PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant recs for Hilton Head Island?

laretce6
06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
We're leaving for Hilton Head on Thursday evening and will be there about a week. The ILs have a timeshare and we'll be there with MIL, SIL/BIL and our nephew (21 months). This will be my third trip and there are a few restaurants we like, but for the most part the ILs have been going to the same places for 10+ years and um, they aren't very good (I sound like a snob, but honestly they just aren't that discerning in terms of food IYKWIM). DH and I are hoping to introduce them to some new spots.

Anyone have any great recommendations (somewhat kid friendly is preferable, but doesn't neccesarily have to be a crayons on the table type place).

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

octmom
06-07-2005, 08:58 AM
My folks have been going to HHI for around 10 years or so and they always go to the Oyster Factory. We went there with them two summers ago and I thought it was OK, but I wasn't blown away by the food. There is often a looooooong wait, but there is a deck out back (on the water) with live music where you can hang out while you wait. We also went to a nicer (white tablecloth) restaurant on a golf course right at Harbour Town (can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was pretty small) and I thought the food was good. I was pregnant at the time, but from what I remember, I probably wouldn't bring DS there since it seemed a bit more formal. My folks also have mentioned someplace called Charley's Crab, which I think is another touristy spot. I haven't been, so I can't tell you if the food is any good.

DH and I ate at a family-friendly Italian place that I think was called Fratellos. The food was pretty good. We also went to a BBQ place caled the Smokehouse that is definitely kid-friendly.

When we were there last summer, DS was young and we stayed at the house my parents had just built, so we ate at their house a lot. We're going back down in early August, just after my parents move to HHI permanently from Long Island, so let me know if you have any recommendations-- restaurants or outings-- after your trip.

Have fun!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

TonFirst
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
REDFISH. Yum. It's pwned by the same guy who runs Alexander's in Palmetto Dunes.

There is also a wonderful italian restaurant - one of my favorites, in fact, and I'm a professed food snob - called Antonio's in Wexford Village, in the same part of the shopping center as Island Child. It is kid-friendly - at least, they've always been great about my nephew, who was 6 months the first time we went there and 18 months when we went there last summer.

(Now I'm all excited for our week in HHI next month - woohoo!)

octmom
06-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Yay! I am making a mental note of Redfish and Antonio's. :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

laretce6
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks ladies. I'll jot down all your suggestions and add it to my growing pile of stuff to pack :-) Jerilyn I knew there was someone from VA with parents moving to HH, I just couldn't remember who!

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04