PDA

View Full Version : So my DH bought me roses...

toomanystrollers
06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
He came home from work last night with a dozen - I thought "wow" - he got an early jump on our anniversary (today - 8 years). I asked him this morning, "so what are the roses for?" - he said "for being a jerk the other day". I told "gee, I thought the roses were for our anniversary??"

By the look of shock on his face, he totally FORGOT our anniversary!

He's a very lucky man with incredible timing b/c I think the whole situation is too funny to be angry!

SIGH....

bluej
06-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Congratulations Pam and DH!

That's TOO funny about the roses and forgetting your anniversay (well it's not, but you know what I mean)! My DH knows what date my birthday is, what date our anniversary is and all of that, yet he always forgets when the actual day rolls around. I keep reminding him that our 15th is coming up and for awhile there he looked thougtful, like maybe he was trying to commit it to memory and thinking of what to get me. But nah, just the other day he said 'can't we count the house we just bought as your gift?' Uh, no, we can't, but I can make sure you do get me something appropriate and nice, even if I have to pick it out and buy it myself!

mamahill
06-07-2005, 05:29 PM
ROFL! At least he brought roses for being a jerk? And now he can get you an anniversary AND a sorry-i-forgot-our-anniversary gifts!

jd11365
06-07-2005, 05:30 PM
The poor sap didn't even play it off like he was just joking???

"Ha, ha honey...of course they're for our anniversary...go put on a great dress, and go out to dinner!"

Has this man learned nothing in 8 years??? ;)

Happy Anniversary!

papal
06-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Happy Anniversary Pam!!!!! I wonder what the apology gift for this gaff is going to be?! heeheee!!

jubilee
06-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Pam, that is classic! Now he owes you more roses for being a jerk today too :) And happy anniversary- hope you have a lifetime of anniversary roses from him!

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-07-2005, 05:46 PM
He is a keeper...but I doubt you needed to be told that!!!
Good job hubby!!!!

I've always wanted to start a business where I help hubby's remember b-days anniversarys etc... I woudl keep a data base of info that they could email me real quickly like wife mentioned a keychain she likes...and then find them best price etc...

Hubby's don't realize how little things like this make us so happy and can get them "sum" :)

Congrats girlie!!!!

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

kensjen
06-07-2005, 05:47 PM
That is sooo funny, really it is! Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy your day, and your roses!

I hope he is off thinking of a way to make up for this......LOL :)

COElizabeth
06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
LOL! The roses were certainly a nice gesture, though!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

jasabo
06-07-2005, 06:13 PM
OMG that's hilarious! I hope you guys have a great anniversary :0

Lisa - mom to 23 month old twin boys

starrynight
06-07-2005, 06:14 PM
LOL!! Well at least he bought you roses for being a jerk :). Happy Anniversary!

rrosen
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Pam,
Congrats on 8 years! Wonder what he will come home with tomorrow?

pritchettzoo
06-07-2005, 06:38 PM
That is hysterical Pam! I bet he appreciates your sense of humor now more than ever. :)

Congratulations on 8 years!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

jbowman
06-07-2005, 07:05 PM
LOL, Pam! That is one for the record books & a great story! You have a wonderful sense of humor!

heidis2girls
06-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Pam, that's a great story! I'm sorry he forgot your anniversary, but I hope you have a happy one! And I hope he makes it up to you tomorrow! ;-)

cvharris
06-07-2005, 07:59 PM
LOL!!!

Happy Anniversary Pam!

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
Expecting #2 in December!

mudder17
06-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Hee, hee, that's hilarious and so sweet! I've never gotten flowers (let alone roses) from DH, so I think your DH is definitely a keeper!

Happy Anniversary Pam!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

barbarhow
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Happy anniversary! I hear the sigh. Our anniversary is exactly 6 months after DHs birthday. I remind him of that constantly-he still can't remember when it is. I made reservations the other day for our anniv. dinner out. I knew he wouldn't remember. I am so glad you got roses-even if they were for another reason. Hey do we get to know how he was being a "jerk"? Hope you had a great anniversary!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

brigmaman
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Happy Anniversary!!

jubilee
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Neve, I want my husband to hire you! :)

toomanystrollers
06-08-2005, 05:42 AM
>The poor sap didn't even play it off like he was just
>joking???
>
>"Ha, ha honey...of course they're for our anniversary...go put
>on a great dress, and go out to dinner!"
>
>Has this man learned nothing in 8 years??? ;)
>
>Happy Anniversary!

Jamie,
DH is a very bad actor!! LOL

Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone! We're going out tommorow night sans children!!

cinrein
06-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Happy Anniversary Pam!!! At least you got roses one way or another. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

jk3
06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Happy Anniversary!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Virginia Dad
06-08-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't know how many of use Microsoft Outlook, but I think the little reminders you can set on it are a godsend. If I could figure out a way to program my fellow males brains to have the same type of reminder system, I bet I would make a ton of money. For some reason, part of the reason males exist is to do stupid things for women to laugh at.

g-mama
06-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Pam,

You and I were married on the exact same day! Yesterday (June 7) was our 8th wedding anniversary, too! :)

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
and a third one coming in december '05!

zuzu
06-08-2005, 01:48 PM
How funny - good thing for DH you have a great sense of humor.

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-08-2005, 01:50 PM
:)
I'd be so good at this...spending someones elses money and grande things!!!! :)
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (2) and baby girl Bronwyn born March 10th!!!!

stefani
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
At least you got roses....LOL!

Just kidding, my DH is a wonderful person.

Our wedding anniversary is just 10 days after DS's birthday (DS was actually due on our anniversary, but came 10 days early). So, as you can imagine, the first anniv. after DS's birth was very low key, the 2nd. one, I got him a card (after all we are still sleep deprived, and was busy planning DS's birthday party).

DH said "Wow, thank you, what for?", and I said "Open it" and then he had the "look" and tried to recover "O yes, of course"... Too bad I knew him well enough by then... LOL! He got me a card later that day.

For Valentine's Day he sent multiple vases of flowers to my office, and not just once (I am not sure if it is twice or three times already!), so the guys in my office said that he set a bad example for all the husbands, and the women drooled over my flowers. So, that makes it up :-)

Enjoy your celebration Pam (and the roses)!

toomanystrollers
06-08-2005, 08:43 PM
How funny Kristen!!! And soon you'll be a mom to three as well :)

I hope your anniversary wasn't as "funny" as mine!! LOL

toomanystrollers
06-08-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm glad to hear my DH isn't the only forgetful one! I guess I'll keep him :)

mudder17
06-08-2005, 08:51 PM
You know what? It's not only males that have trouble remembering things, especially once the kids come along! I use XReminder Pro for the same reason. Anything that's not in there is hit or miss as to whether I remember it (mostly miss, LOL!). :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!