PDA

View Full Version : wwyd? i have dc in camp for 2 yo.

StaceyKim
06-22-2005, 03:01 PM
it is called the 2's program (and it is mom & tot). anyway, i get to camp and there are at least 3 dc that are really young (19mo, 20mo and 15 mo). these other children are babies and do not make the cutoff for the class. you need to be 2 by sept 1st. i am really annoyed. they wouldn't let dc in the older prgm bc he missed the cutoff by 3 weeks but yet he is in a class w/ kids that are over a yr younger! what should i say to the director? i am mtg with her tomorrow

tia!

eta: the other issue that i have with this director is that i asked originally if he could be switched to the older 2's and she said she would make no exceptions to the rules and here she made at least 3 exceptions to that rule in my class! i think there are only 6 kids in the other class but it is dropoff. does anyone know what the teacher/child ratio has to be by law?

DebbieJ
06-22-2005, 03:12 PM
I would say something. They should follow the same rules for everyone. Now the class will be less than appropriate for either your dc or the other babes since they'll probably have to change things around to accomodate the younger ones.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

kristine_elen
06-22-2005, 03:42 PM
How many kids are in the camp? If it's just a few, you might want to say something. But if there are 20 and just those three are too young, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's not very expensive and not for a long period of time, it's probably not that big of a deal.

Sarah1
06-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I would most definitely say something. A year is a HUGE age difference. I'd ask to be moved into the other class. Hopefully there is room!??

StaceyKim
06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
the problem is that i only asked a few of the moms how old their dc were and those were the 3. the other kids in the camp...i have no idea. there is only 13 kids in the camp including my ds.

it is for 6 weeks and it is 2x a week. that is a lot of time and my ds is the oldest in the camp. eta: he is the oldest in his grp. that i know for a fact because he missed the cutoff by a couple of weeks

i am definitely saying something tomorrow

StaceyKim
06-22-2005, 04:45 PM
there should be room but i have no idea
i personally would rather just get my money back if he cannot be switched.
he doesn't want to play with the other "babies" in the class. he sits there and plays independently. he can do this at home! he likes to play with kids his age. if he wanted to play with a baby he has an eleven month old at home (for free!). ( :

HannaAddict
06-23-2005, 05:36 PM
That would be really frustrating. I know my son is fascinated by older kids and with kids his age, but doesn't really learn anything or interact much with younger babies. At the music class offered by the symphony, they were great and let him be in the "toddler" class even though he wasn't quite 15 months - since he was one of the oldest in the "baby" class. The instructor actually suggested it for him and another almost toddler. But in another baby "dance" movement class, they wouldn't let him move up to the next class, so we didn't sign up for the series. He didn't need to be with a group of babies half his age (when he was 13 months). Good luck, I hope they accomodate you. Especially since he is just 3 weeks shy of the limit and I bet he is more than ready for it.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04