PDA

View Full Version : Even more Daddy pics....

Judegirl
06-20-2005, 09:33 AM
This was a nightmare for me, but I hope to someday get it the way I want it...

Here's the one I *wanted*, but couldn't print:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27548.jpg

And here's the one I ended up with at 6am on Father's Day... :(

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27547.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jude

mudder17
06-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, I love the first one because of the unusual arrangement of the little pictures, so I can understand your frustration! But the second on is also wonderful and I'm sure your DH loved it! And as usual, I love looking at Rory's beautiful smile and TDF curls. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

aliceinwonderland
06-20-2005, 09:39 AM
oh, you were overdue for some recent Rory pictures, thanks :)

She's beautiful and I marvel at the talent and patience of the mamas here. My husband, got, umm, shoes for father's day ;) Next year!

e.

octmom
06-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Hee, hee. MY DH got shoes too! :) And a couple of books.

I LOVE the pics of Riordan! She is such a doll! :) And both arrangements look great!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

calv
06-20-2005, 10:38 AM
that is beautiful. I love the 1st one. How did you arrange the pic(s) like that? What type of program?

zuzu
06-20-2005, 11:34 AM
These are spectacular! I love the placement in the top one too, but the other one is just as special. I'm sure Daddy loved them! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

kijip
06-20-2005, 04:24 PM
What a cutie and the photos are perfect....

murpheyblue
06-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Beautiful! Great job!

KrisM
06-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Both versions are beautiful. I love seeing pictures of Rory.

Judegirl
06-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Awww....I can always count on you guys to say such sweet things...thanks. :) I'm still hoping to figure out how to print the ones I wanted, but yes, dh was very touched.

Btw...I meant to mention that I couldn't get her to do anything with the Y other than hurl it across the room and laugh, so I finally hung it around her neck and starting shooting pics....that's what you see in the pic, LOL.

Jude

lmintzer
06-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Jude,
This is too stinkin' cute! Rory is a total cutie and seems to like hamming for the camera. I like both versions very much. Hope your dh liked it as well. : )

starrynight
06-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Both of them look fabulous!!! :)

Judegirl
06-21-2005, 10:36 AM
I edited the pics in Ulead photo explorer, and used a collage program called FotoFusion to put it together. I don't like that program at all, but I've never tried one of these before so I don't have any point of reference for you. I just found it to be a nuisance, and couldn't get it to so what I wanted it to do. I'm not a complete computer amateur, but I found it to be not at all user-friendly.

HTH,
Jude

TraciG
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
I love them, they're both great !

heidis2girls
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
My DH got a cordless drill! That's what he wanted and he even went and bought it himself! He also played golf, so he had a pretty good day!

Those pictures are gorgeous! Riordan is such a cutie! I love her curls and her smile! I think both pictures are beautiful and I love them both! You did a great job!

BTW, I love her name! I see that people refer to her as Rory, which I also love!

Judegirl
06-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks, Heidi!

Yes, we named her knowing that the conventional (Irish) nickname for Riordan is Rory, which we also loved. We thought "Rio" might be another option for her, but it hasn't struck us to call her that - doesn't quite fit her, at least now. But I have taken to calling her "Reed" at times, which I think is another great name - hadn't anticipated that; it just came out one day and stuck. :)

The poor kid has about six different names. I should probably start another thread; I'd love to know how other nicknames have come about!

Jude