PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to use self tanner ?

TraciG
06-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I have see through skin, I wish I could go to the beach like the olden days all summer & get burnt then finally get a tan & read, ahhhhh those relaxing days !!!!!!

Anyway I have never used self tanner, thinking about it, any good one's to use ?

TraciG
I have see through skin, I wish I could go to the beach like the olden days all summer & get burnt then finally get a tan & read, ahhhhh those relaxing days !!!!!!

Anyway I have never used self tanner, thinking about it, any good one's to use ?

TraciG

stella
06-03-2005, 11:56 PM
I have just bought some of that Jergens self-tanner - I am not near it now so I can't say what it's called, but it's in the lotion section and it's flying of the shelves!

It works beautifully and doesn't streak. It gives a very natural-looking, even shade. I love it! In a minute I will look at it and give you the name.

Best of all, it's inexpensive on comparison to many of the dept store brands.

Claire

stella
I have just bought some of that Jergens self-tanner - I am not near it now so I can't say what it's called, but it's in the lotion section and it's flying of the shelves!

It works beautifully and doesn't streak. It gives a very natural-looking, even shade. I love it! In a minute I will look at it and give you the name.

Claire

stella

Claire

heatherlynn
06-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Is it Jergens Natural Glow? I just bought some off ebay - can't find it anywhere here and I heard it was good, so I thought I'd give it a try.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05

heatherlynn
Is it Jergens Natural Glow? I just bought some off ebay - can't find it anywhere here and I heard it was good, so I thought I'd give it a try.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05

heatherlynn

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05

trumansmom
06-04-2005, 07:06 AM
It's funny, I read about how hard to find it was in a People magazine that I bought at the same time I bought it! The shelves at my local Target are fully stocked. Maybe I should go buy some and sell it on Ebay!

I used it yesterday, and can definitely tell a difference. I've always referred to myself as having "glow in the dark" skin, and this was my first time using any sort of sunless tanning. I'm not sure if this is the solution for me. It worked okay on my legs and basically just cut the glare, but my arms aren't quite as natural looking. I may just switch to using it on my legs, and let nature do the work on my arms. It definitely was easy to use. But if you have reddish undertones to your skin, you may not be thrilled with the results.

Just my 2 cents...

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

trumansmom
It's funny, I read about how hard to find it was in a People magazine that I bought at the same time I bought it! The shelves at my local Target are fully stocked. Maybe I should go buy some and sell it on Ebay!

I used it yesterday, and can definitely tell a difference. I've always referred to myself as having "glow in the dark" skin, and this was my first time using any sort of sunless tanning. I'm not sure if this is the solution for me. It worked okay on my legs and basically just cut the glare, but my arms aren't quite as natural looking. I may just switch to using it on my legs, and let nature do the work on my arms. It definitely was easy to use. But if you have reddish undertones to your skin, you may not be thrilled with the results.

Just my 2 cents...

Jeanne

trumansmom

Just my 2 cents...

Jeanne

TraciG
06-04-2005, 07:14 AM
thanks everyone, in Parenting magazine they actually recommend the Jergens for fair skin, they also recommend Neutrogena Micromist tanning sunlesss spray, anyone used that one ?

TraciG
thanks everyone, in Parenting magazine they actually recommend the Jergens for fair skin, they also recommend Neutrogena Micromist tanning sunlesss spray, anyone used that one ?

TraciG

lmariana
06-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Benefit also came out with a new one that's a temporary tan. You can put on a little or a lot for the desired effect and then it washes off with soap and water in the shower. www.benefitcosmetics.com It's called Jiffy Tan. Free shipping through June 7th on all orders, code "FSTF"

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm a huge Benefit fan. If you want to check it out in person first, some department stores have a Benefit counter, and Sephora also carries it.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/0/0/1/-5/.png

lmariana
Benefit also came out with a new one that's a temporary tan. You can put on a little or a lot for the desired effect and then it washes off with soap and water in the shower. www.benefitcosmetics.com It's called Jiffy Tan. Free shipping through June 7th on all orders, code "FSTF"

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm a huge Benefit fan. If you want to check it out in person first, some department stores have a Benefit counter, and Sephora also carries it.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby

lmariana

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby

squimp
06-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I had one of the Neutrogena sprays, and preferred it as my first try at sunless tanning. It might depend on what you like - e.g., I really like spray sunscreen, etc., because it's easier to get good coverage and I never had any streaking.

The main thing is to wash your hands with soap when you're done so that you don't end up with brown palms.

Another good trick is to mix moisturizer with the lotions. I do this to make the change less dramatic, then continue "building" my tan over the year. Haha, tan :) - I am really really fair skinned - luckily DD has her dad's mediterranean skin.

squimp
06-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I had one of the Neutrogena sprays, and preferred it as my first try at sunless tanning. It might depend on what you like - e.g., I really like spray sunscreen, etc., because it's easier to get good coverage and I never had any streaking.

The main thing is to wash your hands with soap when you're done so that you don't end up with brown palms.

Another good trick is to mix moisturizer with the lotions. I do this to make the change less dramatic, then continue "building" my tan over the year. Haha, tan :) - I am really really fair skinned - luckily DD has her dad's mediterranean skin.

Mikesa3
06-04-2005, 02:10 PM
This sounds neat but I wonder if you have to worry about it rubbing off on clothes or furniture...
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Mikesa3
06-04-2005, 02:10 PM
This sounds neat but I wonder if you have to worry about it rubbing off on clothes or furniture...

Mikesa3
06-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I saw a review on Good Morning America the other week.Here's a link http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthyWoman/story?id=780269&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312 it doesn't mention the Jergens one but I'm sure that was on there too.
edited because I just realized the link doesn't really give the review.Now I'm wondering if this is the show I saw it on because I think the show I saw tested where they go in a booth to tan too.All the tans seemed pretty equal.

Mikesa3
06-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I saw a review on Good Morning America the other week.Here's a link http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthyWoman/story?id=780269&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312 it doesn't mention the Jergens one but I'm sure that was on there too.
edited because I just realized the link doesn't really give the review.Now I'm wondering if this is the show I saw it on because I think the show I saw tested where they go in a booth to tan too.All the tans seemed pretty equal.

Calmegja2
06-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Our Benefit guy (love him, he's the best) isn't a fan of the Jiffy tan. He said they need to keep working at it, that it does rub off more than he's comfortable with.

For tanners, I like Coppertone Endless Summer, and the Neutrogena Micromist.

And I am as fair as fair can be, and they look nice and natural. The Neut. is easier to put on by yourself, but I found the Coppertone to last longer.

Calmegja2
06-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Our Benefit guy (love him, he's the best) isn't a fan of the Jiffy tan. He said they need to keep working at it, that it does rub off more than he's comfortable with.

For tanners, I like Coppertone Endless Summer, and the Neutrogena Micromist.

And I am as fair as fair can be, and they look nice and natural. The Neut. is easier to put on by yourself, but I found the Coppertone to last longer.

jerseygirl07067
06-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I have used it. Totally awesome once you get the application process down. I am very fair and it's a lifesaver (really, ego saver :)) when going to the beach. I have used Neutrogena and it is pretty good. Jergens Natural Glow is good and I plan on using some when I go to my husband's 20th HS reunion in a few weeks. This way you can look good and save your skin.

Marcy

jerseygirl07067
06-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I have used it. Totally awesome once you get the application process down. I am very fair and it's a lifesaver (really, ego saver :)) when going to the beach. I have used Neutrogena and it is pretty good. Jergens Natural Glow is good and I plan on using some when I go to my husband's 20th HS reunion in a few weeks. This way you can look good and save your skin.

Marcy

TraciG
06-04-2005, 03:37 PM
OMG MY daughter also has her father's middle eastern skin, he's Persian !

TraciG
06-04-2005, 03:37 PM
OMG MY daughter also has her father's middle eastern skin, he's Persian !

TraciG
06-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Do u use the tanner on your face too ?

TraciG
06-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Do u use the tanner on your face too ?

jerseygirl07067
06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, though I noticed it makes my face a tad dry.

jerseygirl07067
06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, though I noticed it makes my face a tad dry.

ddmarsh
06-05-2005, 08:39 AM
I read last night that stores are going to re-stocked on June 13 with the Jergens. I actually marked it on my calender ;).