PDA

View Full Version : Quotable quotes by your DC

barbarhow
06-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Jack had a classic today. We are still laughing.... "Turn off the tv, Daddy! Wanna go outside!" Poor DH was just trying to get the golf standings after coming in from doing yardwork ALL day. Poor Daddy.
Tell yours!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

Marisa6826
06-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Sophie told me yesterday that it's bad to throw rocks and bones.

I'm constantly telling her to stop throwing Glamis' bones in case you're wondering.

D'oh!

-m

Thatchermom
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Thatcher was looking at a catalog with DH today that had superhero characters in it. He was naming them all, Superman, Spiderman, etc. He got to one he didn't know and asked DH, who told him it was Wonder Woman. DS was quiet for a minute, then asked "What does she wonder about?" Good question!

barbarhow
06-05-2005, 06:57 PM
OMG that is too funny!!!

mudder17
06-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Hee, hee! That is so cute! I loved Wonder Woman! (the show--I didn't read the comic books)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

slknight
06-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, Alex LOVES Sesame Street. He especially likes the "Journey to Ernie" segment when Ernie hides and Big Bird has to find him. For some reason, he has taken to yelling "ErnieBigBirdErnie" when he is upset. So if he doesn't want to get in the car, or come inside or something, we hear "ErnieBigBirdErnie." I have no idea why he uses this phrase when he's upset, but it's actually really funny to hear him protesting. :)

Elilly
06-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Let's see....
"No cubbies daddy"- when Nate is watching a Cubs game!
"Be nice daddy"- when Nate swats my rear end when he walks by (in a loving way of course!). She even gets "the tone"!

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Tristan says "I'M PLOKA....OKAY????????"
Ploka (sure to be misspelled) is "misbehaving" in Ukraine and the family word when we are trying to tell one the boys they are being "mischievious/bad"...

Obviously we all must be telling poor T that he is "ploka" to often...
But he seems to tell us he is Ploka with pure bragging rights!!!!!
I'd say he prety proud of himself with that label - lucky us :)

And that "Okay"...is more like "OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY"

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

barbarhow
06-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Jack has been afraid to go down in the basement lately because he is afraid of the furnace. The other day, in an effort to soothe his fear I explained to him that the furnace is our friend and that it gets loud when it is working hard to keep us warm. Today he went down to the basement with DH, waved to the furnace and said "I love you furnace." I guess my little talk helped :-) although, as DH said, kind of makes you wonder how he can love the furnace as much as mommy and daddy.

C99
06-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, I can't think of any quotables from Nate of late. But, a couple of cute things he's been doing:

- On Friday, we were in the car and Rose was fussing, so I sang "Wheels on the Bus," which was always the "calm Nate down" song and he started to sing it with me, which was a first. Too cute. (By the end of the ride, they were both out cold.)

- Also on Friday, I took him to a local bookstore's story time. He was sitting on the floor on pillows and got bored/distracted and turned around to look behind him. A little girl about 3 was sitting directly behind him and he kept staring at her and trying to get close to her face -- I think he wanted to kiss her, but she was old enough to be weirded out by it.

- He calls all of his grandparents "Pa" (probably from me saying "Grandma and Grandpa" all the time). Today, we were at a family party and J.'s grandmother was there...so in the car, he was talking about seeing "Great Pa" as well as "Pa."

- This might be a quotable. I asked him if he wanted to go to the park or the library the other day and he answered library, which really shocked the heck out of me (tho' I was so proud...).

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Gasped...and said..."Mommy's pee pee is broken"...

Before you think I am deformed "Down there"...I am assuming that it was for lack of a "pee pee" as he knew it:)
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

mharling
06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
LOL!!!!!!! That's classic!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

mharling
06-05-2005, 10:19 PM
We were just without electricity for 18 hours. Lane kept asking for the Wiggles and Josie (a song from Music Together) and we kept telling him we couldn't because we didn't have power. He would just repeat "No power" with a sad, sad face.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

C99
06-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Oh Mary! In this heat? I am so sorry that you were w/o power for so long!!

DDowning
06-05-2005, 10:22 PM
C was with me in the backyard this week while I was watering the plants that our splinkers can't quite get too. He calmly looked up and asked "whatchyadu" (what are you doing?). I asked what? And he calmly said it again. Shocked the heck out of both DH and I as he's very late on the talking spectrum (been diagnosed as having a 12 month vocabulary).

mharling
06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Dh would disagree with me, but it really wasn't that bad. It was off from just before 8 last night until about 1:30 this afternoon. We kept all the blinds/curtains closed and it never got super, super hot. We got out of the house this morning to go out for breakfast and that helped too. We were just plotting how to move our frozen stuff to a friend's house when it came back on.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

tigalig
06-06-2005, 12:01 AM
This is a funny thread and I think I have a good contribution. My 3yo ds called out in the night (ten or so), telling me that he had to go to the bathroom. He calls out alot for different things, but this one always gets me up and running. He really had to go and he was half sleepy too. As I was pulling up his pajama bottoms, he said, "Mama, you're the best bottom wiper." :o

jubilee
06-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I was in the car in a busy parking lot the other day, and this lady stopped her car in the middle of the eisle to just wait for a spot... however she blocked the whole eisle so I (and the 10 cars behind me) couldn't pass. I exclaimed "Move Chicky!" outloud (the other driver never heard me) however the little ears in the backseat DID- so for the past few days every time his path is blocked, Logan exclaims "Move Chicky!" :( Better watch my mouth, but it certainly could be worse!

MarisaSF
06-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Alas, no quotables from Jazz yet, but LOL, Ida -- I love "best bottom wiper"!!

aliceinwonderland
06-06-2005, 08:57 AM
That is just too funny!! Classic!

I myself (that obviously KNOW better, LOL!) have only been, umm exposed to a little boy for a few months now, helped my cousin change her newborn GIRL when they came up for Erik's birthday, when the diaper came off, for one little second I was startled, like something was "missing" down there...I even told her that and we started laughing like mad for she only has two girls and would likely be startled if she had to change a boy's diaper. LOL.

Bethann31
06-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Not particularly hilarious, but Katherine has taken to calling her daddy, David, when she is looking for him. I guess because I call him that, and the older kids call him that, she thinks she should call him that if she doesn't see him. As soon as he is in her sight, she quickly switches to Dada.

Beth
mom to:

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
Katherine 6/03

amp
06-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Not any one thing in particular, but he just uses so many of the phrases that he hears us use. It is so cute (at least so far!). He'll say things we do, like, "Cool, huh?!" Or "Come on....let's go!" Or, "Max! Stop eating grass!" He's just so funny, trying to be like us!

tigalig
06-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh Julie, that's funny. I called someone an "idiot" under my breath the other day and for the remainder of the day, ds asked, "is that person an idiot?"

tigalig
06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks, Marisa. I was thinking of changing my siggie to reflect my new title. But then people in RL and other boards would wonder . . . LOL

saschalicks
06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
This is so funny I read it to my DH! LMAO!

AngelaS
06-06-2005, 04:13 PM
My dh is apparently a redneck. Gabrielle gave proof to this the other night when she went running to him and said, "I pull your finger Daddy?"

:D

saschalicks
06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
LMAO. This is great! I need to read these more often. Maybe should do this every Monday. Once DS starts talking I'll be able to share.

DebbieJ
06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
My ds is going through a language explosion.

He is also really good at farting. When I hear him fart, I usually say something like "who tooted?"

So a couple of days ago, he just let one rip! He looked over at me, smiled, and said "ah too!" (I toot) I was ROTFLMAO!!!

He also fell on the driveway and ripped his knee open. I put a big bandaid on it. Now he reaches down to touch it and says "ah hur" (I hurt).

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

hez
06-06-2005, 04:19 PM
> Better watch my mouth, but it certainly could be worse!

Absolutely. Payton said 'uck' yesterday. And no, that wasn't because we said 'yuck'. Neither one of us is normally profane, but I've been letting some things fly right out of my mouth at work (really, *really* cruddy days lately), and apparently let it fly at home once this weekend.

Now, I'm just waiting for the sitter to give me a lecture when Payton runs around letting it fly some day. Hopefully yesterday's event shocked my system enough to cause me to be more careful, and we'll avoid the whole situation.

tny915
06-06-2005, 04:20 PM
We've recently been talking to DD about how nice it is to share. DH had a glass of water the other day and DD kept pointing at it and saying, "Try." I told her that was Daddy's glass and that she had her own glass. She looked at Daddy and commanded, "Share." He gave her a couple sips and then she smiles and says, "Nice."

These little people are just too cute!

bluej
06-06-2005, 05:41 PM
LOL! My dad would LOVE your little Gabrielle!

bluej
06-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Caden has a Hot Wheels movie and at the end there is some song and it says the word 'desire' a lot. Of course that is the one word Ryden picked up on and he goes around singing 'desiiiirrrrre on fiiiiiirrrrrrre'. Great.

papal
06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
LOL. These are so funny!!!
Leela asked for a IPE (wipe) and then wiped her bear's nose and told him very sternly, "SEE, SEE, SEE, a BOOGER!".

hez
06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
LOL!!!

This morning, when DH had Payton blow his nose, Payton said, "Boogie-- all gone!"

ETA: It's been 5 minutes, and I'm still laughing about Leela's quote :)