PDA

View Full Version : Way OT - How do you put on your bra?

Marisa6826
06-20-2005, 01:24 AM
I know. Silly question. I've always put it on backwards, hooked, twisted around and loaded in the girls by bending over, then adjusted things as necessary for, ahem, alignment. ;)

I can take it off with one hand from behind, but no WAY can I put it on that way.

*sigh* My kingdom for freakishly large front hook bras...

So how do you do it?

-m

bostonsmama
06-20-2005, 01:36 AM
I tried to do the fasten in front then twist but it always caused a weird burn. Besides, after watching Oprah's bra special, I know that if you can twist it around your chest, the band is probably too big. A too-big band makes the back ride up, making boobies sag lower. It also pushes that arm chub further up.

I wear a 38D, and I put my two arms into the front, pull the underwire under each breast, then fasten it in the back (I'm a pro now after a decade of doing it), make sure the band is "down" and level with the front, then I pull my nipples up within the bra because (as per the thread on sagging), they tend to point towards the floor if not. It kind of gives me the teenaged "stand up and beg" look without the cosmetic surgery.

Kimberly H
06-20-2005, 04:54 AM
I do it the same way but these 40DD's never look perky, LOL! Then again, neither does the rest of me ;)

AngelaS
06-20-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm over-endowed as well and put it on like the previous posters--frontwards. :D

dowlinal
06-20-2005, 09:47 AM
You know I just got the image of you washing your car out of my head .....

I'm a behind the back kind of gal but I just realized that I need two hands either way.

BTW - I think world of bras (WOB) by me has front hook ones in our size.

A

Moneypenny
06-20-2005, 09:49 AM
I used to do it frontwards, back when my prepregnancy boobs only required a 1 or 2-hook closure. The pregnancy and now the nursing boobs require a 3 hook closure, and I cannot for the life of me get all 3 hooked without looking, so now I do it the way Marisa does.

Susan
DD - Avery, born 8/5/04

psophia17
06-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Great thread!

I'm a 4-hooks kinda girl, and I do it behind my back.

I put my arms in, keep the cups up by my neck, get the hooks lined up in my hand (seriously - I have my fingers by the hook and loop that I intend to start with), hook up the bra, and pull the girls into the cups starting with the left.

DH tells me that my right boob is a DDD, and my left is a D, and I agree... do they make dual-cup sizes in a bra somewhere?

saschalicks
06-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Marissa,
I do it like you! I've never been able to do it from behind.

CBB
06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Wow! Anyone care to lend me a little boob? I'm on the other end of the spectrum. My girls (I should call them babies) are tiny and have shrunk even more than prepregancy since DD weaned. They were 32AA before DD and got up to 32/34B-C during the nursing days. I was hoping they would stay that way, but unfortunately too good to be true. Now they are back down to 32AA, I think even 32AAA (for those of you who don't know, 32A is bigger than 32AA and so forth). I put my bra on by hooking on the back. My problem is that my bra will move up when I raise my arms up I think because I really have no boob to prevent that. DH calls me airport run way :(. Fortunately my sized challenged boobs made tons of milk for DD.

bostonsmama
06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
>DH calls me airport run way :(.

GASP! (Dramatic inhale)

I'm sure he was teasing, but ouch. I guess it depends on how sensative you are about it. If my DH made a similar joke about my untoned thighs, I think he'd be an abused husband. Slaaappp!

All size boobies are beautiful!

dr mom
06-20-2005, 01:04 PM
These days, I just pull a Bravado over my head, get the girls pointed in the same direction, and go.

In my pre-nursing-bra days (i.e. back when I still had some sense of modesty and would have been way too embarrassed to whip the girls out in public) I was a 2-hooks-behind-the-back bra fastener. Hopefully I will be again, but I think it's going to take a lot more padding and lift to achieve the same effect, LOL!

almostamom
06-20-2005, 01:11 PM
>All size boobies are beautiful!

Hmmm, that's a nice thought. My clear glass shower is surrounded by mirrors (what were we thinking when we built this house!) so I've seen these girls from every angle -- definitely not in the beautiful category (hee, hee, hee!) DH is banned from the bathroom when I'm showering -- way too much gravity going on there. Hmmm, I think I just passed the TMI mark!

Thank goodness for Body by Victoria -- my bra magician!!!! :)

~Linda~
DS 11/04

starrynight
06-20-2005, 01:35 PM
My mom puts it on backwards like you M, she has awful bursitis in her shoulder and that is the only way she can put one on.

I put mine on so I can hook it in the back. Slip both arms in the straps sit it right across the chest and then reach behind me to hook it.

amp
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I put arms in, pull under boobs and hook in back, and then adjust as needed.

ETA: Also very well-endowed here, although they just don't look that good anymore!

CBB
06-20-2005, 02:06 PM
>>DH calls me airport run way :(.
>
>GASP! (Dramatic inhale)
>
>I'm sure he was teasing, but ouch. I guess it depends on how
>sensative you are about it. If my DH made a similar joke
>about my untoned thighs, I think he'd be an abused husband.
>Slaaappp!
>
>All size boobies are beautiful!

LOL. He always adds "but I like them just the way they are" at the end so I won't slap him.

caridura
06-20-2005, 02:18 PM
I put mine on the same as you, M. Backwards, hooked and twist around. ;)

Calmegja2
06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Same here. I'm not quite sure why I bother with a bra, most days, except for nipple coverage, I guess. When the nursing fairy left, she not only took what she had bestowed, she took what little I started out with. Sigh. It was a good run while it lasted.

dowlinal
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Now I was the exact opposite. I was big to start with (DD) and by the time my milk came in the girls were so big they practically had their own zip code. There is a picture of me nursing Madeline that is just frightening because I swear she is smaller than the boob she is attached to. Even so I had a super low supply and then when I stopped nursing they never went back to my prepreggo size. WTH!! So much for that natural reduction I was hoping for.

erosenst
06-20-2005, 04:56 PM
So glad to know that I'm not the only adult who can't put it on "frontwards". Was trying on a bunch of nursing bras at a store that had a good "fitter", so she was walking in and out. I was only embarrassed because she could see that I couldn't do it frontwards - no problem that she was looking at my saggy girls!

mudder17
06-20-2005, 05:00 PM
It depends on the bra. :) Front hooking bras are great! But for some reason, I always hook it first, and then put my arms through it. My nursing bras go over my head (no hook), although I have one nursing bra that hooks in front and one that hooks in back. For the ones that hook in back, I do what you do--put it on backwards, hook it, twist it around, and then pull the arms up. I don't have very large "girls" (in fact never thought of them that way because they're so small--large A cup). :P

Sorry M! No help from here! But sending you lots of good wishes for a great reduction (and tummy tuck?) when you're done with the kids. :P

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

bostonsmama
06-20-2005, 09:37 PM
>He always adds "but I like them just the way they are" at the end
>so I won't slap him.

(Two parallel arms straight up in the air) Good save!

Aren't husbands the greatest? They know just what to say to make it all copacetic.

trumansmom
06-20-2005, 10:25 PM
That was me! However, second time around supply was NOT an issue at all. Alas, they got even bigger though...

I have to keep repeating, "Nursing is more important than perky boobs. Nursing is more important than perky boobs. Nursing is more important that perky boobs." *sigh*

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

trumansmom
06-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Anita used to make a freakishly large front hook bra. I'm not sure if they still do. I have one and hate it. There is a freakishly large number of hooks involved to fence in the girls. Hooks are challenging in the back, but I swear my boobs literally try to escape while I'm trying to do all the stupid hooks in the front. My LC actually started laughing at me when I tried to put the damn thing back together!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

dowlinal
06-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow! That is great to know. I would love to hear what you think helped the second time around.

A

Marisa6826
06-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Fence them in?

OK. I just snorted out loud.

That is HILARIOUS!

Now all we need is some sort of an electric fence to keep them perky and in line :P

-m

tarabenet
06-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm thinking if they could guarantee "perky", I'd even go for an electric one..... I swear, mine grew in saggy!

My 17-year-old skinny, athletic, cheerleader step-daughter is now a 36 DD -- and they are perky! How on earth are double-D's perky, fer cryin out loud! She basically looks like a walking, breathing Barbie doll. Color me green with envy..... But, poor thing, all she wants for HS graduation is a boob reduction.

Benet