PDA

View Full Version : We ordered Jacob's big boy bed and furniture

amp
06-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I know it's probably no big deal to some of you, but it was a huge and bittersweet milestone for us. I was so excited to actually order it, but it feels like he's growing up so fast! I don't want to rush any of it! The furniture will be in in about 4 wks, but we're not even sure we'll have a place for it just yet, as it means moving out the nursery furniture, which is going in the room that is still currently the office. We are in the process of finishing our basement to put all the office stuff down there, but it isn't even near being done. So the furniture may have to hang out at the furniture warehouse for a bit. We'll see. We also bought his new mattress, which has taken up residence in our dining room, which is nice....and big. Anyway, although it didn't seem worthy of it's own post, I can't stop thinking about it, so I had to share the big news! Thanks for indulging a nostalgic mama.

ribbit1019
06-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Oh how exciting for Jacob and mom and dad! Moving to the next step of big boy-dom, plus getting a new sib!
It is sad (in a nostalgic way), but you have to make room for the one on the way. :)

Christy
Maddy aka "Diggle"

Maddy says "Uh-oh and OOOoooOOO!"

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

jbowman
06-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I hear you, Andrea! We'll be doing something similar with Ellie around Christmas!

hellokitty1
06-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Andrea-

It sonds cheesy but it definitely is a milestone. We just moved Sydney to a full-size bed and the dynamics are really interesting. NOTE: Be prepared for jumping on the bed. Sydney jumps all over the bed as she loudly sings, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

Congrats on this next phase. You will probably want to get him situated in his big boy room long before #2 comes along so that he doesn't feel the connection like he's losing stuff to the new baby. I've always heard that anyway. But maybe it's just a myth???

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
www.thelins.znot.net (FINALLY updated 6/15/05!)

candybomiller
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Andrea,

I know what you mean about it being bittersweet. Big hugs to you Mama.

khakismom
06-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Oh Andrea, it *is* a milestone!!

Ellen finally received her trundle bed last week (she's been sleeping on a mattress and box spring on the floor of her new room) and as I tucked her in the first nite, I thought of you and wondered if you had finally ordered Jake's new bed. :)

Also, we finally had Ellen's b-day party last weekend and opened your card! THANK YOU sweetie! You are a real angel walking this earth! I was so touched you remembered us! :) :) :)

steph2003
06-21-2005, 11:45 AM
I remember you posting awhile back looking for some stuff - and talking about furniture places in NC (where I live!) I'm glad you found something! even if it is bittersweet :)

alkagift
06-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh, congratulations on that! What did you end up getting?

I empathize with you...we're not there yet and I'm enjoying it while it lasts, but I know it's not for long!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

DebbieJ
06-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Awww...how sweet.

Share pics when you get it all set up! Are you going to redecorate it as a "big boy" room?

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

almostamom
06-21-2005, 10:27 PM
It is absolutely worthy of its own post. Congrats on reaching this mileston -- I can understand why it's bittersweet. Please do share pics when you decorate the nursery and Jacob's big boy room!

Hugs,
~Linda~
DS 11/04

kensjen
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Oh, I totally understand how you feel Andrea. It is definitely worthy of its own post!

It is hard to think of them as big boys, they are only 2! We will be doing the same soon, and I got sad the other day thinking about it. It some ways it seems like we *just* set up the nursery furniture and now he is outgrowing it?!

You still have some time to get used to the whole idea, and feel a big nostalgic. I'll be right there with ya!! :)