PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm in love with the lifeguard...

stella
06-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Today we (Wade, age almost 4, Anna, two and a half, and I) went swimming. Wade has been jumping off the diving board for the past two summers. Today he was jumping ("diving" as he calls it) and Anna and I were out in the water watching him and encouraging him.

Well, there were some bigger boys there and they were doing all kinds of fancy dives, so Wade decided to try a new "dive" and he started jumping off backwards. I was a little worried because I could tell he was getting tired and that's when he loses all coordination.

Sure enough, after jumping backwards 3 times or so, he lost his footing and fell - he hit his little face and his chest. Well, the (very handsome college student) lifeguard THREW off his sunglasses and dove into the deep end to rescue Wade. I nearly threw some child off the ladder trying to get out with an inner tube around my waist and Anna in my arms screaming "get out of my way - that's my baby!"

Wade, of course, was only upset that one of his batman floaties had come off, and once we got that back on, resumed diving (against my pleas of "let's take a little break"). I did insist that he only jump facing forward.

But I cannot begin to describe the rush of love that I felt for the gorgeous lifeguard who leapt from his seat to save my baby! I swear, I feel so stupid, but I have never felt such a surge of gratitude and adoration for anyone! While I thanked him profusely he said "that's okay, ma'am" and I wanted to say "don't call me ma'am," but I am 15 years older than he.

Wade is fine, but looks like he's been in a fight, HIs little chin is so scraped and bruised that his bible school teachers will probably call CPS tomorrow. I guess that cute lifeguard can corroborate my story!

I haven't had a crush in a long time, but he is such a hero to me now!! I'm looking forward to going back next weekend!

claire

mharling
06-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Great story (and complete with a superhero)!! I'm sad for Wade, laughing at you wanting to say 'don't call me ma'am' (based on talking about it here) and I have warm fuzzies with the thought of a stranger leaping to help your precious child.

Hugs to Wade and I'm glad you have something to look forward to this week. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

C99
06-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Claire,

What a cute story -- I am so glad that Wade is OK! Maybe the lifeguard thinks you are cute too? My husband was a lifeguard for 3 years and he still tells me funny stories about the "hot moms."

jbowman
06-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Claire,

I'm so glad that your son is ok, and that the lifeguard helped him! You'll have to pretend like you can't swim next weekend, and maybe he'll come to your rescue ;).

Wife_and_mommy
06-05-2005, 10:45 PM
That is a great story with a great ending. So glad Wade wasn't seriously hurt! My BIL split his chin as a child while "diving".

Crush away on the lifeguard...What a hero! :)

Elizabeth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://lilypie.com/days/060228/3/21/1/-5/.png

stella
06-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Sadly, I don't think I'm one of the hot moms. I think the skirt on my bathing suit probably precludes being a hot mom.

Maybe my adoration of him can make up for my baby weight? (the baby weight is now 2 1/2 years old!)

Hey, maybe I can lose the baby weight by SWIMMING LAPS!

hmmm...

bostonsmama
06-05-2005, 11:09 PM
How scary! So glad Wade is okay. The closest thing I can relate to is the neighbor who ran out infront of a car to stop it from running over my puppy. All I wanted to do was kiss him and bake him cookies for the next couple of months! Yes, my dog love is that deep. :D

Anyways, I can totally imagine the love you are feeling for the hotty lifeguard! He saved your baby! How cool. Need we ask for a pic of hotty lifeguard posing with rescued baby boy?

Do post if you go next weekend. If nothing, a picture will make from great blackmail on Wade's prom night.

Larissa

HannaAddict
06-05-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm so glad Wade is okay. And a cute lifeguard who is paying attention is hot!

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

kijip
06-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Glad it all turned out ok. How scary!

Yes, lose the baby weight while swimming laps!

And just an idea- maybe you could write the lifeguard's supervisor a big fat letter of praise? I know that my frined that worked as a lifeguard got better shifts/more hours/more flexible arrangements for needed days off as she piled up praise from parents. If nothing else, getting a commendation might help him get hired next summer....

MartiesMom2B
06-06-2005, 06:06 AM
I'm glad that Wade is ok. What an exciting story though. I hope the cute life guard is there again next weekend.

-Sonia
Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

cinrein
06-06-2005, 06:54 AM
How scary Claire!! That is one of my big fears---that Anna is in trouble and I can't get to her quickly enough. Thank goodness Wade is pretty much OK. And what a plus that a hottie saved him!! Just think how nice it will be to have him looking out for you guys all summer. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

amp
06-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Awww, that's such a sweet story! I'm glad Wade wasn't really hurt. And I felt the same rush of adoration for that lifeguard, and I wasn't even there. I can totally get what you mean!