PDA

View Full Version : Need present for 22 month old brother-to-be

Mama to EllieCat
06-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi all

My good friend has a 22 month old son. She is about to have child number two. I want to get her a gift that will be help her with her 22 month old when the baby comes. I'm looking for something to keep him busy while she nurses and generally has to tend to the baby.

I think she already has a doll for him to play baby with. She also bought all 6 Signing Time Dvds.

Any other ideas- toys to keep him busy- other videos?

TIA

Kristen

janeybwild
06-20-2005, 10:21 AM
I bought my DD the Leapfrog cash register, which I believe will be a big hit (she just turned 2). Lots to keep her busy there. A search of the archives will get you some good reviews of it.

JBaxter
06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
My 19mo old DS is now into match box cars and Thomas trains. He also loves he mega block w/ wagon and mega block car carrier. He doesnt watch TV at all so I cant advise on videos. We have several melissa&doug wooden puzzles he likes ( one makes the animal sounds when you get the correct piece in). Target sells a parents choice cell phone for kids that is a big hit here oh and he plays with plastic zoo animals & dinosaurs ( walmart .88 each). My oldest 2 sons were 35 months apart and I remember wrapping each matchbox car so it would take him longer to get to his prize. I would hid them under the sofa for him to find ( several times a day). 22 months may be a little young to try that but it worked for us at 35 months.
Jeana

Jen841
06-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Video Recommendations-
We could not be without Ralph's World. Jude begs for it daily, and gets it 1-2 times a week.

Craft stuff?
Fat crayons, Paint with Waters, paint, play dough,... Jude does these in his highchair and I hope he will when the baby comes b/c he loves it and I just need to keep an eye on him, but could nurse etc.

Books? Jude has been reading to himself a lot lately, he has his reading chair now (rocking chair). It is a riot!

Megablocks? Messy, but can entertain Jude for long periods of time.

jk3
06-20-2005, 11:39 AM
If he's into trains, I highly recommend the video, I Love Toy Trains - the Music Video. My cousin just gave this to my DS and he is beyond into it.

I like the idea of crafts. My DS loves to play with playdough + cookie cutters. Color Wonder markers and Color Wonder paper is also a big hit. He's also into sticker books. HTH!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png