PDA

View Full Version : Any LA Moms here? Also, support appreciated!

candybomiller
06-19-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm seriously considering attending a makeup school in Los Angeles to become a professional makeup artist. I'm just wondering if there are any Moms in the area so I'm not so completely on my own!

Now, can anyone tell me that this isn't just an insane decision on my part? I love makeup and really want to do something where I work with women to help them feel good about themselves. I don't want to work with models or actors, just everyday women. So I'm thinking if I get some experience making people over, I can have my own little studio here in Montana. Is this nuts??

bunnisa
06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
I think that sounds really cool! And tangibly rewarding. You could set your own hours and it seems it would be low-stress, too.

I say go for it!

Bethany
mom to William 6/03
and another little one due late Feb '06!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png

elliput
06-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Go for it Candy! I personally do not wear much make-up, however I look at the application as an art form so I can understand your desire from a creative standpoint.

Melanie
06-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Check your PMs Candy!

mommyj_2
06-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Go for it! If you can make money doing something you love, that is the best thing. My sister quit in her last year of college to go to beauty school, and she has been really happy with her decision. She is AMAZING at what she does, and she has been really successful. Her clients love her, and she loves making them look and feel good.
I just did a spa party with my friends, and it was really fun helping everyone get pampered.
Also, I think you should definitely go through school no matter what you end up doing with it. You could always do makeup for weddings, big events, hold facial parties, etc. I think every class or type of training you get in life has the potential to open up your life to new opportunities you wouldn't have had otherwise.
Good luck!

saschalicks
06-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Candy,
I live in LA and have for most of my life (went elsewhere for college). I say do what makes you happy. You only live once!