PDA

View Full Version : How about a comprehensive bathing suit thread?

brigmaman
06-21-2005, 09:44 AM
It's so much easier to look online.
I'm thinking the bikini won't be broken out for quite a while, if ever at this point. Has anyone found anything fun and comfortable for this season? I'm thinking tankini, but want it to be fun, not fuddy-duddy. :)In the past J.Crew suits have fit the best, but I'm not feeling the price tag.
Any thoughts?

MelissaTC
06-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Well you saw me irl so you know that I am not an itty bitty by any means. I found the best suit this year through QVC from the It Fits! line. You can shop according to aniexty zone. It covers where it needs to and flatters elsewhere. Price tag was around $69 but worth it for me. Have you checked out Lands End? They have some nice suits and LL Bean has had a summer sale going on.

Good luck!

aliceinwonderland
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
LOL at the "shop by anxiety zone" part.

I have not even looked for a bathing suit this year yet, so this thread is timely :)

e.

steph2003
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM
I now have two Lands End bathing suits. My old one is holding up fine I just figured I needed another one since we'd be spending more time at the pool this summer.

They are kinda pricey but seem to be in line price wise with other places. I like that you can mix & match bottoms. I'm tiny on top & have a more ample butt area ;) unfortunately...

I looked at Victoria's Secret for a Miracle Bra one but all the size combos I needed were sold out or back ordered until August, obviously too late! I did finally order one but when it arrived the bottoms were much skimpier in person & the quality just wasn't there so I sent it back. And ordered another tried & true Land's End one!

psophia17
06-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I've always ordered my suits from Lands End, but now that the tankini is so popular, I haven't had as much luck with them. My only other suit purchase in the past 10 years have been from Sears and TJ Maxx, both because of deep discounts.

Other places I've looked:
www.landsend.com
www.eddiebauer.com
www.eddiebaueroutlet.com
www.sportchek.com
www.llbean.com

I like looking at pics online, especially since I know what absolutely won't work for me, but it's disappointing to have only granny suits to choose from with the tankini, mix and match sets, and lingerie straps not being options.