PDA

View Full Version : Would you know if her nose is BROKEN ??

beckyr88
06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I need a little help/reassurance here!!

We had a fun filled weekend at a little cabin in Michigan, but Stella fell down and got a cut right above her lip. It is healing well so far (happened on Saturday night), but now she has a big bruise right about where her laugh lines would be. And, when you look at her from certain angles, her nose looks crooked!!!

It doesn't seem to bother her at all--which makes me feel better. But when I catch glimpses of the crooked nose, it makes me so worried! Could it be broken without much discomfort? Or is it just the swelling from the fall that is making it appear funny? Am I just paranoid??

What would happen if it was broken anyway....

Thanks for any insight!

Calmegja2
06-20-2005, 05:23 PM
When I broke my nose (cheerleading accident, of all things ;-) ), I passed out, and then when I woke up, all I oculd think about was the location of my nose on my face. It just throbbed and throbbed.

If it's not bothering her, I'd be inclined to think she's just got some swelling that's making her mose look off.

You could always run her into her ped. for a glance, but if it's not bothering her, then I'd be inclined to let it wait.

**deep breath**

If her nose is broken, they'll have to reset it anyways, so I'm not sure if there's harm in a delay, if that's the issue. There was a time lapse between my break and reset, almost a week, I think, and I was diagnosed the same day as it happened.

beckyr88
06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
nak....thank you so much--i feel so much better!! and i had a feeling that the remedy would be a reset.

yikes, you poor thing! a broken nose in high school must have been awful...

thanks again!

Twin Mom
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
My DD fell once and I was worried about the same thing but a friend who goes to the same ped as me told me that the ped said that it is very difficult for kids under 5 to break their noses b/c under 5 the nose is mostly cartilage.

HTH.

beckyr88
06-20-2005, 07:50 PM
That does help! Thanks.