PDA

View Full Version : Lauren (momathome): how is everything going?

lukkykatt
06-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey Lauren, just checking in to see how you are doing. Hope you had some more sleep last night, and are having a good day. Let us know!

kensjen
06-22-2005, 10:25 AM
I was thinking of you, too. Hope you are having a good day!!

momathome
06-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks, for asking, Andrea and Jenn. Things are going a little better. I really do think a lot of it is sleep deprivation because on days when she has slept well the night before, I cope a lot better. A lot of why I was not doing so well in the last week or so is because she had several nights in a row of bad sleep (or no sleep) and the accumulation of sleepless nights was making me lose my perspective. I am also not very good about asking for and accepting help, something I am trying to work on. Dh and I have worked out a new plan where we will alternate nights when she is not sleeping well, that way at least every other night we are each getting a decent night's sleep. Going from 2 kids to 3 has been a lot more difficult than I anticipated it being, particularly since I can't exactly sleep til noon after a bad night - my day starts at 7am dealing with the older 2 no matter how little sleep I got. I have never dealt well with getting little sleep - I have always marveled at people who say they can get by on 5 hours - I need my 7 or 8 hours or I am a mess and not thinking straight.

I really do appreciate all of the support I have gotten here - I know things will get better in time, I am just not the most patient person in the world!

cinrein
06-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Hugs Lauren. I've been thinking about you too. Sounds like you and DH are working toward a solution. It won't be easy, but together you will get through it. I hope little Julia sleeps better for you guys.