really made me miss him. It was so wonderful to hear a president who had a very firm grasp on all the issues, and on world history, and who could express very well-reasoned thoughts in an articulate and interesting way. (No simplistic one liners followed by a nervous giggle.)

kristine_elen

kristine_elen

Calmegja2
06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Yes, and I absolutely share your sentiment. Wholeheartedly.

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

Calmegja2

MelissaTC
06-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I missed him. :( But I share your sentiment. I really miss Bill.

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MelissaTC

MarisaSF
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
;) I had similar thoughts. He is so smart. What you say is true. It is very refreshing hearing him in a non-political forum, where his conversation is not confined to talking points.

Speaking of smart, if you happened to catch the Science Friday afterwards about Gamma Ray Bursts, the guest is a good friend of ours. :)

MarisaSF
;) I had similar thoughts. He is so smart. What you say is true. It is very refreshing hearing him in a non-political forum, where his conversation is not confined to talking points.

Speaking of smart, if you happened to catch the Science Friday afterwards about Gamma Ray Bursts, the guest is a good friend of ours. :)

MarisaSF

MarisaSF

squimp
06-03-2005, 03:56 PM
I missed it too, but I MISS HIM as well!

BTW, they had a skit on SNL a while back - GW Bush was doing a press conference, and had GHW Bush and Bill Clinton standing next to him, providing advice. GW Bush would stumble to answer a question, then his dad would roll his eyes, then Bill Clinton would say "what he means to say is....", then provide an informed, articulate answer to the questions. The GW would say "yeah....what he said." It was funny but also made me nostalgic and a bit sad.

squimp

BTW, they had a skit on SNL a while back - GW Bush was doing a press conference, and had GHW Bush and Bill Clinton standing next to him, providing advice. GW Bush would stumble to answer a question, then his dad would roll his eyes, then Bill Clinton would say "what he means to say is....", then provide an informed, articulate answer to the questions. The GW would say "yeah....what he said." It was funny but also made me nostalgic and a bit sad.

squimp

squimp

JLiebCamm
06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I miss him too! He is such an intelligent man.

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

JLiebCamm

saschalicks
06-03-2005, 04:05 PM
AMEN!!!! I could not agree w/you more.

saschalicks

saschalicks

saschalicks

icunurse
06-03-2005, 04:10 PM
*sigh* Now you guys are making me all nostaglic. I didn't catch it, but I can listen to him speak anytime. I have missed him for a while...he may have made some questionable choices, but his charisma and intelligence are missed. (all this said while humming "don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow, don't stop, it'll soon be here....."
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040204/2/2/4/-6/.png[/img][/url]

icunurse
*sigh* Now you guys are making me all nostaglic. I didn't catch it, but I can listen to him speak anytime. I have missed him for a while...he may have made some questionable choices, but his charisma and intelligence are missed. (all this said while humming "don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow, don't stop, it'll soon be here....."
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

icunurse
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

icunurse
Traci
~Connor's Mom~

aliceinwonderland
06-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Missed that but I saw him on CNN recently and miss him so much...Very nostalgic here too. Ah, for a guy who can speak publicly and resist the urge to smirk when he correctly pronounces a common word (IF he correctly pronouces it, that is...)

aliceinwonderland
Missed that but I saw him on CNN recently and miss him so much...Very nostalgic here too. Ah, for a guy who can speak publicly and resist the urge to smirk when he correctly pronounces a common word (IF he correctly pronouces it, that is...)

aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland

ddmarsh
06-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I agree and yes I did hear him - love that show and try and catch it as much as possible. Listening to him is unfortunately in these times like a tall drink of water in the desert.

ddmarsh
I agree and yes I did hear him - love that show and try and catch it as much as possible. Listening to him is unfortunately in these times like a tall drink of water in the desert.

ddmarsh

ddmarsh

asha
06-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes, I am almost done listening to him now. For those who missed, you can listen to it online. Here is a link
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4676259

Yup, miss him a lot. Even though I was not here in America for most of his presidency.

asha
Yes, I am almost done listening to him now. For those who missed, you can listen to it online. Here is a link

Yup, miss him a lot. Even though I was not here in America for most of his presidency.

asha

asha

redhookmom
06-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I felt safe listening to Bill Clinton...

redhookmom

redhookmom

jerseygirl07067
06-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I totally hear ya!

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
I totally hear ya!

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
I totally hear ya!

Marcy

CiderLogan
06-03-2005, 11:16 PM
No, I never get to listen to NPR much anymore since I usually am driving with a toddler in the car, but I saw him on CNN and had the same thoughts as you. He is so smart and also so well-spoken - I certainly miss having a leader like that.

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

CiderLogan
No, I never get to listen to NPR much anymore since I usually am driving with a toddler in the car, but I saw him on CNN and had the same thoughts as you. He is so smart and also so well-spoken - I certainly miss having a leader like that.

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

CiderLogan

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

ellies mom
06-04-2005, 12:48 AM
"It was so wonderful to hear a president who had a very firm grasp on all the issues, and on world history, and who could express very well-reasoned thoughts in an articulate and interesting way."

What an interesting concept. DH and I were having this very conversation while listening to him in the car. We miss him too.

ellies mom
"It was so wonderful to hear a president who had a very firm grasp on all the issues, and on world history, and who could express very well-reasoned thoughts in an articulate and interesting way."

What an interesting concept. DH and I were having this very conversation while listening to him in the car. We miss him too.

ellies mom