PDA

View Full Version : "Positive" reasons for putting up with the AZ heat.....

almostamom
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
DH is on a business trip where the weather is MUCH cooler than here. I was griping to him on the phone tonight about how I'm so tired of living in the heat. It was 112 yesterday and is expected to be 111 tomorrow. I keep trying to get him to move to the Northwest, but he mumbles some nonsense about having a job here and not there!!

He suggested I make a list of the positive things about living here (couldn't he just empathize with me????) Well, babycakes, here's my list:

1. Bugs/snakes/scorpions die from heat exhaustion before they get into my house.

2. It's too hot for the solicitors to be walking around so they don't knock on my door.

3. I don't have to keep getting up and down to let the dog in or out (he REFUSES to go out!)

4. I don't have to wait for water to boil -- just use the water straight from the hose out back.

5. Relatives refuse to visit from May - October.

6. Don't need to use the microwave for defrosting, just set the roast on the patio for 5 min.

7. My oven mitts become dual purpose and can be used at driving gloves.

Anyone have any others to add?

~Linda~
DS 11/04

kensjen
06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Ha, ha! That cracks me up!! I'm a big list person, especially when I need to try to see the "positive" side of things, so I can relate! LOL LOL I've had to do it while living here, but for the opposite reason...I hate the long, cold winter.

How about, there is always a good reason for blender drinks?!

BTW, I love reason #5!!

bunnisa
06-22-2005, 08:24 AM
The Best Reason: October through May!

Bethany
mom to William 6/03
and another little one due late Feb '06!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png

jbowman
06-22-2005, 08:30 AM
You actually USE your windshield shades, since otherwise the dashboard will melt.

Another use for oven mitts: putting on your seat belt so you don't get 2nd-degree burns.

My twin sister used to live in Tempe!

jasabo
06-22-2005, 08:48 AM
My number one reason for living here is that we DON'T have to put up with cold winters. And a cold Corona tastes much better when it's warm out then it does when it's snowing :) Oh, and remember, the heat isn't THAT bad b/c it's a dry heat ;)

Lisa - mom to 2 yr old twin boys

HGraceMom
06-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Hmmm... we lived in AL for 3 years, and once we moved back to MI (the day our movers arrived in MARCH it SNOWED 7 inches!!!) I came up with a similar list of why the Southern Heat wasn't so bad...

It doesn't "hurt" to breathe hot air - when it's -6 outide, the air "hurts!" going down...

No slushy boots piled on a mat inside the back door

You save SO much money by not purchasing snowsuits, coats, hats, mittens, scarves, turtlenecks

No drycleaning bills for wool sweaters

I could go on and on and on and on about why the hot is better than the cold... and in Michigan, it's cold from October through April & May...

Emmas Mom
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
ROTFL!! Ok, I needed that today. I'm sitting here at my desk contemplating whether or not I want to go outside in the 110° weather for lunch.

I think I'd add that this weather is the perfect excuse to eat all the ice cream I want. :D

alleyoop
06-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Moving from Glendale to Austin 7yrs ago, the BEST thing about suffering through the DRY heat (as oppossed to Texas humidity) is the complete lack of MOSQUITOS!

kamal
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh you guys crack me up... Having moved to AZ just a couple months ago, I am beginning to whine as well about the heat and contemplate bringing my lunch to work everyday so I don't have to step out... I'll have to keep thinking of Linda's list every time it gets fiendishly bad outside :-)