PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate bark control

sbjf
06-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Anyone familiar with the "New Dog Silencer Pro"? My mom has a couple of loud dogs that live next door to her. They go in and out all day/night long through a doggie door and bark incessantly. She sent me this link and is thinking of ordering it. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has used it/heard of it/thoughts, etc.

Thanks!

ETA: Here's the link. http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/Dog_Silencer_Pro.htm

pritchettzoo
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I would be hesitant to use something on someone else's dogs. If she successfully "trains" them to stop barking and then their house gets broken into... And it's not like the no-pee spray or whatever that remains on your property. These sound waves are designed to transmit onto someone else's property, which is a form of trespassing. But I'm a paranoid attorney. :)

I would just call animal control. In our county, there is a website that lists a number for non-emergency calls like barking/nuisance dogs. They will come out and speak to the owners (and I'm pretty sure the caller remains anonymous). We have really awful dogs next door that aren't out all the time, thank goodness. I have been sooooo tempted to call, but they always let them back in right before I jump the fence with a shovel. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

kristine_elen
06-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't understand how it works.

nitaghei
06-21-2005, 12:38 PM
IMO, these are really cruel. What they do is emit really, really loud sound at frequencies dogs can hear, but people cannot. If there is a problem with barking dogs - talk with the neighbour or animal control. Though, even as a dog person, I did indulge in a little fantasy about doing something similar when my next-door neighbour had four extremely noisy, yappy dogs. So I empathize with your mother. The thing is, every dog in the receiving radius will be subject to the correction, and that's just not fair. These devices are really nasty, and no better than shock collars - which I wouldn't dream of using either.

I really do wish people were more responsible dog owners - it's the jerks who make life difficult for the rest of us.

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)