PDA

View Full Version : New Bear In The Big Blue House

Raidra
06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Was anyone else really disappointed by Breakfast with Bear this morning? Colwyn loves Bear, and our favorite ritual is sniffing each other when Bear sniffs the camera. Colwyn has just finally started sniffing us back.. and now we get this crappy Breakfast with Bear show.

For those of you who didn't see it, Breakfast With Bear is really just short segments of Bear talking with little kids with regular episodes of Charlie & Lola and the Wiggles thrown in. Colwyn likes the Wiggles, but not Charlie & Lola.. so he was very angry when that came on instead of more Bear.

Anyone know if they plan to totally ditch the Big Blue House version and only do Breakfast with Bear? Or if they'll do both?

kensjen
06-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh no! I Tivo'd it for Jonah to watch later, I was hoping it would be good. Although Jonah LOVES Charlie and Lola (don't ask me why!) so maybe that will help.

I like the big blue house version, hope it comes back!

murpheyblue
06-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, I didn't see it this morning but the Disney Channel is getting on my nerves. First no early morning Wiggles, now no Bear in the Big Blue House. I was hoping that the one hour version was going to be more of the same.

No sniffing?!? Tell me he and Luna at least sing the Goodbye song.

slknight
06-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Yuck, I hated it! I didn't see the first part (7:00), but did see the 7:30 segment. I don't think it had any Charlie & Lola then - only the Wiggles so DS liked that. But I'm really disappointed that Koala Brothers isn't on at 7:00 anymore. I liked that show and have the music stuck in my head. I hope they'll go back to the old schedule.

jbowman
06-20-2005, 09:27 PM
LOL, Susan! Ellie watches Koala Brothers at 6 am (central time) while I lie on the couch wondering why I'm up at 6 am, LOL!!! I have to say the one thing that makes it palatable to be up that early is that show--I like it too (including the music). It's so cute! I hope they go back to the old schedule too!

We saw the new show this morning, and I wasn't impressed (although, to be fair, I was drifting in and out of consciousness).

jubilee
06-21-2005, 03:57 AM
I wasn't thrilled either. I'm not a fan of Charlie and Lola, and hope that the cartoon segments will have variety. Since I'm trying to limit the tv, I think we'll likely not be watching anyway. Summer is messing up all the children's programming. Logan typically watches 30 minutes in the morning and 30 in the afternoon. They have totally switched Dora and Blue too. And the afternoon is only big kids programs now. :(

slknight
06-21-2005, 05:33 AM
LOL. We generally watch anywhere from 6 to 7:30 (Pooh, Bear, Koala Brothers). Not usually all 3 shows, but parts of them. I surf the web and wonder why I'm up and DH is still sleeping. ;) I always turn it off at 7:30 because I don't like the Doodlebops. Now, 6:30 is the Doodlebops and 7:00 is Breakfast with Bear. Ick. DS currently seems intrigued by the Doodlebops, but they creep me out!

zuzu
06-21-2005, 09:08 AM
We miss regular Bear, too!

I usually get Sarah and myself ready for the day from 6:30 to 7:00, and we enjoyed singing and dancing along with Bear and friends. I can't stand the Doodlebops, and will be very upset if regular Bear is gone for good. I caught a few minutes of the Breakfast show yesterday because were running late, and was not impressed. Sarah kept asking where Ojo and Tutter were. Sarah did like Charlie and Lola though.

I guess it's time to break out the Bear DVDs someone gave us. . .

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)