PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who get manicures/pedicures, how did you choose your salon?

jadamom
06-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I've never had a pedicure, and now that sandal season is here, I'm thinking it's about time! How did you go about choosing your salon? I'm thinking about just going to Nordstrom's Spa. Any recommendations anyone?

jadamom
I've never had a pedicure, and now that sandal season is here, I'm thinking it's about time! How did you go about choosing your salon? I'm thinking about just going to Nordstrom's Spa. Any recommendations anyone?

jadamom

CiderLogan
06-03-2005, 11:55 PM
I love getting pedicures! What a treat! My best bet so far has been little local spa/salon places. You could just do a search online for local spas or call places you see as you drive around. I've also gone to some of the larger chains (like Spa Sydell in the Atlanta area) but haven't been quite as happy with the value/experience vs. the money.

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

CiderLogan
I love getting pedicures! What a treat! My best bet so far has been little local spa/salon places. You could just do a search online for local spas or call places you see as you drive around. I've also gone to some of the larger chains (like Spa Sydell in the Atlanta area) but haven't been quite as happy with the value/experience vs. the money.

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

CiderLogan

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

Marisa6826
06-04-2005, 12:41 AM
I followed the woman I used to go to in Hoboken to the place she's at now (which happens to be 10 minutes from my house).

I've not had good luck at the Asian quickie places. The quality is never consistent, they smell strongly of chemicals and I've gotten infections a couple times. Sure, they're cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Another good way to find somebody is to ask anyone whose manicure looks nice.

Nordy's Spa probably has some good techs.

Have fun and don't forget to bring your flip flops!

-m

Marisa6826
I followed the woman I used to go to in Hoboken to the place she's at now (which happens to be 10 minutes from my house).

I've not had good luck at the Asian quickie places. The quality is never consistent, they smell strongly of chemicals and I've gotten infections a couple times. Sure, they're cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

-m

Marisa6826

-m

spencersmommy
06-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Ask friends for recommendations or go check them out. A lot of hair salons do it, too, so you can go to a nicer salon. I bet Nordstroms has great ones, but you could probably find cheaper places. Go to one that does the spa pedicure, where you soak your feet and they have massage chairs...ahhh...my DH has a thing about feet looking good so as soon as it gets warm, he is bugging me to go...no complaints here! :-) have fun!!!! Yes, don't forget flip flops.

spencersmommy
Ask friends for recommendations or go check them out. A lot of hair salons do it, too, so you can go to a nicer salon. I bet Nordstroms has great ones, but you could probably find cheaper places. Go to one that does the spa pedicure, where you soak your feet and they have massage chairs...ahhh...my DH has a thing about feet looking good so as soon as it gets warm, he is bugging me to go...no complaints here! :-) have fun!!!! Yes, don't forget flip flops.

spencersmommy

sidmand
06-04-2005, 12:30 PM
My friend and I really wanted to go together and ended up searcing through the Best of Boston magazine to find one.

Kind of funny though--we were walking by the first time and went up just to see if there were any cancellations (hah!) and we got back in the elevator and looked at each other and said, "the receptionist was a man/woman wasn't he/she?"

I honestly don't have any problems with women/men/sexuality, but this was a man dressed as a woman in just regular old clothes--which I'd never seen before. I've seen people dressed to the nines, but this was just chino pants and a button down shirt. I guess everyone has regular days!

Sorry, a bit off-topic--but we really liked the pedicurist and have been going back (albeit not very frequently) ever since.

Debbie
http://lilypie.com/days/050619/0/8/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

It's a boy! Now we just need to come up with a name! About 99% sure we're going with Sawyer...

sidmand
06-04-2005, 12:30 PM
My friend and I really wanted to go together and ended up searcing through the Best of Boston magazine to find one.

Kind of funny though--we were walking by the first time and went up just to see if there were any cancellations (hah!) and we got back in the elevator and looked at each other and said, "the receptionist was a man/woman wasn't he/she?"

I honestly don't have any problems with women/men/sexuality, but this was a man dressed as a woman in just regular old clothes--which I'd never seen before. I've seen people dressed to the nines, but this was just chino pants and a button down shirt. I guess everyone has regular days!

Sorry, a bit off-topic--but we really liked the pedicurist and have been going back (albeit not very frequently) ever since.

Debbie
http://lilypie.com/days/050619/0/8/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

It's a boy! Now we just need to come up with a name! About 99% sure we're going with Sawyer...

jadamom
06-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks, everyone! It never occurred to me to bring flip-flops! :)

jadamom
06-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks, everyone! It never occurred to me to bring flip-flops! :)